undo
Nick
15 posters

The Donald J. Trump Presidency

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1139

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 9 Empty Re: The Donald J. Trump Presidency

Post by undo Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:32 pm

I'm gonna lay it all out for everyone here, buckle up for this one.

Outside of their alliance with the US, getting gassed to death by Saddam (with US-supplied helicopters originally gifted in the name of fighting Iran) and being labeled as "terrorists" by Turkey, I don't really know who they are either!

Pretty confident in saying we did them dirty and they don't deserve to be massacred.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 810
    DispositionSunny.

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 9 Empty Re: The Donald J. Trump Presidency

Post by Duff... Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:06 pm

To be clear, yes, Americans are largely isolated from the world they hold dominion of. I just don't think this is new or particularly more striking at this present moment.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:30 am

Remember back in the day when Ilhan Omar was attacked for calling Stephen Miller a white nationalist? Remember when that made her anti-Semitic somehow?

Oh cool look at these leaked Stephen Miller emails...
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post by jesus jones Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:56 pm

sondland going full tekashi 69
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:32 pm

I honestly have no idea if the average American, Joe the Plumber 2019, suburban dance moms, are following any of this.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:58 pm

I can assure you that they are absolutely, and almost zealously, not.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:04 pm

Also.

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 9 P07p6810
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:15 pm

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 9 Img_2019

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 9 Img_2020

Last edited by undo on Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:17 pm

zappo wrote:I can assure you that they are absolutely, and almost zealously, not.
    It is getting remarkably little coverage here as well. Aside from domestic political and economic issues, the majority of international attention is being directed at the Hong Kong protests, the coup in Chile, and more recently the protests in Iran caused by the end of fuel subsidies and the violent crackdown of the Iranian state.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:20 pm

How can the President of the USA have a "personal lawyer"?

Like, what does that even mean
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:00 pm

I mean he does have all sorts of crimes and lawsuits to sort out from before he was president.

But why would this person be conducting foreign policy?

Anyway, this fucker's getting impeached so.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:08 am

...the answer is, yes.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:57 am

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 9 Screen10
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by jesus jones Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:04 pm

back to feeling like this isn’t gonna stick and he’ll be re-elected 😬
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:16 pm

I don't believe that.

I also Believe that Americans are the dumbest people in human history (with knowledge and opportunities to change that constantly within their reach, a caveat most other civilizations in the running for that title never had) so yeah idk
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:20 pm

Is my personal disdain for every Trump voter the desired product of Russian propaganda? Like, have I just played right in Putin's hands as much as everyone who bought a MAGA hat did?

Or is giving them credit for sowing that much division just giving them way too much credit?
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:35 pm

After having to endure three years of this Administration and two full years of watching Nancy Pelosi and her band of idiots fecklessly doing YAASS KWEEN handclaps in the background without actually proposing any real legislative alternative, especially in economic policy and social welfare, I am going to feel very upset if I don't get the opportunity as an American citizen to help defeat Donald Trump and the Republican Party at the ballot box in 2020.

At this point, he has already tarnished the Office of the Presidency and has eroded so many norms and political customs that impeachment would be almost meaningless. If it happens, I will obviously accept it as somehow good news. But it will be really bittersweet. I want to defeat this fucker through popular will and not with legal procedure.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:55 pm

I don't know what I want anymore or if I believe that this form of Democracy can really work anymore.  Again, I realize that was part of the plan all along.

WP64 wrote:At this point, he has already tarnished the Office of the Presidency and has eroded so many norms and political customs that impeachment would be almost meaningless. If it happens, I will obviously accept it as somehow good news. But it will be really bittersweet.

If he is not impeached, his example is a blueprint for any future president to just break the law with total impunity. Like, going forward, why would any Republican president (we will have more of these, sorry) be accountable to any laws or norms? If Trump is not impeached, then what incentive exists for Republicans to not pursue pure dictatorship-style leadership from now until the end of this country?
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:51 pm

We reform our institutions and re-impose the idea of Congress as a co-equal branch of government.

I think you are right to be worried about all of those things, but I think we are already through the looking glass unfortunately. He has already been able to do a hell of a lot without any legal action being taken simply because he is the President and is somehow above the law. The fact that our Constitutional and legal system enables Presidential immunity should force us to re-consider the very basis of our representative system and how power is vested and distribute throughout the various branches of government (the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire was subject to the law as any other subject of the Empire would be, that's the unelected Sultan of a religiously defined Empire, what the fuck are we doing??) Anyways, I know it is hard for Democrats to propose those kinds of sweeping and necessary reforms without being painted as "sore losers" and the right-wing media is going to interpret it as a liberal coup, etc.

But at some point, Democrats are going to have to start putting these things on the table and testing the waters of public opinion. Otherwise, we are going to always be at the mercy of Fox News and conservative talk radio and then, to quote Jesus Jones, we really are fucked!
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:42 pm

I think listening to only 2 minutes of total Republican gaslighting in yesterday's impeachment proceedings just straight up ruined my day. I left work feeling fine and by the time I got home I was super irritable and pissy.

Straight up "I know you are but what am I" paid for by you and me, repetitious "the American people know that this impeachment is a sham and they've had enough!"/"the Democrats have not found one shred of evidence in this witch hunt!", etc.

Go ahead and shrug and say you expected all of this, the scale and 100% all-in participation of this reality denial is really fucking me up, had to knock myself out with Advil PM last night just to get away from it
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:04 pm

I can’t believe we did it. We removed Donald Trump from office and Bernie takes over tomorrow. Democracy works!
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:00 pm

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 9 Giphy

tearsofjoy tearsofjoy tearsofjoy
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:10 pm

Honestly, while I know this doesn't go anywhere and is as likely to help the president's reelection chances as to hurt, it still feels pretty good that this happened.
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by jesus jones Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:45 am

can’t wait to vote for a new president during WWIII
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:47 am

When he reinstates the draft a few months from now I’ll have LOPP inspired Support Our Boarders shirts created for all our boys being sent off to war.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:23 am