2 posters

Every MN State Fair grandstand lineup ever, ranked

quip
    quip
    Jasper's Yurt of Enlightened Conversation

Pizzas : 74

Every MN State Fair grandstand lineup ever, ranked Empty Every MN State Fair grandstand lineup ever, ranked

Post by quip Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:24 pm

http://www.citypages.com/music/every-mn-state-fair-grandstand-lineup-ever-ranked/391194711

I'd probably choose 1971 if I could only choose one to see.

Neil Diamond, Liberace, Sonny and Cher, the Carpenters, George Jones, Loretta Lynn

bumpin
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Every MN State Fair grandstand lineup ever, ranked Empty Re: Every MN State Fair grandstand lineup ever, ranked

Post by Ted Falconi Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:39 pm

Lots of great names on these. A couple of my friends went to see the Ramones / Blondie / Tom Tom Club show at the WI State Fair in like 1989. Ramones burning though the set at 2pm in full leather. Not the ideal circumstance, but at least at that date, they might have still sort of meant it.
    Lots of mind boggling bills, but keep in mind that these things usually go for 2 or 3 weeks.  What I mean is seeing ZZ Top at a street fair in 2014 isn't what it would lhave been like in 1973.

But still, if I had been in Minneapolis in any of these years, I would have liked to seen some of these performances:

Highlights: The Beach Boys, Willie Nelson and Family, John Denver, the Fat Boys, Kenny Loggins, Bangles

Highlights: Dolly Parton, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash Show, Buck Owens, Susan Rye, George Kirby, Lynn Anderson

Highlights: Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band, Nickleback, 3 Doors Down, Vertical Horizon, Aaron Carter, A*Teens, SR-71, David Lee Roth, Chic (with Nile Rodgers), Toby Keith, Huey Lewis and the News, Cheap Trick

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:51 am