+3
jesus jones
BGwaves
Duff...
7 posters

I dunno, who wants to help soundtrack a cartoon?

Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 810
    DispositionSunny.

I dunno, who wants to help soundtrack a cartoon? Empty I dunno, who wants to help soundtrack a cartoon?

Post by Duff... Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:08 pm

So I decided I probably shouldn't just count on Chance the Rapper and Jeremih never finding out I'm using their songs in the background of my dumb cartoons. And so now I'm wondering if any of you talented folks would like to have their songs in the background of my dumb cartoons? I can stop calling them dumb if that would help.

If that's not enticing enough I'll be up front about not having a budget for this. We can pretend I never asked if no one's interested.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

I dunno, who wants to help soundtrack a cartoon? Empty Re: I dunno, who wants to help soundtrack a cartoon?

Post by BGwaves Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:16 am

I am interested. I’d like to hear samples of the sort of thing you’re looking for to determine if I can provide that for you.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

I dunno, who wants to help soundtrack a cartoon? Empty Re: I dunno, who wants to help soundtrack a cartoon?

Post by Duff... Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:22 pm

Oh hey, cool. Was hoping you'd be interested, this might be right up your alley.

Most of the music I was planning on not really interacting with the action, just being this constant background like Vince Guaraldi Trio during Peanuts cartoons. In that vein, I'm looking for something with a cool jazz kinda sound, possibly with hip-hop, house, or d&b beats. If it's helpful, it takes place in 2005.

(I understand I probably could have just named most of these and you'd get the point but here they are anyway.)

And again, it's background, so it doesn't need to be this fully developed thing. Late Night Sound Experiments you have lying around that you're not 100% satisfied with would probably work.

There are two places where I'm thinking of something more specific but this is the general vibe I'm looking for.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:53 am

Ok, do you have a storyboard or something I can watch to get an idea where you’d want music? Also, do we have a deadline or is this a hobby project that can be completed at any time?
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:05 pm

No real deadline here, and I have a bunch of work ahead of me. Was hoping I'd start putting these up in October but if that doesn't happen it doesn't really matter.

I have storyboards but I didn't expect to show them to anyone so I'll have to clean them up. But great, any level of commitment you wanna put in I'll accept gratefully.
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post by jesus jones Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:24 am

i'd be down to help out with this as well
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:37 pm

Hey, awesome.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:12 am

I will happily watch/purchase the results.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1139

Post by undo Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:58 pm

Did you ever have more than one of these shorts uploaded or did I just dream about the others
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:52 pm

Just the one, so far. Unless you accidentally found some rough drafts on my vimeo account.

Michael K. wrote:I will happily watch/purchase the results.

I'll tell you the music should be good at least.
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:09 pm

I don’t know if any of its useful, but feel free to use any of my stuff for free. Sample, whatever. Prob won’t be doing anymore music
    https://cosmicslumber.bandcamp.com/releases
    https://woohoo2.bandcamp.com/album/dance-around
    https://airoverwater.bandcamp.com/
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:20 pm

Thanks, man.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:51 am

I could probably contribute something, I've been working on finishing some singles and have a decent amount of demos laying around I could clean up and repurpose for your work.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:23 pm

Solid bros on this board.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:52 am