Jason Shapiro

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Jason Shapiro Empty Jason Shapiro

Post by Ned Braden Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:20 am

Marshall Staxx actual turned me onto this lil ditty, and it’s one of my favorite things I’ve heard in quite some time:
    Jason Shapiro A0177910

Summary
    Coolatta Lounge wrote: Jason Shapiro - “J.R.S. MIX 2020-2021”

Out now on Coolatta Lounge! Deluxe reissue of Jason Shapiro’s wild “J.R.S. Mix 2020-2021” tape that fried our minds last summer. Super catchy, nasty auto-tuned power pop psychosis.

A truly insane mix of songs Jason recorded over 2020-2021…. it defies genre but somehow all works together perfectly. Hard to even draw comparisons to.. every song takes you to a different place from shreddy fried pop to Mariokart music to heartfelt ballads. Kinda reminiscent of early Ween but in a totally unique style. Killer ass songwriting that will get stuck in your head immediately. Encapsulating life’s barf, beauty, agony and glory all on the same tape. Featuring 2 new bonus tracks not included on the original tape

If I were better at figuring out how to do technology, this is where I would embed one of the multiple songs with Nobel Prize worthy barf and fart instrumentation. Or the song with the opening lyric, “I see ISIS soldiers drinking lemonade on the beach, making sandcastles without a care in the world.”

This is making the album sound really ridiculous and juvenile, and it totally is, but it’s also brilliant in the way that more tasteful folk than I recognize. This thing bounces all over the place in terms of genre, but it somehow works as a cohesive thing… a sort of “poop-forward smorgasbord of rollicking funtime music jamz” which is a terrible way to describe anything but these are the words I use when I talk, think, and write so that’s what I’m going with. Very highly recommend you buy and groove.

https://jason-shapiro.bandcamp.com/album/j-r-s-mix-2020-2021
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Jason Shapiro Empty Re: Jason Shapiro

Post by BGwaves Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:04 pm

I’m fully on board with this after the first listen. Made me turn off basketball to fully smear myself in the sound. That was supposed to say immerse but auto-corrected into smear, just sayin, the algorithm, it knows what’s up. Might even be on our side!
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:41 am

The third song on this, the awesomely auto-tuned “Love,” is channeling some hardcore Ocarina of Time vibes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:43 am