I greatly dislike the success of Liverpool FC

Fair play to Ox Man
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 980

Futebol - Page 37 Empty Re: Futebol

Post by Nick Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:06 pm

Not liking this Liverpool team is basically being anti-football. They can be exhilarating to watch and have in Salah the most exciting player in the league this season.

They sold Coutinho and got better and Klopp seems to have found a keeper in Karius. When they are in a mood like tonight with Salah, Firminho and Mane in full flight it will be hard to slow them down.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:32 pm

I don't like them because I'm an Arsenal fan and they're an example of what a well run club is this budget range can achieve
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:55 pm

I am loving the success of Liverpool. I taped the game and re-watched the first half even though I already knew the result just to watch the joy of the Anfield stands. It makes no sense to lecture people about how they need to appreciate Guardiola and Man City, but then not be able to enjoy this.

Stuff it!
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:57 pm

I find the British Liverpool/Manchester United fans online to be massive twats because they have the entitlement of winning and smugness about their own "heritage". Much like the Red Sox/Yankees, I never want to see them win and wish ill on them constantly. Aesthetic I'm definitely a huge fan of Liverpool and have been a Klopp admirer for a long time.

Manchester City are a nouveau riche club that is very threatening to Arsenal in footballing terms, but will always been remembered for their Middle East money rather than their heritage. As I've probably mentioned before, I find comfort in the hierarchy of resources playing out as it should. The rich win and the poor lose, that is the natural order of football. I find Man City unthreatening on those terms. Same with Chelsea, even though they've been wiping the floor with Arsenal for a decade.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:20 pm

Nick wrote:Looking forward to watching Liverpool eliminate Man City in the quarterfinals!

aw hellz yeah
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:29 pm

These last few days have been amazing. I love this sport.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:04 pm

It's been awhile since I was infuriated by a totally fair penalty decision. I wish we had extra time. Pjanic is such a dope player. Cristiano's six pack is a joy to watch.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:48 pm

I understand the “Hey can’t we just appreciate getting to watch Messi and Ronaldo without debating their greatness” takes but Ronaldo is the fucking GOAT.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:21 pm

Messi is GOATer
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:03 pm

What Ronaldo did last week was phenomenal and the spontaneous reaction of Juventus fans was a really beautiful moment. What Ronaldo did yesterday after smashing home an undeserved penalty is a reminder of how much of a loathsome piece of shit he remains though. He's one of the best ever and he has done a fantastic job slowly evolving into a center-forward role, which has allowed him to flourish relatively late in his career. But he is also a self-centered douchebag who is driven more by personal accomplishment than anything else. Oh, and he is a tax evading rapist.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:24 pm

LOL it was a clear penalty.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:03 pm

I agree it's a totally fair penalty call, but I hate the term "clear penalty". Penalties are at the referees discretion always. Penalty calls are effected by the referee's positioning, interpretation of the laws, and interpretation of the game in front of them. There's very little that is "clear" about it, to me.

Football fans simply must accept that authority and stop whining about it. I texted my friend "never a pen!!" right as it happened, but it took about two minutes for me to realize that challenge is very often a pen. The response to this game from the Juventus side of things, especially Agnelli, has been totally embarrassing. They'll cool off in a few days and regret flying off the handle like this.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:33 pm

From most angles it is pretty clear that Benatia makes contact with Vazquez without/before clearing the ball. However, those slow motion replays do not show that Vazquez basically stops his movement in order to create that contact. I know that doesn't effect the decision on whether to award a penalty, but he has a clear opportunity on goal and instead opts for the cheap, slimy route. It's pathetic.

I thought it was cute of the people at Football Ramble and James Richardson to act shocked and dismayed by Angelli's comments. No, they will not regret those comments, nor will they apologize, nor will they put it past them. Fucking Piero Ceccarini is still giving interviews about his decision not to award a penalty for the original Ronaldo in a Derby d'Italia from 1998, which ended up gifting Juventus the title. They published books about that decision!
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:35 pm

Arsenal were pretty dire last night, by the way.

That first leg was the best football that they'd played all season though. Ozil put in a flawless performance. An unfortunate draw for the semis...
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Ҩ wrote:From most angles it is pretty clear that Benatia makes contact with Vazquez without/before clearing the ball. However, those slow motion replays do not show that Vazquez basically stops his movement in order to create that contact. I know that doesn't effect the decision on whether to award a penalty, but he has a clear opportunity on goal and instead opts for the cheap, slimy route. It's pathetic.

I thought it was cute of the people at Football Ramble and James Richardson to act shocked and dismayed by Angelli's comments. No, they will not regret those comments, nor will they apologize, nor will they put it past them. Fucking Piero Ceccarini is still giving interviews about his decision not to award a penalty for the original Ronaldo in a Derby d'Italia from 1998, which ended up gifting Juventus the title. They published books about that decision!

I'm of the Argentine school where "cheating" is basically looked upon as an art form. That doesn't mean that diving is good or should be encouraged at every turn, just that it's inevitable and should be contextualized in that way. Vazquez put himself in a good position and won the most important penalty for his team of the season in the most high-pressure situation imaginable. He's a person and a professional athlete and his team won the game. That's his job. It reduced the pure sporting spectacle of the night slightly, but he's a player and not a viewer, so he did what he should as a player. Vazquez isn't looking out for our viewing experience.

The fact that old dudes are always holding grudges and won't regret it doesn't mean they aren't 100% wrong. They are taking a situation with obvious ambiguity and pretending like it's conspiracy. Obvious it makes sense from an emotional perspective, but it's wrongheaded and stupid. I suppose they're entitled to create a wrongheaded us vs them if they so choose, but most people will view that as "embarrassing".
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:32 pm

my avatar is retiring soon

i feel sadness
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:16 am

chrondog wrote:i feel sadness
    This news hit me pretty hard actually. As a newer fan, I thought I would be excited because a new manager meant a blank state and I want to get on the ground floor of something rather than reminisce about matches and seasons that I never watched and, in many cases, only have the faintest idea of.

But mostly, this is just bumming me out. I really, really hope that Arsene can loft his first ever European trophy before he departs...
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:17 am

Can’t wait to see how defeated the “Wenger Out” crowd is next year when Patrick Viera has the club wallowing in 9th and it takes 3 managerial changes before the club just appoints Rafa Benetiz.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:46 pm

Ha, like I said there's a reason I have zero sympathy for anything Manchester United or Liverpool do and I hope they both lose every game.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:03 pm

Koulibaly!!!
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:23 pm

That was a fucking dope header from Koulibaly. I love a good laser header like that.

https://a.pomfe.co/ulcvzr.mp4
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:09 pm

Not looking forward to the Salah to Real Madrid rumors that are sure to come this summer.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:33 pm

What a horrendous and infuriating team...
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:05 pm

Oblak is the best goalkeeper in the world and that game was hilarious

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content