reuben
30 posters

Friday Afternoon Pizza Party!

? Ospink
    ? Ospink
    Funky Monk

Pizzas : 85
    DispositionHappy and handsome

Friday Afternoon Pizza Party! - Page 16 Empty Re: Friday Afternoon Pizza Party!

Post by ? Ospink Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:31 pm

The Mac & Cheese looks like an overflowing ashtray.
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:15 pm

Friday Afternoon Pizza Party! - Page 16 00NYCPIZZAPROMO-mediumFlexible177-v6

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/04/16/us/politics/clinton-sanders-trump-true-new-yorker.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:16 pm

Bernie Sanders: A Four Slice Candidate
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:38 pm

New York Pizzeria Creates Pizza Box Made Out of Pizza

Friday Afternoon Pizza Party! - Page 16 Chkjyckw0aagerk
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:52 am

zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:50 am

Cicero man stole money from cars to support pizza habit, police say
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1139

Post by undo Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:15 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpWm9kjMh8#t=5m10s
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:26 am

happy friday fellas
    Friday Afternoon Pizza Party! - Page 16 Ku-xlarge
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:35 pm

We need to take our pizza sauce game to the next level, anyone make their own or do U just buy it by the jar?

While I'm not even complaining about it, right now it's clearly the weakest ingredient we're using and the last thing holding us back from baking what I would consider to be a truly elite pizza.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:20 pm

undo wrote:elite pizza.

There's a few of these online but I love the 2005 somb meetup vibe of this one.
    http://dcelitepizza.com/page2.html
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 810
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:33 pm

undo wrote:We need to take our pizza sauce game to the next level, anyone make their own or do U just buy it by the jar?

While I'm not even complaining about it, right now it's clearly the weakest ingredient we're using and the last thing holding us back from baking what I would consider to be a truly elite pizza.

Initially read we as "we as a board" or "we as a people". Think I'm just gonna go with that.

Anyway, while certainly not elite, I was making pizza a good deal a year or two ago. Would take a small can of tomato paste, the can's worth of water, 2 tbsp olive oil, 6 cloves garlic in a garlic press (seriously, these things R magic), and a ton of parm and oregano (fresh basil too if U can get it). Salt and sugar to taste.

Think TJENZ made his own pizza? Maybe has a better recipe.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:20 am

i've not yet tried making my own sauce, but i usually add fresh basil & oregano to it. maybe this week i'll take a stab at the sauce & report back.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:31 am

Friday Afternoon Pizza Party! - Page 16 UXpITXNqbf
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:13 pm

Alt Right Conspiracy Theorists Obsess Over Comet Ping Pong - Unlikely theory pulls in Chevy Chase pizzeria
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:44 pm

Duff... wrote:
    undo wrote:We need to take our pizza sauce game to the next level, anyone make their own or do U just buy it by the jar?

Initially read we as "we as a board" or "we as a people". Think I'm just gonna go with that.

Anyway, while certainly not elite, I was making pizza a good deal a year or two ago. Would take a small can of tomato paste, the can's worth of water, 2 tbsp olive oil, 6 cloves garlic in a garlic press (seriously, these things R magic), and a ton of parm and oregano (fresh basil too if U can get it). Salt and sugar to taste.

Think TJENZ made his own pizza? Maybe has a better recipe.

The hierarchy of good tomato taste is fresh > canned > paste. Sometimes a little tomato paste can be nice to deepen the flavor profile of your sauce, but it's not necessary. All U need to do is chop fresh tomatoes and cook them 4 15 minutes over medium heat. If U want the super dense texture of a canned pizza sauce, U can strain your sauce then put it in the food processor. Things like onion, garlic, basil and oregano R all good and can be added based on your preference. I always make sure to sautee any onions or garlic before cooking the tomatoes.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:14 pm

Friday Afternoon Pizza Party! - Page 16 Tumblr_m923yv2uvV1qz4cuyo1_500
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:29 pm

chrondog wrote:MTV doing some fine "deep diving" after the Beyonce pizzafit last week

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1718747/pizza-having-a-moment.jhtml

Does anyone else feel like tacos R taking over or already pushed pizza out of the spotlight?
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:45 pm

the Starters podcast a few weeks ago had a discussion about which U'd give up first if forced to surrender one 4 the rest of your life:
    pizza
    tacos
    burgers
    chicken wings

and i thought who the fuck came up with this, no one needs chicken wings that bad.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:17 pm

loved that discussion and agreed that wings R pretty bunk. i'm not a fan of bone-in meat generally because i don't like picking at it. that's not to say i'm gonna pass on a nice app of buffalo wings and some blue cheese, but it's something i order extremely rarely.

i have a friend who orders chicken wings at any kind of Asian restaurant and i think he's an insane person. not that Thai chicken wings R bad at all, but there's so much good Chinese/Thai/Vietnamese food, it seems criminal to order wings.

as they rightly pointed out in the discussion, the option of "chicken wings" isn't fair because it's the only one of the three that is a specific meat. tacos (anything in a tortilla), burgers (ground meat on a bun), and pizza (cheese and sauce on dough) R so broad and diverse that they'll provide U more different flavor profiles than chicken wings could ever hope to.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 810
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:10 pm

I've played this game in real life and it's chicken wings.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 pm

I had wings last night.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:55 pm

i had Ling Ling potstickers last night and i'll take the category of "dumplings" over "chicken wings" any day
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:50 am

Friday Afternoon Pizza Party! - Page 16 3002
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:29 pm

zappo wrote:Alt Right Conspiracy Theorists Obsess Over Comet Ping Pong - Unlikely theory pulls in Chevy Chase pizzeria
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/dec/05/pizzagate-lie-what-it-says-about-society-real
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:04 am

the WaPo deep dive into that story today is fucking bonkers. we are a nation of goddamn idiots.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:10 pm