11 posters

Spring Cleaning

coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Spring Cleaning Empty Spring Cleaning

Post by coyote Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:39 pm

I vaguely recall when I joined the first SOMB. When the fuck was that, 2005? I was a noob but had an earnest and silly boarding style. I was fresh out of college and had no motivation or much meaning to my life. On the SOMB I enjoyed a lot of the sharing about new and old music alike, and joking with Paves, SomeGirl, and reading inspired posts by Montana and Jizza et al. I was pretty lonely and needed some sort of connection then, and the message board somehow helped heal or it would feed that loneliness more, depending on the moment or evening. After college I moved back to my parents home, smoked a bit and worked at Walgreen's in a Section 8 suburb. It was a difficult time for me. Boarding became my place to keep my wildness intact, or engage with others in a more meaningful or absurd manner.

My earnestness led me to create the thread about banging the woman I met at work. It was fun to post about but maybe I went a little too far in confessing. I dont know. I wasn't really a man then, just a boy. I'm pretty satisfied that that board (and Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum 1) basically died, because I feel that Avec died with them.

Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum has been a great place to kick back and be crazy with some elite top gunners. Thank you, Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum.

4-0 
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Spring Cleaning Empty Re: Spring Cleaning

Post by Nick Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:49 pm

This is a good post, coyote.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:58 am

Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:21 pm

coyote wrote:I vaguely recall when I joined the first SOMB.  When the fuck was that, 2005?  I was a noob but had an earnest and silly boarding style.  I was fresh out of college and had no motivation or much meaning to my life.  On the SOMB I enjoyed a lot of the sharing about new and old music alike, and joking with Paves, SomeGirl, and reading inspired posts by Montana and Jizza et al.  I was pretty lonely and needed some sort of connection then, and the message board somehow helped heal or it would feed that loneliness more, depending on the moment or evening.  After college I moved back to my parents home, smoked a bit and worked at Walgreen's in a Section 8 suburb.  It was a difficult time for me.  Boarding became my place to keep my wildness intact, or engage with others in a more meaningful or absurd manner.  

My earnestness led me to create the thread about banging the woman I met at work.  It was fun to post about but maybe I went a little too far in confessing.  I dont know.  I wasn't really a man then, just a boy.  I'm pretty satisfied that that board (and Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum 1) basically died, because I feel that Avec died with them.    

Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum has been a great place to kick back and be crazy with some elite top gunners.  Thank you, Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum.

4-0   

The particulars are so different, but the thematics are the same: I empathize hard w/ this post, just replace "2005" w/ "2006" and "earnest and silly" w/ "earnest and too eager."
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:57 pm

Thanks Coyote.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:25 pm

all great personas die in time.

i find humor in the cycle that began with me boarding about Sunset Rubdown from my parents house in 2006, graduating from college, and boarding about Sun Kil Moon from my parents house in 2014.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:45 am

Am I to believe that you guys were also earnest and confused individuals at some point in your human development?  imlikewhoa 
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:48 am

All of us but Nick and Yancy they were born the way they are. Maybe Bruegel too.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:23 am

Pretty sure Bruegel was never born, he has just always existed.
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Pizzas : 89

Post by vIv Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:37 pm

I can dig and deeply feel this post, Poster-formerly-known-as-Avec.
    Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Post by Bruegel Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:11 am

awesome as that PFKaA post was, i was kind of hoping to come in here and find some elite stain removal recs
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:46 pm

I can't imagine what would have to happen for me to get into an argument about music ever again.

Ff someone says like "ZZ Top has sucked balls since 1981" or something, I might tell them that I think they're usually good for a handful of cool songs on each album after that, but I'm not going to get upset. I may not even say anything, because who gives a shit?
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:18 am

Ted Falconi wrote:I can't imagine what would have to happen for me to get into an argument about music ever again.

this is the best perspective

i wish i could apply it to more cultural mediums than just music
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:00 am

I can apply that logic to most things already. I was eating breakfast the other day and these dudes behind me were talking about geopolitics and Crimea. They were pissed and I thought it was really funny and childish.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:56 am

I've been surrounded by idiots my whole life, I've gotten really good at keeping my mouth shut.

That said I kind of exploded on some lady for comparing OutKast to the Black Eyed Peas a few months back.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:21 am

Geopolitics and Crimea is what you should argue about. i just wish that i hadn't transferred my need to argue about music (which i don't have any more) into a need to argue about television, celebrities, movies and sports.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:43 am

Why is it important to have an opinion on Crimea? Everyone has one and they are usually grounded on misguided, petty information that leads to worthless drivel that I'm forced to be subjected to while I sip my morning cup of coffee. People should care, should read about it, should develop an awareness of the world around them. That is what it means to be a citizen and doing your research goes a long way in making sure that politicians are actually an arm of the people's voice and not the slave to business and commercial interest.

But people don't do that and most conversations about these things (which are confusing) are taken up by people who want quick and easy answers. When intervention into Syria seemed like a major possibility this summer I started reading a lot of articles on the subject. I probably spent two straight nights doing nothing but that, which admittedly isn't really that impressive. I left that experience more confused than when I started.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:03 pm

wp64 wrote:Why is it important to have an opinion on Crimea?

a wise man once said this to me about citizen engagement:
    People should care, should read about it, should develop an awareness of the world around them. That is what it means to be a citizen and doing your research goes a long way in making sure that politicians are actually an arm of the people's voice and not the slave to business and commercial interest.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:23 am

Yeah, why is Geopolitics what people should be arguing about?
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:03 am

that feels like a patronizing question

and WPs post makes no sense
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:44 am

It isn't a wise thing to say it is just the obvious common sense stance but one that often gets ignored, at least in my mind, by the sexiness of protest movements and direct action bullshit.

I was passively attending a few of the Occupy things a couple summers ago with a friend. We didn't do much but sit around, eat burritos, and spectate. We had the misfortune of running into some high school classmate and he kept following us around while yelling "Fuck The Economy!" over and over. I think that encounter was a pretty formative experience and really pushed my cynicism to a whole new level.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:45 am

The movement of goods and services, regardless of its organizational structure and internal logic, fuck that shit!!!
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:55 am

Now that I posted that I feel like I have told that same story before. If so, sorry. It was a pretty formative moment and I think about it at least once a week.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:08 pm

jasperness wrote:that feels like a patronizing question

Yes, it was.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:03 am