Nick
Duff...
BGwaves
ClosetOfExhaustion
C-poots
yancy
Gene Bootcut
16 posters

Thread to record our takeaway orders so we can shame ourselves into eating healthier.

Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Thread to record our takeaway orders so we can shame ourselves into eating healthier.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Thread to record our takeaway orders so we can shame ourselves into eating healthier.

Post by Gene Bootcut Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:16 pm

1 × Kung Po Mixed Vegetables £3.90
    1 × Mushrooms with Fried Rice £4.00
    1 × Crispy Vegetarian Spring Rolls £2.20
    1 × Dr Pepper 0.33L

Had to get the soft drink to meet the minimum order requirement.
    Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Thread to record our takeaway orders so we can shame ourselves into eating healthier.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Thread to record our takeaway orders so we can shame ourselves into eating healthier.

Post by Bruegel Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:39 pm

If somebody posts Fool's Gold Loaf in here do we have to organize an intervention?
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:09 pm

I couldn't think of what to eat last night and somehow I settled on fucking White Castle. A friend and I split a crave case (30 sliders) and it wasn't until around the 10th one that I realized what I was doing to my body. I woke up at 5:30am to drive my dad to airport and was already feeling side effects. I drank a coffee on the way there and during the drive back I was dangerously close to shitting my pants.

I've spent the last hour hunched over a toilet trying to figure out why I did this to myself. I'm actually disturbed that White Castle has a large enough clientele to remain an even marginally profitable franchise. Sort of figured all of them would have dropped dead of dysentery by now.
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

Post by yancy Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:17 pm

I'm not going to bat for White Castle, but if you ate that much food at a decent restaurant you'd probably be just as sick.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:20 pm

You shouldn't even be allowed to buy 30 sliders. If Michelle Obama saw me last night she would have rightfully beat my ass.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:36 am

Google tells me that 15 'sliders' contain 2325 calories. My appendix literally burst when I ate about half of that in one go.

How much does it cost to buy 30 burgers.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:08 pm

Not to say that eating 10 let alone 30 isn't completely gross, but these are some pretty small hamburgers.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:20 am

It cost $20 for 30 sliders. They are very small, which is kinda why I thought I could handle it. I was mistaken.
    Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Post by Bruegel Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:08 pm

this place is dangerously close to my house:

http://www.arnoldandhenderson.com/4-rochelle_canteen.html

not a health risk but my wallets taking a battering
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:21 pm

Just got a promotion. Google reviews tell me I'm order from the best Indian takeaway in Bristol to celebrate

Vegetable Samosa £2.50
    Garlic Mushroom - Indian £2.80
    Vegetable Bhuna Bhalti - Most aromatic dish combined with coriander, green peppers, tomatoes, served in a bhalti dish with naan bread £5.50
    Vegetable Masala Balta £5.70
    Vegetable Rice £2.30
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:26 pm

Promotion calories don't count.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:42 pm

Ended up giving most of it to my flatmate anyway. Why do I always mistake myself for someone who's capable of eating a lot of food.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:16 pm

Lunch at Goose & Gander was a burger topped with foi gras, bone marrow & bacon.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:18 pm

Nick wrote:Lunch at Goose & Gander was a burger topped with foi gras, bone marrow & bacon.

My buddy used to run that place and still handles their wine program. Good joint. Everyone's foie crazy in CA right now.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:08 pm

Got roped into doing this navy fitness course and one of our assignments was to compile a "food/calorie log." My shit was pretty hilarious (unintentionally... just been crazy busy lately). My funniest stretch was when I had nothing but "half and half in coffee - approx 2 oz" 4 times for 15 straight hours then "large pepperoni/sausage pizza - 1."

"Slice of pound cake in car" was another funny repeat entry. I eat like an idiot most of the time. If it weren't for the vitamin c pills i'd probably get scurvy.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:46 pm

4 duck tamales and a side of chips with guacamole from the Tamale Spaceship truck!
    ? Ospink
    ? Ospink
    Funky Monk

Pizzas : 85
    DispositionHappy and handsome

Post by ? Ospink Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:12 pm

Two slices of Meat Lover's at Gigio's in Evanston, which is proving to be one slice too many.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:12 am

Having trouble finding a decent pepper and egg in walking distance.
    quip
    quip
    Jasper's Yurt of Enlightened Conversation

Pizzas : 74

Post by quip Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:15 pm

I have no idea why it took so long for me to order the Chivito sandwich from Cafecito. Steak, ham, bacon, fried egg, mozzarella, lettuce, tomato, onion, citrus mayo.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:57 pm

I grabbed a cafe con leche there this morning and just wanted to eat everything on the menu. I am on a budget this week so sticking to coffee.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:39 pm

I've been sick in bed for like a week now and my stupid flatmate can't seem to cook anything. He keeps going out and buying sandwiches and placing them on my bedside table.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:40 pm

Which is better than nothing, I suppose I'm just irritated with every aspect of his general existence.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:32 pm

I'd be pretty thrilled if someone left a sandwich on my nightstand.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:26 am

Yeah, it's actually a great relief. I'm not entitled to be cooked for or anything - though it is kind of frustrating considering how often I've taken the responsibility for both of us without even any gentle nudging for him to help out, perhaps I should have asked him to at some point. I think I've just been desperately trying to find a way to shoehorn him into one of my posts. I could probably devote a full thread to his eccentricities, but there's nothing on the level of Andy T shitting himself, or Zappo's Nazi friend shitting himself, or Zappo's Nazi friend using a racial slur in a text message (and then shitting himself).
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:37 am

Wait what kind of sandwiches?  Are they like pret-a-manger bullshit?

I was posting from my bed last night and feeling peckish.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:52 am