vIv
Ted Falconi
Nick
reuben
yancy
Ned Braden
Paves
16 posters

Has anyone here listened to a Black Crowes album recently?

WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Has anyone here listened to a Black Crowes album recently? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has anyone here listened to a Black Crowes album recently?

Post by WP64 Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:03 pm

Reuben, or anyone, can I get my pozz function back so I can give Nick a slice?
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Has anyone here listened to a Black Crowes album recently? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has anyone here listened to a Black Crowes album recently?

Post by coyote Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:57 pm

This band always sucked. Reminds me of how people in the 70's hated The Eagles. Well, at least The Eagles had some smooth hits! The 90's was fun until these smelly skinny brats shat turds on the floor of our radio speakers. Some 93xrt bullshit if I ever heard it. I cringe to think of the white collar dopes who think they're edgy and "rockers" while listening to "twice as hard" in their Volvo on their way home from their job at the banks in gridlock traffic.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:14 pm

That's an incredibly specific thing to think about.
    Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Post by Bruegel Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:03 pm

I know nothing of these "Black Crowes" but I admire the specificity of Avec's cogitations

Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Post by Bruegel Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:07 pm

I cry inwardly when I think of Latvian peasants, who identify as Lutheran, humming Orthodox liturgical hymns in their horse-drawn carts as they trek home from a day of toil in the fields.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1145

Post by undo Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:13 pm

I hate this band and Blues Traveler and I've never been able to understand what the board really thinks about them.

I like a lot of bands that are total bullshit but that's a whole other thread probably.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:23 pm

I finally got the floor of my goddamned radio speakers clean and then along comes Mumford and Sons.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:36 pm

coyote wrote:This band always sucked. Reminds me of how people in the 70's hated The Eagles. Well, at least The Eagles had some smooth hits! The 90's was fun until these smelly skinny brats shat turds on the floor of our radio speakers. Some 93xrt bullshit if I ever heard it. I cringe to think of the white collar dopes who think they're edgy and "rockers" while listening to "twice as hard" in their Volvo on their way home from their job at the banks in gridlock traffic.

Rock 1035 and The Loop played these guys a lot.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 876

Post by zappo Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:57 pm

I just read this thread. Until I read this thread, I had no idea that the Black Crowes and the Counting Crows were different bands. Damn.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:47 am

Oh really? What about Black Sabbath? Or Sheryl Crow? Did you think that was the same band too?
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:00 am

How about the Beatles? You at least know they're a different band, right?
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:56 am

Set on all three of those. I've heard songs by each of those acts, but I don't think I've ever heard a Black Crowes song.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:11 pm

I always thought I had, too. My world has really been rocked, here.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:54 pm

It's okay, man. I'm right there with you.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:09 pm

I'd be surprised if there were people on this board who hadn't heard both of these songs multiple times

Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:43 pm

Born before 1990 anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:42 am