Paves
vIv
spiritofeden
Gene Bootcut
BGwaves
Nick
Ted Falconi
14 posters

What are some of the best albums you heard in 2014?

Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 810
    DispositionSunny.

What are some of the best albums you heard in 2014? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are some of the best albums you heard in 2014?

Post by Duff... Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:11 pm

lol, was about to inquire myself.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

What are some of the best albums you heard in 2014? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are some of the best albums you heard in 2014?

Post by Ned Braden Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:13 pm

Michael K. wrote:Whoa. This is really good.
    Yup. Been enjoying this immensely, thanks for the UL Bruegs. Wound up shelling out almost 80 buscks for the vinyl, but money well spent. bumpin
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:43 pm

$80 seems like a good deal compared to the prices I've seen. Still, I think my vinyl fetish days are behind me.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:30 pm

The Quietus named Gazelle Twin's Unflesh their #1 album. It is good but not that good.
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 181

Post by Paves Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:48 pm

Ned Braden wrote:
    Yup. Been enjoying this immensely, thanks for the UL Bruegs. Wound up shelling out almost 80 buscks for the vinyl, but money well spent. bumpin

Dang.  That's pretty sick.  He's probably one of the top living guys that's worth "supporting," in any case.  

It's been a while since I bought a new vinyl release that wasn't a Bill Orcutt album.  On the Moodymann note, I did snag a size XL t-shirt from one of his gigs a while back and that thing is awesome.  He had this fat black chick working the merch table.  Also have seen his classic inspirational recording Silent Introduction show up at the local used CD merchant for 30 dollars and that figure is definitely in crazy out-of-print CD prices territory.  But it got bought by somebody pretty quickly so there ya go.

Been enjoying passable quality mp3s of the new album and they have been sounding just dandy whilst keeping the Midwest pride alive.
    spiritofeden
    spiritofeden
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 31

Post by spiritofeden Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:07 pm

the new album from Medicine is really great.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:59 am

Paves wrote:
    Ned Braden wrote:

It's been a while since I bought a new vinyl release that wasn't a Bill Orcutt album.

Apt description of my vinyl purchasing too. Can almost pass the VDSQ release for dinner music w/ my wife now. She's a real gem.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:22 pm