tjenz
Ted Falconi
21 posters

The Donald J. Trump Presidency

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1144

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 8 Empty Re: The Donald J. Trump Presidency

Post by undo Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:32 pm

Would you be upset if I made a post that was like this:

You're not going anywhere, those shitheads don't move away when they lose etc
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 8 Empty Re: The Donald J. Trump Presidency

Post by WP64 Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:12 pm

Yes?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:28 pm

Well I won't say anything like that, then.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:44 pm

Are 'those shitheads' a stand-in for disgruntled liberals or something? I really don't get it.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:13 am

I'm definitely not talking about liberals.

Maybe I should have said those shitheads.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:15 am

Anyway, there's enough of them who are strategically trying to outbreed us, while we're like maybe we should emigrate, that won't make things worse at all!
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:16 am

My downstairs neighbor was just taken away in an ambulance, she's old so I'm just assuming she's a Trump voter.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:17 am

Taj Gibson was traded and the main supermarket in my town is going out of business after being open almost 30 years.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:49 am

Ҩ wrote:Everyday my desire to leave this country grows stronger. This is all just so very stupid and heartbreaking. American conservatism doesn't even make sense. Like, far-right parties in Europe can be violent and scary and there is nothing good about it, but even Boris and Nigel wouldn't think of touching the NHS. In fact, funding social services is actually used as justification for their isolationism and xenophobia.

It just doesn't make sense to me that people would go out of their way to make their own lives qualitatively shittier just so a transgender kid at high school can't use a certain bathroom during their passing period. It will never make sense and it makes me want to fucking explode.

There was some topic over the summer I think where a Slate columnist just came right out and said "This is just all so very stupid" and that line just struck me hard about what political discourse is right now. Basically we have a large bloc of voters who insist that the sky is the color triangle and it's beyond maddening.

Try to take heart in the fact that most people hate this guy and that we haven't really seen this kind of mobilized resistance to a president this early on in a long time.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:50 am

undo wrote:Taj Gibson was traded and the main supermarket in my town is going out of business after being open almost 30 years.

Wait, Techno Raj's last name wasn't Gibson?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:54 pm

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/24/media/cnn-blocked-white-house-gaggle/index.html

They did it.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:12 pm

undo wrote:Anyway, there's enough of them who are strategically trying to outbreed us, while we're like maybe we should emigrate, that won't make things worse at all!
    I'm honestly unsure if somehow I offended you or how breeding patterns got brought up. If something I said upset you, or my desire to leave the country does, sorry?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:14 pm

I'm not literally offended by anything you're saying.

100% selfishly, I suppose, I do not want people who support progressive values/oppose Trump to leave the country, for reasons that I still assume should go without saying.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:31 am

I can make conservative arguments 100% better than conservatives because I'm not afraid of looking like an ignorant bigot because I believe this shit.

The reason why conservatives are against the transgender bathroom rules is because the rules seek to normalize trans people and integrate them more fully into society. Conservatives oppose this because they believe that trans people are mentally ill or socially deviant, and that we should not normalize their behavior because it will encourage more people to follow their hearts and come out as transgender or express their gender identity more authentically. Conservatives believe that this breakdown of traditional gender norms is a more grave harm to society than the rape, assault, and death of trans people due to lack of protection in society.

Hey any conservative politicians! Will you come out and say this??
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:35 pm

Should there be another thread to talk about the buildup to the midterms? Where can I express my frustration with Perez as DNC Chair?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:58 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/25/hr-mcmaster-national-security-radical-islamic-terrorism-trump

Is this dude legit
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:21 pm

As far as I can tell he's a solid guy, a vast improvement over Flynn. Can't begin to imagine why Trump picked him.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:01 pm

I don't think criticizing Kellyanne sitting on a couch looking like a fucking idiot has much to do with gender or sexism, I think everyone is simply incredibly willing to criticize anything she does because we all hate her
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm

That's been a defense, huh. There's no bottom to how shameful these people are willing to be.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:38 pm

Ҩ wrote:Should there be another thread to talk about the buildup to the midterms? Where can I express my frustration with Perez as DNC Chair?

https://lopp2.forumotion.com/t617-butthurt-berniebros-safespace-and-snowflake-refuge
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:22 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/04/donald-trump-accuses-obama-of-wire-tapping-his-office-before-election

could life ever be sane again
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:46 pm

What's chilling to me (well, that's a long list, but anyway) is that when people buy into a conman, it's very, very difficult to convince them they'd been played. When inevitably America isn't made "great" again, it's probably not Trump or themselves they're going to blame.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:27 pm

that's why all the "fact checking" of this goon is so stupid and disheartening. stop "fact checking" and instead how about we factually call the President a fucking liar who has zero credibility on any issue, and should be investigated ad nauseam by special prosecutors until he gains an ounce of humility or humanity. he doesn't deserve the respect of being "fact checked".
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:06 pm

time to bring the water to this motherfucker's gate on this wiretapping shit

it seems like it will still take awhile, but this motherfucker is COOKED
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:22 pm

Actually reading those tweets, the accusations presented in them aside (just for a moment), it's not just "apparent" but really fucking clear that this guy is really not all there, that his reading and writing ability, actual understanding of history and how government works is trapped at a 8th or possibly 9th grade level.

I just got my takeout so I'll come back to this terrible thought later tonight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 5:29 pm