reuben
undo
27 posters

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 5 Empty Re: itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Post by Ted Falconi Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:15 pm

aw hellz yeah
    After the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, Hutchinson became interested in arming school personnel, he said. He was invited to attend an “active shooter” training and - using a rubber bullet-loaded pistol - he mistakenly shot a teacher who was confronting a “bad guy.”

The experience gave Hutchinson some pause, but he still supports giving schools the authority to decide how best to secure their campuses.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2013/aug/28/school-districts-hoping-keep-security-lic-20130828/
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 5 Empty Re: itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Post by chrondog Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:39 pm

Ted Falconi wrote:The experience gave Hutchinson some pause, but he still supports giving schools the authority to decide how best to secure their campuses.
    Conservatism is a mental disorder
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:37 pm

50 YEARS AFTER MARCH ON WASHINGTON PEOPLE STILL LISTEN TO BROADWAY MUSICALS.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 876

Post by zappo Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:15 am

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 5 601730_10151890199175259_928133508_n
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:47 pm

Was gonna make a smartass post but all I could do was blink at that a few dozen times.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:36 pm

I assume we're not posting in this thread right now only because we would never stop posting in this thread right now.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:52 pm

my boss is going to Washington D.C. next week to do some research at the National Archives

OH WAIT THE NATIONAL ARCHIVES ARE CLOSED LOL
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:53 pm

I planned this trip to the Garden of the Gods in southern Illinois for next weekend. I was in touch with a bunch of campsites but I am not\w limited to only the state-run grounds because of this bullshit. Doesn't matter to me though. I am breaking into that place, hard.

Fuck you John Boehner! I do what I want!
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:54 pm

itt i explain how to be impervious to right wing savagery.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1145

Post by undo Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:26 am

zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 876

Post by zappo Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:34 am

That can't be real...please, tell me that that's not real.
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Post by yancy Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:23 am

Parked next to this car at Caputo's in Algonquin yesterday. Don't miss the NRA cap in the rear window!

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 5 989DD561-9201-4698-BEE2-646E2CA8381D-3283-0000036443189CBB_zpscb4f81e8
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:23 am

sorry wp, but the real garden of the gods is in colorado
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Baller Ass Taco

Pizzas : 231

Post by techno raj Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Driving a Honda Accord? RINO ALERT
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:56 pm

ClosetOfExhaustion wrote:sorry wp, but the real garden of the gods is in colorado
    Yes, I know. Has anyone been to the Illinois version in Shawnee National Forest and can attest to it being an enjoyable experience? Don't wanna waste my time if it sucks.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:57 pm

undo wrote:
    this is one of the worst things ever and basically why

jasperness wrote:Conservatism is a mental disorder
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Post by Ted Falconi Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:27 pm

Email from Mom

Bxxxxx
    2:37 AM
    [Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
    To: Dxxx, Mike Dixon, cxxx

If you can believe it, the real government's Obamacare helpline phone # is 800-318-2596 which is:

1-800-3(F) 8(U) 2(C) 5(K) 9(Y) 6(O)
    Note: The number 1 isn’t assigned a letter.

I'm really scared about the future of this country and our children's futures.

B
    If Eff-One-Uck Yo catches on, this is where it started.

And in case you didn't already know (I recommend acting like you did though if you are confronted with this bs), Medicare has been using this number since 1999.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:24 pm

I don't get it. Is it like, "damn I hurt my back, call that number!" "What number?" "It hurts, fuck yo!"
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:27 pm

I am just glad this isn't happening near any major holiday. I couldn't stand to listen to this sort of talk while trying to get my turkey & stuffin' on.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Baller Ass Taco

Post by techno raj Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Not a great movie by any means, but if you savagery houndz would like to see some proto-RWS you may want to check this documentary out.
    spiritofeden
    spiritofeden
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 31

Post by spiritofeden Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:05 pm

as a Canadian, I don't really understand what this is all about.

Do republicans think free health care is evil?

WTF America.

grapes 
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Baller Ass Taco

Post by techno raj Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:53 pm

Well, that's the message of some of the partisan propaganda. But beneath that it's probably a bit more complicated.

Historically America has had a healthcare system where a lot of people can inefficiently get fairly high-quality but overpriced healthcare and some people get none. While few people thought this was a great system, it was hard to change because it worked well enough for enough people that they were/are resistant to change that may involve a short-term drawback, and the people who would get the long-term benefit from the change (the working poor) are not as well organized or informed about what the Affordable Care Act actually does.

Most people like most of the major discrete elements of the law. If it survives for the next year or two, it will probably be here for good. The same kind of thing happened with programs that most Republicans take for granted now, like Social Security.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:25 pm

raj gibson wrote:While few people thought this was a great system, it was hard to change because it worked well enough for enough people that they were/are resistant to change that may involve a short-term drawback, and the people who would get the long-term benefit from the change (the working poor) are not as well organized or informed about what the Affordable Care Act actually does.

Most people like most of the major discrete elements of the law. If it survives for the next year or two, it will probably be here for good. The same kind of thing happened with programs that most Republicans take for granted now, like Social Security.
    substitute 'heath care' with any other major policy issue and this describes every reaction by the Right Wing movement since The New Deal.

America has always been a great place if you're an oligarch. in the post-WWII era there was enough "trickle down" wealth to sustain the white middle class for a few decades. now everyone else in America wants their GI Bill.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Baller Ass Taco

Post by techno raj Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:20 pm

jasperness wrote:substitute 'heath care' with any other major policy issue and this describes every reaction by the Right Wing movement since The New Deal.
    Well, I think this level of insurgency from the minority party is unprecedented. To take a law that passed Congress, survived the Supreme Court, then survived a presidential election, and then destroy the economy not even to stop it but just to protest it, when has that ever happened before? In the past the speaker of the house would have whipped these guys into shape and compromised in one way or another, for the good of the party.

And the oligarchs have lost control! They don't want a shutdown or a default. They're getting a shitty return on their investment. You increase inequality far enough you're going to make populist movements inevitable... whether it's from one end or the other, Occupiers or Tea Partiers.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Post by Ted Falconi Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:58 pm

When I had to buy free market health insurance for my family of 3, it cost over $1000 a month. No pre-existing conditions, all under 40, just cuz.
    Then we got BlagoCare for my daughter and it cost $25 / month and was the same but with lower deductibles, and all the checkups she needs for school are free. With her off our plan it still cost almost $800 a month.
    That's what some people think is "the greatest healthcare system in the world".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:16 am