Duff...
18 posters

I'm looking for a brand new hairstyle.

Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

I'm looking for a brand new hairstyle. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm looking for a brand new hairstyle.

Post by Duff... Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:10 am

Always told myself I'd go Billy Corgan if that happened, but it appears that won't be an issue for me.

That said I'll probably be completely grey by the time I'm 35 and likely won't do anything to stop it.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

I'm looking for a brand new hairstyle. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm looking for a brand new hairstyle.

Post by WP64 Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:13 am

Rock what ya got!
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:01 am

i pulled out a single, very long grey hair from my head yesterday

i think it was my first random grey that i've had, don't think its a sign though
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:00 am

What is means is that in 5-6 years they'll be coming out of your nose.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:22 pm

I just got a haircut guys, I think it works pretty well on me!
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:06 pm

Last time I went to the hairdressers I gave a really detailed description of what I wanted him to do to the top, front, back and sides. I remember thinking 'man, there must be a less complicated way to ask for a really normal haircut'.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:33 pm

A picture says a thousand words, Soma.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:37 am

If you search for 'young stalin' on Google then the auto-fill is now 'young stalin hipster'. I'd like to think that we had something to do with that.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:38 am

I dunno if I ever posted it here but I decided I'd rather be Nic cage than Bruce willis. I like holding on for dear life even when the world is crumbling around you. I am worried lately about slow thinning... because although I try to exude super mellow confidence, I am simultaneously super duper vain and self loathing. Don't want to go noticeable thin/bald. Want to look like a brunette Lewis.
    At least my facial hair is an undeniable force of nature.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:12 pm

mr. clean w/ a masculine beard is always a great look
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:41 am

The fucked up levels of solitude I was forced to endure last school year had me convinced that I was losing my hair at the age of 20 but after not cutting my hair since shaving it in October my locks are back. I have a disheveled mop of dark Italian curls on my head right now and it feels great.

I wouldn't worry about it Ned. You are an attractive dude and if you are just now realizing some thinning it will take you another half decade before people other than yourself can even realize. From what I have seen you are an attractive dude and I understand you have a pretty banging wife so don't fret. Also, you can thank your creator that you weren't born with a weak jaw line because there is nothing more unattractive than that in the world.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:13 am

Bruegel wrote:this egon schiele cut and the year 1914 just don't add up:

I'm looking for a brand new hairstyle. - Page 4 Egon-schiele-anton-josef-trcka-1914

i think its the combination of the cut and the barbershop poster pose/pout.

Sergei Eisenstein, same time period:

I'm looking for a brand new hairstyle. - Page 4 800px-Sergei_Eisenstein_03

Possible inspiration for David Lynch?

I'm looking for a brand new hairstyle. - Page 4 220px-Eraserhead
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:01 pm

The other day The Young Stalin popped in my head and I had to excuse myself to laugh uncontrollably for 15 minutes.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:33 pm

Every time I look in the mirror, everything keeps coming back to the fact that my hair is just too long on the sides and it's giving me a bowl-cut look that no amount of manipulation is coming close to properly addressing. 

The thing is, I really don't want to do this

I'm looking for a brand new hairstyle. - Page 4 Mrrobot-elliot-haircut

because this is not who I am.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:34 pm

But I think my greater fear is this, and considering how I've been parting my hair lately, it seems like the logical outcome of cutting the sides short.

I'm looking for a brand new hairstyle. - Page 4 DvXsjqbk
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:52 pm

i got a haircut last week and joked to all my Snapchat followers, "don't worry, I'm not alt-right"

the reality in this day and age is that we're all Rami Malek and should embrace our buzzed sides and textured, trimmed tops

i ask for some variation on "buzz to a 3 on the sides and leave it fairly long on top", then ask for adjustments to make it shorter if i don't like what i see

it ends up looking like this, which i'm comfortable with:
    I'm looking for a brand new hairstyle. - Page 4 Photo_10
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:13 am

I haven't cut my hair in over two years. It rests somewhere below my shoulders at this point. I only ever wear Birkenstocks in the summer and probably look hilarious. I've never felt comfortable with short hair and the ugly political connotations only exasperated that problem. Fuck it.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:46 am

I'm looking for a brand new hairstyle. - Page 4 Latest?cb=20170127230820

Not blonde but this is pretty much what I have going on with my hair right now. It requires some product and either a blow dryer or enough time in the morning to let it dry, but I like it. If you need to go more formal you can use some pomade and slick it, but the blown out messy look works for me.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:09 pm

Undo, this is probably​ just something you should ask your hairdresser to take care of.

I'm currently growing my hair long as a one last glory run sort of thing before I inevitably lose it all. I'll definitely be asking a professional to attend to the front and sides when they become too ridiculous
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:00 pm

Ҩ wrote:I only ever wear Birkenstocks in the summer and probably look hilarious.

I'm excited for this weather making an appearance soon. My current Birks are the classic style in black leather.

Ҩ wrote:I've never felt comfortable with short hair and the ugly political connotations only exasperated that problem. Fuck it.

I've always been the same. With time I'm getting more comfortable with short hair. I've never worn it as long as some of the pictures I've seen of you, partially because my hair is painfully straight--no curly/waviness at all.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:37 pm

I'm gonna take this picture of Josh O'Connor and tell her to cut my hair like this but better

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ct1HY-UXEAAI2RZ.jpg

My facial structure is pretty similar to his and it seems to work for him idk

How are my internet brethren rocking it in 2018
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:47 pm

i rock a $20 version of the long-on-top, buzzed on the sides trash that everyone does

buzz to a 2 around the ear and fade upwards, leave the top a mop
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:56 pm

I always want to grow my hair long and then it turns into a mess of formless curls that I lose control of as soon as it's got a bit of length at the back #thickbushproblems
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:01 pm

i have the straightest, thinnest hair in the world

like a Danish baby

here's my instagram you couldn't see the other day

I'm looking for a brand new hairstyle. - Page 4 Screen10
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:06 pm

chrondog wrote:i rock a $20 version of the long-on-top, buzzed on the sides trash that everyone does

As soon as I finally master this it's going to go out of style, I just know it.

My biggest mistake for the last 5 years was asking for a scissor cut all around, I have no idea what I was thinking it looked awful. Clippers on the side have been the biggest key to getting close to something that doesn't look awful.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:01 am