Bruegel
Ned Braden
Pete Best
yancy
zappo
Nick
Paves
22 posters

I'm releasing the Harshest Realm album right now.

Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

I'm releasing the Harshest Realm album right now. - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm releasing the Harshest Realm album right now.

Post by Michael K. Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:34 pm

streamin' and chillin'
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

I'm releasing the Harshest Realm album right now. - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm releasing the Harshest Realm album right now.

Post by Duff... Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:22 pm

oh my god
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:52 pm

Personal challenge to myself for the rest of the summer is to see the best amount of miles I can log during one play-through of Kim Thayil on the runnin iPod.
    _
    _
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 60

Post by _ Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:28 pm

truly inspired sampling/shredding on imsohungry
    Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Post by Bruegel Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:03 am

listened to Apartment Voyager a lot of times today

that into Pizza & Wings Damn is some chill shit

stoner at work kept asking me if Kim Thayil was Boris
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:00 am

Holy shit. I'll delve into this as soon as I'm settled in my new home later today.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:43 pm

Bruegel wrote:Pizza & Wings Damn
    This song is so perfectly titled.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:00 am

Opened some design work, poured myself some wine, about to challenge "Kim Thayil".
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 181

Post by Paves Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:21 pm

Well, thanks, everybody.

Disc three is on SoundCloud now.

Also, I remixed "News from Home" just a little bit.  For anyone who downloaded the mp3s, here's the new version.  Mainly had to pump some guitars the fuck up.
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by Paves Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:53 am

I swear this is the last time this happens, but I remixed a little part of disc three:
    Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/437dugu3p9b4632/HARSHEST+REALM+%5B2014%5D+CD3.zip

Just trying and failing to not get particular about stuff before I undergo burning and labeling 300 CD-Rs.
    damo suzuki
    damo suzuki
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 61

Post by damo suzuki Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:03 pm

This seems like its really long. Or possibly filled with a lot of really short songs.

I don't really know which of the two is the case.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:26 pm

Nobody knows man.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:41 pm

I just can't get enough of the vocals in the first ten minutes of Kim Thayil.

Like only the best music, song makes me want to thrash around, head banging unironically, but still makes me bust out laughing.

Last edited by Ned Braden on Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:43 pm

I still don't know what to say about this.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:12 pm

It's tough to get through this whole crazy thing all at once unless you have boat loads of time on your hands. I've been treating bookends BOOTYZONE and Kim Thayil as standalone pieces and listening to the middle as an album. Perhaps not the artistic intention, but makes it easier to digest for me.

And News From Home is fantastic.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:49 pm

I'm about halfway through. Pavement Ist Rad and the Mahavishnu Orchestra Plays Far Side Virtual.
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:06 am

I love listening to this. It's so strange, like if I didn't know paves I'd think it was some recluse obsessive with an 8 track, groove machine and assortment of band instruments attempting to write a jazz fusion record that's equally inspired by Mahavishnu Orchestra, Miles Davis, Soundgarden, and Yes or something. Maybe I am describing Paves totally right now, I don't know. Anyway, mostly people record weepy acoustic folk with their amateur musical lives. Glad you skipped out on all that. This is pretty inspirational by the way, even though the music is not really my cup of tea lol.

Was this all done by you? I'd love to hear more about the process of making it and what the fuck was going on in your head while in said process. Would be cool if you could stretch out and share more, but I understand if you are busy scratching your musical balls all over the universe at the moment
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:17 pm

I'm releasing the Harshest Realm album right now. - Page 2 Sgq2v8
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:23 pm

I'm releasing the Harshest Realm album right now. - Page 2 25zkm80
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:19 pm

Paves, did you go to any of the Sun Ra shit last week?
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:09 am

Finally got around to dl'ing/listening and I must say this is some great stuff. You did a fantastic job of bridging a whole bunch of genres while making it sound natural for the most part. I don't know what else to say, great work!
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Pizzas : 89

Post by vIv Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:37 pm

Listened to the Soundcloud stream of most of "BOOTYZONE," core sampled parts of "Kim Thayil" and "Pizza and Wings Damn." Was in a pretty constant state of inspiration and wonder mixed with non-stop giggling.

Weird thing happened in the car while I was listening: I was streaming through Soundcloud, got paranoid that it would stream forever and drain my data plan, but even after closing all Safari windows on my iPhone, it continued to stream.

Anyhow, yeah...it's like ringtone free jazz freaktronica, with breaks of Boris, Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats and Sleep.

Thank you, Garrett, for releasing the Harshest Realm album right now.
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by Paves Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:44 pm

coyote wrote:I love listening to this.  It's so strange, like if I didn't know paves I'd think it was some recluse obsessive with an 8 track, groove machine and assortment of band instruments attempting to write a jazz fusion record that's equally inspired by Mahavishnu Orchestra, Miles Davis, Soundgarden, and Yes or something.  Maybe I am describing Paves totally right now, I don't know.  Anyway, mostly people record weepy acoustic folk with their amateur musical lives.  Glad you skipped out on all that.  This is pretty inspirational by the way, even though the music is not really my cup of tea lol.    

Was this all done by you?  I'd love to hear more about the process of making it and what the fuck was going on in your head while in said process.   Would be cool if you could stretch out and share more, but I understand if you are busy scratching your musical balls all over the universe at the moment  

I'll post some crap about this soon.

I'm glad to see people mentioning Mahavishnu Orchestra.

Anyways...anyone who wants to own the three disc box set can now order a copy from me!

http://harshestrealm.com/store.html

I did a bunch of obsessive remixing since I made this thread since a lot of things about the volume levels and shit were bugging me.  So the version on the CDs is basically "definitive," and the stream/download links have been updated, of course. Whatever.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:10 pm

I've wanted to save my praise for a time when I think I can articulate some kind of response beyond whatever the typical reaction to this has been so far. I don't know when that's going to be or what it will look like suffice it to say that I'm sure I've never heard anything quite like this in my entire life.

Surely the bravest album of 2014 or even 2015.
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:23 am

this goes together well with the new aphex twin and the s/t mr. bungle album which i listened to today lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:48 am