Escobar Season
Fedex Pope
9 posters

Thread for the Blue Collar workers of LOPP2

Fedex Pope
    Fedex Pope
    JDF

Pizzas : 5

Thread for the Blue Collar workers of LOPP2 Empty Thread for the Blue Collar workers of LOPP2

Post by Fedex Pope Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:45 pm

So I just switched industries a few months ago. Money's nice. Aches and pains not so much. My children will finally have the gruff father they deserve.
    Fedex Pope
    Fedex Pope
    JDF

Thread for the Blue Collar workers of LOPP2 Empty Re: Thread for the Blue Collar workers of LOPP2

Post by Fedex Pope Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:48 pm

This move also insures me getting divorced several times
    Fedex Pope
    Fedex Pope
    JDF

Thread for the Blue Collar workers of LOPP2 Empty Re: Thread for the Blue Collar workers of LOPP2

Post by Fedex Pope Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:50 pm

I also have a sweet Nextel phone now
    Escobar Season
    Escobar Season
    Admin

Post by Escobar Season Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:20 am

are you married currently

JDF

Post by Fedex Pope Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:18 pm

Yup. It slays.
    Fedex Pope
    Fedex Pope
    JDF

Post by Fedex Pope Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:25 pm

Having someone love you unconditionally in spite of knowing you spent 5+ years of your life trolling a message board was truly gods master plan for the earth
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:17 pm

What is the blue collar worker choice of lunch spot now a days?
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:48 pm

Didn't Madrox get married to a Ukrainian immigrant? Or was that Nick?
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:02 pm

She is Lithuanian buddy. Big difference.
    Fedex Pope
    Fedex Pope
    JDF

Post by Fedex Pope Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:10 pm

Nick wrote:What is the blue collar worker choice of lunch spot now a days?

White Castle
    Fedex Pope
    Fedex Pope
    JDF

Post by Fedex Pope Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:20 pm

Duff... wrote:Didn't Madrox get married to a Ukrainian immigrant? Or was that Nick?

My wife is Moldovan
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:50 pm

Apologies to both your wives, gentlemen.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Tue May 05, 2015 1:37 pm

Madrox - I need you and some cheap labor to do some landscaping how do I get a quote?
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue May 05, 2015 11:03 pm

Probly gonna get forcibly separated from the Navy soon for a decade plus of opportunistic negligence but que sera sera, I've had a good run. I hear the severance is pretty hefty and it'd be funny to get stabbed while working as a manager at a shitass 711. I'll keep all you charming bastards posted as this shit transpires.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue May 05, 2015 11:54 pm

Erm, not sure what to express to you regarding this news but you always have my support.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed May 06, 2015 12:48 am

I'll be fine I'm sure. Glad to have you in my corner though. Thread for the Blue Collar workers of LOPP2 647736119
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Wed May 06, 2015 2:20 am

is the navy doing the forcible separation or Herr Braden?
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Wed May 06, 2015 8:01 am

Did they find out about Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum?
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Wed May 06, 2015 9:23 am

Yea I am curious if revealing all the details of this would be considered treason. And also of any of us being aware of the background would constitute some kind of rebellion.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed May 06, 2015 1:42 pm

Yeah, nothing hush hush or anything. Naval aviation is just sort of a weird beast these last few years. The longstanding Navy wide 'up or out' promotion system has combined with a reduced budget and aviation community specifics to make it really difficult to promote past LT (the magic promotion really, since once you're at LCDR you're pretty much guaranteed to be able to serve long enough to get the cushy 20 year pension).
    Back in the day anybody who did their job well could get to this point. But not so much anymore. Part of the problem is that pilots and NFOs generally enjoy their job, and they're not leaving the service at a very high rate. If I were a ship driver or a poor schmuck on a sub, I'd pick up LCDR no problem... they promote at like a 90% rate. Last couple years, flight officers promoted well under 50%, and those that did were generally following prescribed career paths.
    It's all about competition against your peers, in a community specific job, and for as many cycles as possible. Back in 2010 the writing was already on the wall for me. I had the option of going out to Fallon, NV to be an instructor at the E-2 weapons school. This would've had me engaged in an important billet, flying in the E-2, and ranked against a bunch of in-community peers. It also would've sucked balls, and, as a lot of my friends who went that route have found out, may not have resulted in promotion. So, I chose option 2: I hung out in England for 3 years flying with the RAF and milking life for all its awesomeness. Plus, I got a cute Brazilian out of the deal who I smuggled back to the states with me. Far and away a big win IMO. I'd certainly do it again. Now I face the consequences: I'll likely have to learn how to operate in the real world. I like my chances.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Wed May 06, 2015 11:01 pm

I like your chances too, amigo. No doubt option 1 would've done more damage in terms of fucking your chances of operating in the real world. So good job.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Fri May 08, 2015 6:19 pm

i need someone to fix my new master bathroom sink, ned. i'll give you beer and food and a porch to hangout on for a few days.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri May 08, 2015 6:43 pm

I'm a much more efficient breaker than fixer, but I'd do my damnedest.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:46 pm

Might have accidentally got promoted. Not sure yet. Fingers crossed!
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:48 pm

Shit could actually land me in white collar workers of Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum if all things play out ok! aw hellz yeah

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:26 pm