4 posters

latin music

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

latin music Empty latin music

Post by undo Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:11 am

Walked by this car that was playing something really loud, it had this really simple, slow and repetitive reggae bassline and I don't know if that was really "supposed" to be so loud or if this was just how the guy's stereo system was making it sound.

It had the typical melody that would be played by a melodica, especially in a dub reggae style song, but it was definitely being played by an accordion in the style of music played in taco shops. That is a terrible description but it is the best I can do.

If there's some kind of electronic/bass music that features traditional instruments like this, I might want to know about it.
    undo
    undo

latin music Empty Re: latin music

Post by undo Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:17 am

This is #1 on the REGIONAL MEXICAN SONGS chart and has 86 million views.

I have no context for this, but the part at 3:00 in sounds really weird to my ears.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:25 pm

undo, just check out your local Mexican FM station. I think you'd be surprised by a lot of the music. If you are in range listen to Vocolo radio 9.11 FM on Sunday's and you'll hear all kinds of interesting Latin music.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:44 pm

BGwaves wrote:If you are in range listen to Vocolo radio 9.11 FM on Sunday's and you'll hear all kinds of interesting Latin music.
    I wish I was, and it irritates me to hear them constantly plugging it on WBEZ and getting emails about all their shows when it just doesn't come in out here it all.

I also like Helado Negro but I think I'm looking for stuff that hasn't been covered by Pitchfork.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:17 pm

probably nsfw
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:28 pm

undo wrote:Walked by this car that was playing something really loud, it had this really simple, slow and repetitive reggae bassline and I don't know if that was really "supposed" to be so loud or if this was just how the guy's stereo system was making it sound.

It had the typical melody that would be played by a melodica, especially in a dub reggae style song, but it was definitely being played by an accordion in the style of music played in taco shops. That is a terrible description but it is the best I can do.

If there's some kind of electronic/bass music that features traditional instruments like this, I might want to know about it.

from my limited understanding, this is what some reggaeton/dancehall fusion is nowadays but i have the same issue of never being able to figure out what the good tracks i should be listening to are.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Same.  It's awful.  I've taken to going to up to people (or employees in restaurants, when applicable), when I can, and just asking them what song is playing.  As a result, I've been able to track down some real gems.  But there's little as disappointing as finding out that you don't share a common language with someone in one of these situations.  That's happened to me more than a few times, too.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:13 pm

BGwaves wrote:you are in range listen to Vocolo radio 9.11 FM on Sunday's and you'll hear all kinds of interesting Latin music.

This station is endlessly teased and hyped on WBEZ but I'm 21 miles west of Chicago and we don't even get a trace of the FM signal for it. I have not tried tuning in digitally but don't even know what I'd use to do so.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:03 am