reuben
quip
14 posters

ITT you bring me up to speed on all LoPP related news from the past 5 years

quip
    quip
    Jasper's Yurt of Enlightened Conversation

Pizzas : 74

ITT you bring me up to speed on all LoPP related news from the past 5 years Empty ITT you bring me up to speed on all LoPP related news from the past 5 years

Post by quip Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:30 pm

stay frosty
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

ITT you bring me up to speed on all LoPP related news from the past 5 years Empty Re: ITT you bring me up to speed on all LoPP related news from the past 5 years

Post by reuben Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:46 pm

Chrono is eating clean, doing yoga and buying $25 bottles of wine.
    Deej moves back to Chicago.
    Cinnamon Pooter spent $450 on a sweater that doesn’t fit him and is pilled right off the rack.
    Ned, Zappo, Sausage and Paves had a couple karaoke nights.
    Nick got a vasectomy.
    Duff is going to tweet about his latest book.
    Avec joined a cult, then left it.

Everybody is probably clinically depressed even though it’s is readily apparent that we are all crushing it.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

ITT you bring me up to speed on all LoPP related news from the past 5 years Empty Re: ITT you bring me up to speed on all LoPP related news from the past 5 years

Post by reuben Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:47 pm

I’m sure I’ve missed something it’s been a while.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:50 pm

Oh now I remember: nobody can score Radiohead tickets and it’s a real bummer.
    Wrestling Punk 64 is a 24 year old.
    I’ve started combing my hair to the other side and it’s really working out for me.
    Undo and Jesus Jones are not happy about Trump AT ALL.
    Mitchell was in a commercial.
    quip
    quip

Post by quip Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:37 am

reuben wrote:Chrono is eating clean, doing yoga and buying $25 bottles of wine.
    Cinnamon Pooter spent $450 on a sweater that doesn’t fit him and is pilled right off the rack.
    Nick got a vasectomy.

Everybody is probably clinically depressed even though it’s is readily apparent that we are all crushing it.

Thanks Reuben.

Really the only surprise is the Chrono update and that's awesome to hear.

Put me in the crushing it category, here are some highlights from the past few years:

Sold our house in Logan Square and moved to Independence Park.
    Keeping up with phixed jr's piano lessons three years in.
    Hiked to Phantom Ranch in the Grand Canyon.
    Got jr into professional wrestling.
    Picked up rock climbing.
    Went to Iceland and backpacked the Laugavegur trail with the Mrs for our 10 year anniversary.
    Deleted Facebook and Snapchat accounts.
    Started meditating daily.
    Sold our house in Independence Park as the market there went insane and our house was too big for us anyways.
    Currently renting the top floor of a mansion in West Walker and enjoying the first time in seven years where things like yard work and snow shoveling is not required.
    Hiked to Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon.
    And, just recently, decided to see the Fast & Furious films for the first time in my life. 4 down, 4 to go.

Almost all of these things were driven by the Mrs and I was along for the ride. Looking back, it's been a pretty transformative period for the family.

That said, there's plenty of shit and ennui day to day. I ran only three times in 2017. I've lost touch with a ton of friends I used to be close with. Short term memory is as bad as it has ever been. Plenty of extended family drama to deal with and so on. But yeah, listing all the good stuff puts the shit in perspective.

BTW, I had totally forgotten about this place until that email landed in my inbox the other day. Whoever's idea it was to send it howyadoin

Is the JDFF still up and running? Any news from over there that might be of interest?
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:52 am

reuben wrote:Chrono is eating clean, doing yoga and buying $25 bottles of wine.
    Nick got a vasectomy.

Can't stop cracking the fuck up at this post. Pretty much on point.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:00 am

how old is phixed jr?

mitchell and i both have little ones now.

the latter half of the above is why i've also not been running. signed up for a 5k in april tho!

JDFF died its most recent, and perhaps final, death within the last month or so, i believe.
    quip
    quip

Post by quip Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:33 pm

yeah, congrats you two. parenthood is awesome Smile

little phixed turns 8 next month. kinda nuts how quickly that happens.

current obsessions are mario odyssey, nerf guns, star wars, wwe, climbing, and math.

here's the parental text conversation that happens when your kid asks to go to math camp this summer: "wow, that's awesome. what a good jew-asian. how the fuck did he hear about math camp? (five minutes later) holy shit, a week of math camp costs more than a summer of park district summer camp. let's see if he keeps asking about it."
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:23 pm

Is the rave archive still online? I don't remember the url for it.

I had years to properly check it out but I was lazy and not curious enough and took it for granted. Now I'm looking for it and can't find it.
    quip
    quip

Post by quip Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:43 pm

It is but only for zines. The 1000+ mixtape files are in the hands of a couple different groups of people who want to bring them back online but I'm not sure what the status is of those projects.

URL: http://ravearchive.com/
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:53 pm

phixed wrote:Really the only surprise is the Chrono update and that's awesome to hear.

didn't realize i had such a solid rep as a sucka eh
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:37 pm

ClosetOfExhaustion wrote:JDFF died its most recent, and perhaps final, death within the last month or so, i believe.

The last like two years of it was me arguing with a catholic/Trump supporter and nothing else so way overdue obvs.
    quip
    quip

Post by quip Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:05 pm

chrondog wrote:
    phixed wrote:Really the only surprise is the Chrono update and that's awesome to hear.

didn't realize i had such a solid rep as a sucka eh

i had to throw at least one comment in there that warrants a im feelin it
    quip
    quip

Post by quip Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:07 pm

Duff... wrote:
    ClosetOfExhaustion wrote:JDFF died its most recent, and perhaps final, death within the last month or so, i believe.

The last like two years of it was me arguing with a catholic/Trump supporter and nothing else so way overdue obvs.

That feels like a pretty logical conclusion for that board.

What happened to some of the regulars like Yancy/Damo/Deej/Raj etc?
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:12 pm

I saw a tweet from Yancy suggesting he's got an infant now too? He did once trick us into thinking he won like $600,000 from McDonald's Monopoly before though so who knows.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:58 pm

Raj pops in from time to time. I think that Damo vanished not too long after this new board was set up. Didn't he?
    quip
    quip

Post by quip Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:33 pm

Thanks. I also need an objective update on Reuben's cardigan game when one of you has a chance.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:41 pm

Phixed, I’ve been back on the hoodies since Microboss was born to be perfectly honest.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:00 pm

Miguel K has at least one kid, too.
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post by jesus jones Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:20 am

i moved to chicago for a while then moved to richmond, va

other than that, list is on point
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:17 pm

Jesus Jones failed to mention that he's a pretty major elite-ass recording artist, now.  Dude is hot fire.
    quip
    quip

Post by quip Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:53 pm

zappo wrote:Jesus Jones failed to mention that he's a pretty major elite-ass recording artist, now.  Dude is hot fire.

imlikewhoa

Tell me more!
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:32 pm

Hey Phixed! Great news: Everyone got Radiohead tickets after all!
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:32 pm

And I wore a cardigan to work.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:23 am

phixed wrote:What happened to some of the regulars like Yancy/Damo/Deej/Raj etc?

Hey man! howyadoin

I'm making lots of kombucha and hoping to go to Taliesin and take acid this spring; just trying to be the best Avec I can be

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:44 pm