2 posters

thread for finding lost songs

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1140

thread for finding lost songs Empty thread for finding lost songs

Post by undo Thu May 04, 2023 9:04 am

I started a thread a while back to try to identify and find a song that I've been searching for for years. Rather than bumping that thread with questions about a totally different song, I figured I'd just start a brand new one.

So if you have any songs you want to find, feel free to post them in here.

I'm looking for a 90s house track. I remember nothing at all about it except it was from the early 90s and my brother and I heard it on some late night mix on B96.

And literally the one and only thing I remember about it was some female vocal that was either repeated or sampled and looped, where the singer was just going "Mit! Mit! Mit! Mit! Mit! Mit! Mit! Mit! Mit! Mit! Mit! Mit! Mit! Mit! Mit! Mit! Mit! Mit! Mit! Mit!" (pronounced like "Mitt" as in Mitt Romney)

Or maybe it was "mip mip mip mip mip mip mip mip mip," I really don't know. It could be a chopped syllable from some longer word that the vocalist was singing. I really don't know what the deal with it is.

It just randomly plays in my head every once in a while, that's really all I have to go off of.

The funny thing is a couple of weeks ago I was working late with a coworker and we had absolutely nothing to do until it was time to clock out and she was watching TikToks on her phone a few feet away from me, and I was really exhausted and I had a headache and I was not in a chatty mood, PLUS she started watching some anti-transgender stuff on there and I'm listening to it and it's putting me in an even worse mood and I'm not really up for getting mad at her about it or trying to get into a debate with her or anything, I just think that would be counterproductive given the state that I was in and even when I'm at my best I'm conflicted about how to even address that.

But then that videoclip of some guy ranting about "what a woman is" or whatever comes to an end and then she starts watching some clip that has the song "Bulletproof" by La Roux. And the song was mixed with this old house track that I've been looking for for years!

And if I could have gotten my shit together I could have simply asked her what she was watching or asked her to play it again and then recorded it on my phone or something. But of course I didn't do that because I don't seize the moment and would rather stew in that shitty feeling that I get during the last hour of the day than actually get a valuable clue that would help me solve one of the biggest mysteries in my life.

I have 5 or 6 songs that I'm forever searching for along with a few random scenes from movies or television shows that I never properly identified that I'm always trying to find the origin of. I guess I've given up on hoping for a better future or trying to find the meaning of life and have settled on these as my White Whales that I need to catch before I hang it all up. If you have any of those yourself, please post them here.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1140

thread for finding lost songs Empty Re: thread for finding lost songs

Post by undo Fri May 05, 2023 9:25 pm

I'm looking for a 90s song, it was R&B or hip hop.

There's a part in it where the singer sing/speaks this:

Dum ditty dum dum
    Dum ditty dum dum
    Dum ditty dum dum
    Dum ditty dum dum
    Dum ditty dum dum
    DUMMMMM

(the text in red means he's singing that part just a little bit faster)
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 995
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:03 am

I listened to a slightly sped up version of this song and I’m convinced it shares a melody with a famous pop song… I don’t know what date range but I feel like a Kelly Clarkson Type of pop singer could’ve done it. I’m feeling 2000s to 2010s but wouldn’t be shocked if it went back to the 80s. It’s killing me.

Specifically the hook that starts at around the 51 second mark and goes to 1:20 or so. This has to be the hook from a (popular I assume) pop song and it’s even more noticeable when sped up.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 995
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:00 pm

It’s driving me absolutely nuts. I was whistling it today at work and a colleague also recognized it. We agreed that it definitely shares some DNA with Madonna’s Like A Prayer but I swear there’s another specific hit song I’m thinking of. I hear the lyrics coming at about this pace, probably two times in sequence, for what I believe is the chorus.

Maybe if nobody else can figure it out, I’ll just make it into a top 40 hit and leave it up to the original singer to sue me “He’s So Fine” style.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:28 pm