zappo
chrondog
21 posters

Newspaper Headlines That Make You Want to Give Up on Life

Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Newspaper Headlines That Make You Want to Give Up on Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Newspaper Headlines That Make You Want to Give Up on Life

Post by Ted Falconi Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:13 pm

Improve hockey? Not likely.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Newspaper Headlines That Make You Want to Give Up on Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Newspaper Headlines That Make You Want to Give Up on Life

Post by WP64 Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:25 am

It's already the perfect sport.
    petey
    petey
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 49

Post by petey Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:06 am

Reuben would you agree that over half of hockey's fanbase is a direct result of white flight?
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:46 am

To Canada?

Newspaper Headlines That Make You Want to Give Up on Life - Page 5 2206898677 
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:11 pm

There are definitely racist hockey fans but more than half of the fan base? Probably not. Maybe in Boston. If white people liked hockey only because they thought basketball was too black the NHL would be much bigger than the NBA.

There has been a concerted effort in the league during the Bettman era to increase the audience. I think there's better parity in the league than the NBA. I don't think about basketball enough to compare the two though because I think basketball is boring.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 979

Post by Nick Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:10 am

Lead story on the news was a guy beating his daughter to death after she peed her pants before making it to the bathroom. She was 2.

Another story was about a guy letting his stepson cry in a crib for two hours with a broken leg because he was playing video games.

These people should be shot in the center of the city and let everyone watch.
    petey
    petey
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 49

Post by petey Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:12 am

reuben wrote:There are definitely racist hockey fans but more than half of the fan base?  Probably not.  Maybe in Boston.  If white people liked hockey only because they thought basketball was too black the NHL would be much bigger than the NBA.

There has been a concerted effort in the league during the Bettman era to increase the audience.  I think there's better parity in the league than the NBA.  I don't think about basketball enough to compare the two though because I think basketball is boring.

That's fair
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 810
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:48 am

petey wrote:I don't recognize/understand most of the emoticon options here anymore
    Yeah.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:21 pm

Practically everyone here is an admin guys. If hockey-based smileys make you uncomfortable you're free to create ones that better reflect your own interests like manga or whatever.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:32 am

reuben wrote:like manga or whatever

love this burn
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

Post by yancy Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:51 pm

I have less than zero interest in hockey but I don't mind the smileys.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:23 pm

Newspaper Headlines That Make You Want to Give Up on Life - Page 5 A9Txm4pCYAAcK6w
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun May 25, 2014 12:28 am

What happened at UC-Santa Barbara is really, really sad and fucked up. I tried to watch his video made the day before and couldn't get through more than the first 90 seconds without giving myself the willies.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1143

Post by undo Mon May 26, 2014 2:00 pm

I finally read all about it this morning.  

I kind of wish I hadn't.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1143

Post by undo Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:18 am

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jun/09/boris-johnson-calls-removal-anti-homeless-spikes

all this time I just thought that "Rough Sleeper" was something that Burial just made up
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:52 pm

Four Young Boys Killed Playing on Gaza Beach
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:21 pm

Vagina selfie for 3D printers lands Japanese artist in trouble
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:05 pm

reuben wrote:Four Young Boys Killed Playing on Gaza Beach

Waiting for a major US publication to write the headline "Israel: Terrorist State".
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:24 pm

I don't think NYT had even mentioned the source of the rockets in earlier reports. Just that "4 boys died in gaza explosion"
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Where is Slate's contrarianism when we need it?
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:07 am

ClosetOfExhaustion wrote:Where is Slate's contrarianism when we need it?

This Slate?
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:32 pm

For a while, I thought "Man, our kids kids are probably going to be the last generation to die out before the mass extinction", then I thought "No, our kids". When I read things like this

Officials have long known that hundreds of miles of city water lines have deteriorated and need replacement, with many past the century mark. But in recent years, L.A.'s elected leaders have been unwilling to hike water rates enough to fix them more rapidly. As it stands, the city-owned Department of Water and Power is on track to replace main water lines only once every 300 years.

http://www.latimes.com/local/cityhall/la-me-ucla-flooding-20140731-story.html#page=1

I think "no, we've only got a few more years left." Because we're always reminded doing anything to sustain the species is always impossible because it costs too much money, or will maybe cost certain people making enough money hand over fist and discourage them from employing people in hazardous jobs in , like, West Virginia. As if "money" is this thing that we didn't invent out of thin air and THAT'S the substance we can't live without. And if people want water or air, they're just going to have to pay for it.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:00 am

Basically every headline for the past month. Shit hasn't hit the fan like this in a while, right?
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:51 pm

Would you just look at the Chicago Tribune homepage telling me I am going to live longer than ever smushed in between these other stories?

Newspaper Headlines That Make You Want to Give Up on Life - Page 5 Trib10

Yer makin me MAAD
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:47 am

Health Worker Who May Have Had Contact With Ebola Is on a Cruise Ship

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:22 am