reuben
Ted Falconi
31 posters

Television Discussion Thread

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Television Discussion Thread - Page 34 Empty Re: Television Discussion Thread

Post by undo Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:45 pm

I'm sick to death of superhero stories and meta-superhero stories and "what if superheroes were real?" stories but it is impossible for me to deny that this is like the least boring show I've ever watched. You WILL see shit you never thought you'd see on television!
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:14 pm

damo suzuki wrote:Russian Doll S2

Watching this reminded me a bit of Ned's Juliette Lewis obsession, where middle-aged Natasha Lyonne isn't really aging gracefully exactly but is also not by any means striving for eternal youth, and looking absolutely amazing on the screen while she's doing her own thing. Not necessarily even in a hot way, she just looks fucking awesome. To me, anyway.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:06 am

Ned Braden wrote:
    Ned Braden wrote:Im so excited to see new Better Call Saul. Rewatching the whole thing before I do.

Is it... the greatest television show ever? IMHO it should be in the conversation. Well, at least so far.

I don’t want to jinx things, but the case for this bold claim has only gotten stronger.

Start to finish, and just like… in general and in all the ways… this is the best tv show I’ve ever seen.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:52 pm

I’m very excited for the Amazon Lord of the Rings show.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:58 am

Nick wrote:I’m very excited for the Amazon Lord of the Rings show.

Strange show that is hard to wrap my mind around. The dull parts of each episode are totally fucking awful and I can’t believe anyone thought stretches of 15-20 minutes was worth putting on film. For example, the Harfoot storyline is so uninteresting and feels so pointless I struggle not to fast forward.

But then, there are stretches where the show completely captures the magic of the films and I get sucked in and am reminded how much I love Tolkien’s universe.

I don’t think I’ll rewatch season 1. No need for that but I have hopes the show can become something special over the next several seasons.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:32 pm

Really really feeling that scene in The Bear when Richie is telling the wrong story to the wrong woman during a bad date.

It’s really a great show and I’m excited to see where it goes from here.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:23 pm

Copenhagen Cowboy is absolutely wonderful and you should all watch it so NWR can make a second season and take us even further into the NWR realm. It’s on Netflix.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:21 am

I’m blown away by the txt msgs Justin Roiland sent to a 16 year old. Cartoon Netwrok dropped him and he resigned from his game development company. This story has links to various things including the Reddit thread where all this started.

https://kotaku.com/rick-morty-season-7-voice-justin-roiland-domestic-abuse-1850026753

I added this link just in case the ‘comment’ that it comes from gets pushed into oblivion.

https://www.themarysue.com/what-did-justin-roiland-do-the-justin-roiland-controversy-explained/
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:42 pm

If any of you enjoy laughing at unintentionally funny television, I’d recommend The Accused on Fox. The first episode was on after the Cowboys/49ers game on Sunday and I decided to watch it for a bit. Wow. I don’t wanna give away anything but as said already, if you have some time to kill and have Hulu, it’s worth watching at least the first episode for laughs.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:21 am

The last "TV show" I watched was "The Sandman"

First half of it was much better than the second imo

Have I read the comic? No!
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:56 pm

Little Neddy goes to war wrote:Really really feeling that scene in The Bear when Richie is telling the wrong story to the wrong woman during a bad date.

It’s really a great show and I’m excited to see where it goes from here.

Are you caught up? I just finished season two this past weekend. Was kinda unsure about season one, but I thought season two took bigger swings and nicely paid off some of the themes they had been building up.

I love how when they need to feature a deep-dish pizza in one episode, instead of Lou Malnati's or something similar, it was Pequod's! I did the Leonoardo DiCaprio pointing at the TV meme!
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:37 pm

This might be my earliest television memory that's not Sesame Street.

Now the running aesthetic of every other CBS Boomer action series makes a little more sense.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:57 pm

Fuck yeah at the legendary surfer from Big Wednesday going on to become a supersecret supersonic helo pilot and hanging out with Ernest Borgine.  I don't remember any of the specifics of Air Wolf, but I remember it kicking 1980s ass.  

RPI JMV
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:00 pm

Re-watching Seinfeld will never get old.

It is the only thing I can think of in this moment that somehow gets even better as it ages poorly. If that even makes sense.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:03 pm

Kramer just said the phrase “Julliard trained dermatologist.”
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:36 pm

Ned Braden wrote:Re-watching Seinfeld will never get old.

It is the only thing I can think of in this moment that somehow gets even better as it ages poorly. If that even makes sense.

Yeah, I get it, totally.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:56 am

How I Met You Mother is such an all time classic show.

Like…
    Ted Mosby sucks.
    The show is far from perfect, in general, as a sitcom.

But it is really really good, and with countless all time classic moments.
    And it is THE definitive millennial show. Nothing else even comes close. Everybody from my generation plus or minus a half generation will relate to so many situations in this thing. Eminently re-watchable, and without actually knowing whether or not this is true, I feel like it is probably just starting its second life (millennials who had kids young and those kids are getting into sitcoms for the first time and “haha mom and dad this is what your lives were?”) and will also have a third life (like if I ever have a kid), and will live in time forever as the perfect example of what it was like to be a 20something circa 2006. This would be to post-college me what The Wonder Years was to my childhood dad and lol at Winnie Cooper popping up in season one to hook up with Ted once.

And Bob Saget god damn fucking A legend I heart and miss you RIP.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:09 am