Ted Falconi
31 posters

Television Discussion Thread

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Television Discussion Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Television Discussion Thread

Post by Ned Braden Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:11 am

Bob and David god fucking damn.
    ? Ospink
    ? Ospink
    Funky Monk

Pizzas : 85
    DispositionHappy and handsome

Post by ? Ospink Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:12 pm

Ned Braden wrote:Bob and David god fucking damn.
    That's been my reaction as well. They're actually better at it now.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:25 am

I've yet to grow accustomed to the subtler coarser language The Mindy Project has adopted since the move to Hulu, and now I'm being presented with simulated alley sex? My word.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:28 am

I feel like it's worth noting that the only two shows I watch in 2015 were created by and star indo-american actors I was introduced to through prior work on NBC sitcoms. But it probably isn't.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:19 am

i have enjoyed the 3 episodes of Master of None i've seen so far.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:55 am

Gonna make a pretty bold statement here...
    I've watched seasons 2-8 of the Simpsons, as well as the Twin Peaks episode with the dancing midget...
    But I'm pretty sure this is as good as TV has ever gotten:

WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:10 am

Have you guys watched any of Making a Murderer? It certainly hasn't gotten me in a festive mood but I've really enjoyed binge watching this show for the past two nights.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:46 am

Not feeling the new cleaner look of Antiques Roadshow.
    Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Post by Bruegel Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:42 am

I'm assuming there's a US version but I'm quite attached to the idea of you ripping this, Songs of Praise and Last of the Summer Wine from some obscure private torrent tracker.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:43 am

I started House of Cards recently. It's pretty good but not spectacular. What is the board's consensus on Fargo? Is it as good as everyone says or does it get talked about so highly because there really aren't many great television shows airing over the past couple years?
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:06 am

there really aren't many great television shows airing over the past couple years?
    What's that now?
    tjenz
    tjenz
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 80

Post by tjenz Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:05 am

I watched season 2 of Fargo and thoroughly enjoyed it. I haven’t seen season 1 yet. I plan to rectify that soon.

Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:23 pm

Duff... wrote:
    there really aren't many great television shows airing over the past couple years?
    What's that now?
    I don't know. It seems like there are a lot of decent shows (thanks in part to Netflix) but there aren't any great television shows right now. I could be wrong, but if so, what am I missing?
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:04 pm

I can vouch for season 1 of Fargo being worthy of the Coen Bros. imprint.
    Haven't seen season 2, but have liked 100% of the Ted Danson entertainment product I've seen in my life.

If there's a GRATE show on now, my vote is for The Affair. It's on Showtime, 2 complete seasons so far.

Currently watching a few Larry Sanders Show episodes per week on Crackle. Probably the best show ever, but Crackle is easily the worst Roku channel interface I've encountered.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:05 pm

I've never watched Fargo but the whole concept is ridiculous!

Why not have a show called "Pulp Fiction" written and directed by totally different people, starring totally different characters, that simply copies the aesthetic and setting of the original film?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:10 pm

I really love Mr Robot and am looking forward to season 2.

We received season 1 of Better Call Saul and the complete series (!) of The Wire on DVD for Christmas, which is all the TV episodes I'll need for 2016. And yet my gf wants to start watching Mad Men on Netflix! I don't think I can do this but she is insistent.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Post by Ted Falconi Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:34 pm

undo wrote:I've never watched Fargo but the whole concept is ridiculous!

Why not have a show called "Pulp Fiction" written and directed by totally different people, starring totally different characters, that simply copies the aesthetic and setting of the original film?

I can't tell if you're joking or not. If you're not, I'm interested in hearing your reason for why there shouldn't be such shows.
    Did you know that most film directors, including the Coen brothers and Quentin Tarantino, don't always write their own movies?
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Post by Ted Falconi Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:37 pm

I would certainly watch a Tarantino-blessed tv show set in the Pulp Fiction universe.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:43 pm

Maybe it's actually good? I wouldn't know and I'd better be prepared to eat my words if it is.

I'm serious insofar as I'm being honest about my admittedly ridiculous reaction towards a show I've never watched. I can definitely go deeper into this for anyone who'd love to read some real bullshit tonight!
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:01 pm

I'm interested and my initial reaction was the same as yours. Now that everyone I talk to raves about how good it is I've softened my tone but I'm still not convinced...
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:45 pm

Ҩ wrote:
    Duff... wrote:
    What's that now?
    I don't know. It seems like there are a lot of decent shows (thanks in part to Netflix) but there aren't any great television shows right now. I could be wrong, but if so, what am I missing?

I knew while posting this that I wasn't really interested in having this conversation so I'll just say it seems a weird time in our history to say such a thing.

Anyway I feel Undo's reaction to Fargo is natural though it doesn't stand up when you think about it more.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:22 pm

Anyone wanna talk about Making a Murderer, guys?
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:52 pm

The first episode was pretty interested when I was drinking.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:41 pm

I've watched it twice and spend hours reading the subreddit discussing the case. I can tell you anything about it you want.

I'm being facetious, of course. Only me and other idiots on the Internet care.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:49 pm

I am somewhat curious what you Illinois types think about Wisconsinites (or Northeastern, WI in particular; I'll Sheboygan your boygan).

Also, hi. I stumbled across the board when Googling Andrew Unterberger's old Twitter handle @augetsthegold and could't resist a post.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:03 am