20 posters

Gun Preverts

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Gun Preverts - Page 4 Empty Re: Gun Preverts

Post by undo Mon May 21, 2018 10:41 am

murder weapon perverts are feeling this shooting hard.

Proof that armed guards save (some) lives and banning assault weapons wouldn’t have changed a thing.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon May 21, 2018 10:43 am

I overuse quotation marks way too much and I’m trying to cut back. That’s why I didn’t put any around the first word in that second sentence.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon May 21, 2018 1:15 pm

Best case scenario is ten kids get killed and these people wonder what we're complaining about.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed May 30, 2018 12:01 pm

Gun Preverts - Page 4 Statis11

I didn't deface this like really I wanted to. Too much to do today to face the consequences for it.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Wed May 30, 2018 5:32 pm

It’s Fewer crimes, dipshit.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:58 pm

https://twitter.com/SteveKerr/status/1025588811290443776

mang
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:34 pm

http://www.publicseminar.org/2018/04/mass-shooting-and-the-spectacle-of-whiteness/
    By far the most thoughtful piece I have ever read on the crisis of mass shooting in the United States...
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:50 am

Happy to report that the friend of mind who was in the bar that the dude was attacking in Ohio, last night, survived. Big Carly Rae Jepsen fan and an all-around solid bro, that guy.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:13 am

Really glad he is okay.

These events have started to make me feel actually nauseous. I used to just be sad, then my primary reaction was anger, and now it's just like a fucked up level of acceptance that makes me literally sick to stomach. Our elected officials in the minority-controlled Senate have decided they won't do anything about this, so nothing can be done and these events are just going to keep on coming. All you can do is hope that America is a big enough country that none of this will actually impact someone you know and love, but as Zappo's previous post demonstrates that can't last forever.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:15 am

The GOP talking points this morning are focused on video games. Incredible that they were probably strategizing in advance of the next mass shootings on how to shift the narrative.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:16 am

zappo wrote:Happy to report that the friend of mind who was in the bar that the dude was attacking in Ohio, last night, survived.  Big Carly Rae Jepsen fan and an all-around solid bro, that guy.

Glad to hear it!

I bumped this thread yesterday afternoon but deleted my post last night because it just felt too weird to say anything at all in here, even though that's just what this thread is for. Went to be early last night, I was in a garbage mood that was pretty much just how I felt after the New Zealand mosque massacre.

I also made the decision to not watch any coverage of this or read any further about it than I already had, which probably helped although it's the height of privilege to be able to make that choice and just tune out things I don't want to hear about.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:30 am

Gamers are the future of the Republican party, this will never change even though they scapegoat the culture constantly to a degree that (in theory) should push these potential voters away. But this will never happen! Perhaps Steve Bannon understood this.

Perhaps plugging emotional teens whose brains aren't finished growing into highly realistic murder simulators for hours every day, while flooding their subculture with unchecked far right talking points that feeds into their sense of self and understanding of the world, wasn't a good idea?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:15 pm

https://www.democracynow.org/2019/8/8/headlines/trump_supporter_with_loaded_pistol_knife_arrested_outside_el_paso_immigrant_center

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-supporters-confront-protesters-at-el-paso-memorial

Gun Preverts - Page 4 Elpaso10
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:58 pm

Serious question, why is he going to get kicked out of the murder weapon range? (Perhaps he doesn't actually get kicked out, we may never know, but it appears he's done something wrong).

I'm not going to ask this anywhere else where I'll get piled on by murder weapon lovers for not intrinsically understanding what's happening here. For context, this video has 15 million views.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:55 pm

Lots of ranges have rules against firing in full automatic mode. Essentially tho, this is a murder weapon guy shooting murder weapons at murder weapon place, so it’s like why does anybody really care? (Cue some “well akshully” murder weapon guy rant about how full auto is a shitty way to fire because it’s less accurate so therefore this guy is a chump wasting ammo and not a professional murder weapon guy with true murder weapon respect like the person giving this theoretical rant).
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:59 pm

Many owners have respect for the rules. I would agree with the theoretical guy in your post Ned. It’s a waste of ammo, less accurate, and a display of bravado that makes him seem like a poseur.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:06 pm

Oh, me too. The argument is sound. But theoretical murder weapon guy wanting to butt in and make a point about why he knows things about murder weapons and why everybody is stupid is an old trope I'm beyond tired of.

If this range had rules against that nonsense and dude got ejected, then he totally got what was coming to him.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:25 pm

Yeah I agree with the trope thing. Blowhards always suck even when they are making a good point. Hard to like a blowhard.
    John Boy Walton
    John Boy Walton
    Right Wing Savage

Pizzas : 2
    DispositionFUGLY

Post by John Boy Walton Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:23 pm

I got my FOID and my son and I are going to buy a murder weapon this week and hit the ranges. Something small just to gain the skill and knowledge of fire arm use. Will likely keep one in a fingerprint safe, but I am apprehensive. Never owned one before.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat May 14, 2022 4:03 pm

someone plz get this kid the help he needs

just a tragedy all around, crazy times but what are you gonna do eh
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Wed May 25, 2022 9:07 am

Sent my kids off to school this morning gripped in total fear, helplessness and depression. It’s really hard in a moment like this to convince yourself they’ll be safe and be able to get through the day having learned something new, laughed with other kids and had a genuinely uplifting day that benefits them.

Instead, I am left crying for the victims and their families and so angry at how stupid this country is and the politicians that are owned by murder weapon lobbyists and too cowardly to do anything. Both parties - just worthless cowards.

This is a terrible country and it always has been.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Wed May 25, 2022 10:43 am

Chuck Schumer reminding people to vote as a solution to murder weapon violence. Dick Durbin letting us know that nothing can be proposed until after Memorial Day because they’re all going on vacation.

Worthless fucking cowards all of them.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed May 25, 2022 12:45 pm

It's one thing to say "things will never change" but another to really feel it on a visceral level that you've never quite felt before and then also predict the reactionary playbook nearly word for word on "both sides" to affirm this to a degree that you were never quite capable of imagining before.

Every time this happens the status quo only becomes more and more calcified. I'm completely confident that a 20+ victim school shooting could happen on a daily basis in this country, live streamed on Twitch, and it would only result in more murder weapons and more defensive murder weapon owners and a murder weapon lobby that politicians somehow become more and more fearful of. I would bet my life on this just to win a sandwich.

I don't have kids so I can't cry over this (also my brain is broken and I haven't cried in years, I'm not bragging about this), instead I just feel dead inside but what else is new? Lots, actually! We're unveiling strange new depths to that too
    Pete Best
    Pete Best
    Solid Bro

Pizzas : 116
    DispositionSweet

Post by Pete Best Sun May 29, 2022 12:39 pm

I tend not to wade into things like this and risk coming across as lecturing Americans who largely agree with me. It is numbing, though.

I'll say that somewhere on the internet is a message board with a thread that has been bumped over 300 times since Apr '99.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/local/school-shootings-database/
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:19 am

Code:
    https://www.billboard.com/pro/atlanta-music-midtown-festival-canceled-murder weapon-laws-georgia/

The long-running Music Midtown festival at Piedmont Park in Atlanta, scheduled for Sept. 17-18 with headliners My Chemical Romance, Future, Jack White and Fallout Boy, has been called off, according to a statement issued by festival organizers. The likely cause, industry sources tell Billboard, are recent changes to Georgia murder weapon laws that prevent the festival from banning murder weapons on to the publicly owned festival grounds.

“Hey Midtown fans — due to circumstances beyond our control, Music Midtown will no longer be taking place this year,” a statement posted on Music Midtown’s website reads. “We were looking forward to reuniting in September and hope we can all get back to enjoying the festival together again soon.”

While owner Live Nation didn’t provide any additional details for the cancellation, pro-murder weapon rights groups had been emailing and posting comments of the festival’s social media page for several months, hinting at potential legal challenges from murder weapon groups following a 2019 ruling that expanded a 2014 Georgia law that critics had dubbed the “murder weapons Everywhere” law.

That law – officially known as the “Safe Carry Protection Act” expanded Georgia’s already permissive murder weapon statues to grant residents the right to pack heat in bars, churches, schools and other private businesses with the owners permission. It also expanded murder weapon carry rights on publicly owned land, like the city-owned Piedmont Park, although there was no legal consensus on whether or not the law applied to private events on city property, like Midtown Music.

That changed in 2019 when the Georgia Supreme Court set new rules on what types of businesses could and couldn’t bar murder weapons on publicly owned land. Five years earlier, a Georgia murder weapon rights group filed a lawsuit against the Atlanta Botanical Garden after one of its members was briefly detained for attempting to openly carry a holstered pistol into the garden, which is located on publicly owned land.

As part of the 2019 ruling, Georgia’s high court set a test for how the Safe Carry Protection Act was to be enforced by private businesses using public land. Businesses and groups that held certain types of long-term leases for state-owned land could legally bar murder weapons, while businesses with shorter term leases could not. While the ruling favored the Botanical Garden, it created legal issues for festivals like Music Midtown that held short term leases for city parks sites.

The festival, launched in 1996 by Atlanta-based music promoters Alex Cooley, Peter Conlon and Alex Hoffman, had long barred attendees from bringing murder weapons into the event. In general, most major companies will not host a festival in a location that permits murder weapon owners to carry their weapons into an event, with an exception sometimes made for law enforcement. Some artist riders actually have specific language saying that artist will not perform in cities or states where murder weapon laws grant attendees the right to bring weapons inside of a concert venue.

While the 2019 ruling by the Georgia Supreme Court made it more difficult for private companies to deny licensed and armed citizens access to events on publicly owned land, it did not give the city of Atlanta the authority to enforce this decision or force the festival to allow murder weapons into the event. Instead the law created a pathway for murder weapon carrying individuals, who had also purchased tickets to the festival, to successfully sue event organizers if they were denied entry to an event taking place on public property.  

Additionally local authorities are typically involved in security for large scale events and likely would not have been able to enforce an illegal murder weapon ban, so the festival would have had little to no backup to keep firearms out.

Cancelling the 2022 festival gives Live Nation an additional year to weigh its options and potentially move the event to privately held land or to lobby the state legislature to update the law when it is back in session.  

murder weapon rights groups are also refining their own strategies for expanding murder weapon carry rights into concerts and festivals and have begun identifying other Georgia events and venues on public land to test the boundaries of Georgia’s murder weapon laws.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:39 pm