Ted Falconi
21 posters

The Donald J. Trump Presidency

ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 18 Empty Re: The Donald J. Trump Presidency

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:26 am

i started mentoring at a west side ymca. contacted them the day after the election to see how i could get started.  they need so many more men to sign up for stuff like this.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 18 Empty Re: The Donald J. Trump Presidency

Post by Ned Braden Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:04 pm

Getting involved in a senate campaign, but mostly that’s just x-post gash hounds if I’m being honest with myself.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1143

Post by undo Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:15 pm

raj gibson wrote:
    undo wrote:My brain is just completely broken, I don't think I'm going to come out of this in one piece without professional help.

I don't think I'm saying anything people don't already know but most people would benefit from some kind of counseling/therapy and I'd encourage people to seek it out, especially when the personal stuff is multiplied against whatever is happening in the world at large.
    This is in the works.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:15 pm

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 18 DNK6QlpVoAA9kvM
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:17 pm

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:21 pm

Ted Falconi wrote:Ned Braden, Do you have any opinion on this (written by an Army vet):
    https://www.balloon-juice.com/2017/10/19/general-kelly-was-shit-all-along/
    I saw this and have been thinking about how to reply... saw a few nit picks in that article on first glance where I was in strong disagreement, but longer answer fourthcoming. There’s some sketchiness afoot here with this Kelly story, but he’s still a guy who’s kid got killed in a war. I dunno man, I still haven’t come to terms with this evolving story, to which I have intentionally been paying only half-attention (self preservation at this point).
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:30 am

I am volunteering at the county level by tutoring adults in English. If anyone in DuPage County is interested, let me know. It's is very meaningful to me because neither of my maternal grandparents were ever able to fully grasp the English language after moving here in their 40s because of work and family obligations. It is one of my grandmother's biggest regrets. It's also just a lot of fun and only takes like four hours/week (about two hours to create a lesson plan and then a two hour session each week). Most of the people are Spanish-speaking (75%) and most are low-income. The program has a lot of success stories and the statistical outcomes are pretty remarkable.

I was also attending some precinct meetings for Democratic Party organizers, but that fell through because they were super unorganized and I got busy with work. Now that Pawar dropped out of the governor's race, I really want to get involved in the Daniel Biss primary campaign.

I'm really eager to see who the Democratic challenger will be for IL-6. I fucking detest Roskam and will personally knock on every door in the district this summer if I fucking have to.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:33 am

Manafort indictment falling flat with me considering it doesn't implicate Trump at all and unless there is more to it might only embolden his witch hunt claims.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:27 pm

I've got a friend who works at The Washington Post and he says that this is the real deal:

Code:
    https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4163402/Papadopoulos-Statement-Offense.pdf
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:44 pm

yeah, the papadapolous one is real punch at this admin. WH had all weekend to prepare for manafort indictment, then this morning they find out this other dude already plead guilty 3.5 weeks ago.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:24 pm

Sanders: He was a volunteer.
    Me: lol

zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:33 am

Ned Braden wrote:
    Ted Falconi wrote:Ned Braden, Do you have any opinion on this (written by an Army vet):
    https://www.balloon-juice.com/2017/10/19/general-kelly-was-shit-all-along/
    I saw this and have been thinking about how to reply... saw a few nit picks in that article on first glance where I was in strong disagreement, but longer answer fourthcoming. There’s some sketchiness afoot here with this Kelly story, but he’s still a guy who’s kid got killed in a war. I dunno man, I still haven’t come to terms with this evolving story, to which I have intentionally been paying only half-attention (self preservation at this point).

John Kelly: "But the lack of an ability to compromise led to the Civil War. And men and women of good faith on both sides made their stand where their conscience had to make their stand."
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post by jesus jones Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:57 am

john kelly is a piece of shit
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:50 pm

That's awfully generous. I mean, I've taken some pretty great shits, in my day.

Last edited by zappo on Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:33 pm

Ned Braden wrote:There’s some sketchiness afoot here with this Kelly story, but he’s still a guy who’s kid got killed in a war. I dunno man, I still haven’t come to terms with this evolving story, to which I have intentionally been paying only half-attention (self preservation at this point).

gonna ask you to reconsider this "Kelly is actually one of the good ones" position in light of these lovely new Civil War comments.

serving in the military and experiencing the loss of a loved one in combat have literally nothing to do with your value as a person. it's patriotic mumbo jumbo to put soldiers on a pedestal.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:01 pm

Agreed. Definitely sucks (at least in my opinion) that the dude lost his son for no good reason, but that's all it means. My grandfather died, one time. Doesn't mean I haven't said, done, thought or whatevered my share of terrible stuff.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:19 pm

Yeah, Jesus those civil war quotes were just gross. Well on my way past reconsidering and almost getting into the “guy’s a shitbag” train.

This doesn’t help his case either:

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 18 40b17910
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:50 pm

actually, affirming other nations' right to self-determination can be seen as progressive in some ways

99.9% of Americans can't pretend to speak to how Chinese people feel living under their current regime

anything Laura Ingraham agrees with can't be very smart
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:27 pm

Kelly is a piece of shit. Just like anyone that is associated with this administration. They are all garbage and no offense to Ned, but even those with a military background that speak for Trump are shit bags.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:26 am

tearsofjoy The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 18 2759354671
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:54 pm

i still maintain that Trump's insistence on calling Elizabeth Warren "Pocahontas" is one of the most insidious rhetorical moves he's pulled. and he's basically been given a free pass for it.

he might as well call Maxine Waters a nigger on C-SPAN at this point.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:32 am

Over the past year I've never quite found it in me to get to the bottom of that one.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:15 pm

"A country of samurai warriors."
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:49 pm

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/360117-trump-nominee-for-federal-judge-did-not-disclose-he-is-married-to-a

President Trump’s pick to be a federal district judge in Alabama did not disclose that he is married to a White House lawyer.

Brett Talley, who Trump nominated to the position in September, is married to Ann Donaldson, the chief of staff to the White House counsel. Talley did not include this information on a Senate questionnaire when asked about conflicts of interest, The New York Times reported.

Talley, who at 36 has only practiced law for three years, was approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee despite having never tried a case.

Talley was the fourth of Trump’s judicial nominees to be deemed unqualified by the American Bar Association. The Senate could vote on Talley’s nomination as early as Monday.

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 18 IRVlXSBaRJUuRzI-128x128-noPad
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:12 am

Don Jr this guy is so fucking dumb.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:48 am