Ted Falconi
21 posters

The Donald J. Trump Presidency

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 26 Empty Re: The Donald J. Trump Presidency

Post by Ned Braden Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:58 am

reuben wrote:Is Melania pregnant?

She is, and it's Vladimir's baby  affraid
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 26 Empty Re: The Donald J. Trump Presidency

Post by Ned Braden Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:00 am

Ugh, what a dumb post to start a new page with. This was the real shit:

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 26 Screen12
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:03 am

Ned Braden wrote:
    reuben wrote:Is Melania pregnant?

She is, and it's Vladimir's baby  affraid
    imlikewhoa
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 810
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:13 pm

They'll find a way to blame Hillary.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:45 pm

Mueller, Mueller, he's our guy! If he can't do it, Democracy Dies (in darkness).
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:13 am

Very conflicted this morning about how attractive I find Hope Hicks
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:16 pm

super glad I don't have that problem

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-02/trump-swaps-his-beloved-burgers-for-salads-and-soups-in-new-diet

why do the media buy into the lie that Trump was only 239 pounds?
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1142

Post by undo Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:21 pm

I watched the Oscars and screamed into a pillow every time the feminist Twitter commercial was shown.

I can't even find it on Youtube now so I hope it turned into the PR nightmare it needed to be and forced them to take it down, which would mean that explaining my stupid feelings about it isn't really needed here or anywhere.

Complaining about it here because I don't know where else to do so.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:53 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/03/05/oscars-twitters-hereweare-tv-ad-draws-criticism/
    ?
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:12 pm

chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:04 pm

Abortion, gay marriage, murder weapon control, school curriculum: State's rights!!

Immigration, weed: respect the authority of the Federal government!!

Conservatives are absolute cunts and trash
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:29 am

Tariffs!
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:49 am

Dude. They Rpi'd Sexy Rexy and now the CIA runs the State Department.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:47 pm

This is not good, right?
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:59 pm

figure out the auto-replace here yourself: https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/14/us/california-teacher-fires-murder weapon/index.html

The student's father Fermin Gonzales said he understands that it was an accident but said that "somebody could have died."

"It's just so crazy, I can't believe it," he said.

Gonzales said Tuesday's incident changed his views about President Donald Trump's recent proposal to arm teachers.

"I was kinda leaning toward having armed people in school in case something happened. After today, I get why people say there should be no murder weapons in schools," Gonzales said.

"If there's an accident -- people could die. If it's just one, that's more than enough," he added.

people are so fucking stupid
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:31 pm

murder weapon.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:31 pm

^Yeah, gotcha.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:33 pm

undo wrote:This is not good, right?

Might be a lateral move? Tillerson was unquestionably terrible and ineffective, and Pompeo probably at least knows a thing or two about Korea. Nothing will ever stop Trump from being terrible though so whatever.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:12 pm

^ yeah, I mean... that’s sorta where I stand. Tillerson was garbage for the department, and his only saving grace seems to have been that he didn’t see eye to eye with 45. I think it was... this? article talked about how Pompeo, as a career bureaucrat might have an advantage when it comes to manipulating/slow-playing off Trump to maybe actually have a shot at fixing some things within State. Why on earth POTUS would shitcan SECSTATE during such a difficult time in foreign policy escapes me though. Oh wait, it doesn’t - it’s because he’s an oblivious asshat.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:54 pm

I am honestly dismayed at the amount of energy that seems to be spent online arguing with right wing trolls, ideologues, bad faith media personalities, and professional liars/obfuscaters. Maybe it's just the people I choose to follow on Twitter and the news I choose to consume, but I continue to maintain that "refuting" their ideas and "fact checking" absolute bullshit does more to spread misinformation that combat it. The best way to deal with these morons is to never speak about them, not boost their social media rankings by retweeting them and "slamming" them, and not clicking on their articles/videos.

I think the left needs to have a real "aha!" moment about how much the desire to "react" and "resist" online actually boosts the profile of these garbage people.
    tjenz
    tjenz
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 80

Post by tjenz Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:58 pm

It's completely draining to try to have a logical conversation with anyone who has bought into the Trump cult of personality.
    I'm just keeping quiet & saving my energy for the midterms.

Post by undo Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:25 pm

I don't see any use in trying to have a discussion with them, obviously you won't change their mind or even give them "something to think about" or whatever.

I do believe it is important to continue to shine a light on their lies, rhetoric and their narratives and how they're using social media to further their agenda and recruit vulnerable people and to continue to publicly shame and correct the media for letting themselves get played by them over and over again.

Obviously those are two very different things but I hear this kind of "ignore them and they'll go away" line a lot (sorry if I've simplified your post into something you never said, please call me out on this if I have) and it's sometimes unclear to me which of these approaches (or both) that people think we need to reconsider.

This stuff festered on the Internet for years before most people became aware of it--I mean, to the degree that the average person in this country actually does comprehend 4chan/Gamergate/Russian bots today, which they still don't--and they were building their ranks and recruiting people just fine without anyone shining a light on them.

That's my belief but I'd admit that it's really based on my lived experience of 2013-2016 more than any nuanced understanding of what's really happening online today. I had to unplug from 90% of it, it was killing me.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:31 pm

undo wrote:I don't see any use in trying to have a discussion with them, obviously you won't change their mind or even give them "something to think about" or whatever.

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 26 Fact_b10

Social media was a mistake.

You can't have a discussion with anyone, now you literally have to DESTROY them

This isn't even a remarkable screenshot, it's just the who people are now or who they try to be, whatever the difference is anymore I don't really know.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:53 pm

undo wrote:Obviously those are two very different things but I hear this kind of "ignore them and they'll go away" line a lot (sorry if I've simplified your post into something you never said, please call me out on this if I have) and it's sometimes unclear to me which of these approaches (or both) that people think we need to reconsider.

This stuff festered on the Internet for years before most people became aware of it--I mean, to the degree that the average person in this country actually does comprehend 4chan/Gamergate/Russian bots today, which they still don't--and they were building their ranks and recruiting people just fine without anyone shining a light on them.

That's my belief but I'd admit that it's really based on my lived experience of 2013-2016 more than any nuanced understanding of what's really happening online today. I had to unplug from 90% of it, it was killing me.

Right. All this stuff used to be relegated to 4Chan and other totally unpopular cesspools on the Internet. Now they get elevated to the top of Twitter, Facebook and YouTube algorithms because people comment "YOU'RE LYING!!" on Sarah Sander's Tweets or rage-watch conspiracy YouTube videos. Journalists embed Ben Shapiro's Tweets into articles and then he shows up in the TRENDING section. Engagement = promotion on these modern social media portals. Eyeballs and clicks of any kind will cause these conspiracy theories and fake news to be promoted into the faces of stupid people who will take them at face value.

I'm not saying that you need to ignore these people in real life, in your community. But online, attention is wholly toxic.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:03 pm

I think the truly maddening thing is that you're both right and you're both wrong and we're all doomed either way because people are terrible.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:19 am