tjenz
Ted Falconi
21 posters

The Donald J. Trump Presidency

chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 25 Empty Re: The Donald J. Trump Presidency

Post by chrondog Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:26 pm

Nick wrote:Kelly is a piece of shit. Just like anyone that is associated with this administration. They are all garbage and no offense to Ned, but even those with a military background that speak for Trump are shit bags.

i continue to maintain that a military background makes you less fit for public service. that military structure and authoritarian background is a hindrance not a help to your ability to work in government.

Kelly sucks hard.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 25 Empty Re: The Donald J. Trump Presidency

Post by Ned Braden Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:47 am

I wouldn’t say that a military background makes you that way. A military background spanning over four decades in which you reach the rank of four star general, sure. But painting every American who’s served with the “less fit” brush isn’t fair.

That said, disappointed that I gave that guy the benefit of the doubt early on. Sucks hard, indeed.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:09 pm

i don't think military service is a disqualifier from anything and people should be judged on their full qualifications. that being said, all other things equal, i think it is a net negative. i fully admit to being biased on this subject.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:15 pm

this is one of the most incredible things i've read in awhile:

Jennifer Willoughby - Rob Porter's second ex-wife wrote:'I want to be very clear when I say this,' Willoughby said. 'I don't want to be married to him. I would not recommend anyone to date him or marry him. But I definitely want him in the White House and the position he is in. I think his integrity and ability to do his job is impeccable. And the majority of the issues he suffers from are very personal and intimate.'  

list of things Jennifer Willoughby says Rob Porter did to her:

She told how Porter, 40, once dragged her wet and naked out of the shower and was verbally abusive, calling her a f***ing b***h' on their honeymoon.

In 2010, Jennifer Willoughby – Porter's second ex-wife – filed a protective order against him after he violated their separation agreement and refused to leave their apartment. According to a complaint filed with the police, he punched the glass on the door to their home, cutting his hand in the process.

The public speaker and writer claims that on December 22, 2010, Porter pulled her naked from the shower by the shoulders and yelled at her. She refused to join his family on a vacation after that.

I had a friend's daughter over to carve pumpkins for Halloween and he sulked and pouted and didn't join us. And of course after she left, he was angry – 'why would I have someone over, why would you help her [my friend] out when she could be doing this herself?' There was no rational explanation as to why that would make him angry at that particular moment.'

'Over the course of the years of our marriage, I can think of several times where I was collapsing on the ground in tears and saying, ''just leave me alone, just stop'' because the anger and the insults were too much."
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1144

Post by undo Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:26 pm

chrondog wrote:this is one of the most incredible things i've read in awhile:

Jennifer Willoughby - Rob Porter's second ex-wife wrote:'I want to be very clear when I say this,' Willoughby said. 'I don't want to be married to him. I would not recommend anyone to date him or marry him. But I definitely want him in the White House and the position he is in. I think his integrity and ability to do his job is impeccable. And the majority of the issues he suffers from are very personal and intimate.'  

(how) are they getting her to say that?
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:05 pm

Could just be guilt from him losing his job. You begin accepting all sorts of things when you are abused.

Of course, horrors of abuse aside, not being allowed a security clearance makes a person uniquely unqualified to hold this particular job. But uniquely unqualified to hold this particular job seems to be a prerequisite in the executive branch these days.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:10 pm

whoa https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/12/stephen-mader-west-virginia-police-officer-settles-lawsuit
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:34 pm

Holy shit, how have I not heard of this story.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:43 pm

I definitely remember that story.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:15 pm

undo wrote:I'd get arrested if I posted my true feelings itt

I'm morbidly curious to put this to the test.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:16 pm

i'm very curious about people like Hope Hicks and Sarah Huckabee Sanders who get credit for being "professional" while committing obstruction of justice on the regular: https://www.buzzfeed.com/annehelenpetersen/hope-hicks-pr?utm_term=.sdAEL7O4p#.elwloDre2

i hope they all end up in jail for what they're choosing to do in the name of "just doing their job", the world's lamest excuse

But then Hicks — working with Porter’s superior, White House chief of staff John Kelly — created a secondary scandal, as they labored to protect Porter. Ahead of publication, the Daily Mail contacted the White House with what’s known as a “no surprises” letter, listing the allegations they intended to publish and asking for comment. John Kelly “let it be known,” according to Vanity Fair, that “he wanted to defend Porter publicly.” The resulting statement, in which Kelly called Porter a “man of integrity,” was written by Hicks, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, and Kushner’s spokesperson Josh Raffel.

they're all such trash people

Trump looks at Hicks, much as he looks at Ivanka, and sees the kind of woman who would serve the classy, respected man he believes himself to be. In this way, Hicks provides the greatest PR service of all: She doesn’t just refashion his image for the public, she does so for the president himself. “To the public, she remains in the background,” Conway explained. “To the president, she is front and center.”

depraved and horrible on multiple levels
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:12 pm

I initially underestimated how big a deal this is last week. The protection of a woman-beating creep is horrific enough, but how in fucks name are there three dozen people who can't get a security clearance handling classified information?
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:16 am

to be frank, the President of the United States is, for all intents and purposes, above the law. journalists like to pretend that this is not the case, but it is. the President can fire anyone who has the power to investigate him. he is not required to testify anywhere. there's little way you can charge a President and make him go through the legal process because it would interfere with his constitutional duties.

the "high crimes & misdemeanors" required for impeachment is a red herring, because Congress doesn't have to prove any of the charges in impeachment proceedings. impeachment is a political process. you can be impeached or not for anything, it doesn't have to do with violating the law.

the 25th Amendment is another way to remove the President, by a majority vote of his own cabinet. that would require the people who were appointed by the President to turn on them and you can count the number of people in government with that moral courage on one hand.

the President doesn't have to follow the law and it was only the "norms" of American government that checked his power. that's why Constitutionalists on both sides, under W. Bush and Obama, were concerned about the expansion of executive authority under those two Presidents. ultimately, the rise in Presidential power can be directly tracked next to the weakening of Congress due to partisan gridlock.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/06/08/sitting-presidents-cant-be-prosecuted-probably/?utm_term=.ff6cfbe15015
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:56 am

Mostly true. He'd be in prison right now for leaking that Israeli intelligence to the russians for no apparent reason except he's the president.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:56 pm

get the feeling mueller is just 4-0 4-0 4-0, working his way around this dirty dirty floor.  how much 4-0 4-0 4-0 does he have left to do?
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:39 pm

Here's hoping Gates has something to sing about.

Duff... wrote: three dozen people who can't get a security clearance handling classified information?

*ahem* That's nearly eleven dozen. Jesus fucking Christ.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:11 am

Nixon was a much better dude than this dude. Unfortunately, our society's degraded to the point where, well... you know.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:26 am

chrondog wrote:the President doesn't have to follow the law and it was only the "norms" of American government that checked his power. that's why Constitutionalists on both sides, under W. Bush and Obama, were concerned about the expansion of executive authority under those two Presidents. ultimately, the rise in Presidential power can be directly tracked next to the weakening of Congress due to partisan gridlock
    Donald Trump should be the last American President. The office needs to be dissolved. I'm very, very serious about this.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:16 pm

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 25 Trump002
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:20 pm

undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:22 pm

Duff... wrote:I initially underestimated how big a deal this is last week.

This story is dead, Kelly and possibly even Porter were literally saved by the school shooting.

I'm probably half a week late in bothering to point this out.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Hey guys, remember the horrowshow of a tax bill that was passed?

Nobody else does
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:43 pm

Ҩ wrote:
    chrondog wrote:the President doesn't have to follow the law and it was only the "norms" of American government that checked his power. that's why Constitutionalists on both sides, under W. Bush and Obama, were concerned about the expansion of executive authority under those two Presidents. ultimately, the rise in Presidential power can be directly tracked next to the weakening of Congress due to partisan gridlock
    Donald Trump should be the last American President. The office needs to be dissolved. I'm very, very serious about this.

I don't really think this would solve our problems, and anyway I 100% do not trust the people who would be in charge of writing a new constitution in this day and age.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:45 pm

Every time there's an uptick in Trump's approval rating I imagine a "moderate" thinking, "Well I mean, it was MONTHS ago he sympathized with nazis and klansmen."
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:12 pm

Is Melania pregnant?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:34 am