yancy
Gene Bootcut
22 posters

Clothes houndz.

chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Clothes houndz. - Page 24 Empty Re: Clothes houndz.

Post by chrondog Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:05 pm

zappo wrote:Clothes houndz. - Page 24 S-l640

https://www.ebay.com/i/232346462612?chn=ps

You're welcome.

SHIT
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:34 pm

i feel like we're going to see male crop tops in a big way in Spring/Summer 2018: https://www.buzzfeed.com/angelospagnolo/dudes-are-wearing-crop-tops-again-and-honestly-thats-dope?utm_term=.lpjqVQ2w3g#.lmB2EMym4V

Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 980

Post by Nick Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:55 pm

I feel like that is a horrible look.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:33 pm

Agreed. But what the fuck do I know.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:33 pm

Only Bill S Preston, Esquire should be allowed to do that.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:38 pm

chrondog wrote:i feel like we're going to see male crop tops in a big way in Spring/Summer 2018: https://www.buzzfeed.com/angelospagnolo/dudes-are-wearing-crop-tops-again-and-honestly-thats-dope?utm_term=.lpjqVQ2w3g#.lmB2EMym4V

Gay dudes in New York been pushing this look for some years. Gay dudes in West Village/Meatpacking are the real Anna Wintours lets be real.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:44 pm

crop tops are so sexy on women w/ impossibly narrow waistlines, especially if they have tits + arse

don't even think about wearing one if u have a dick!!
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 980

Post by Nick Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:11 am

I bought a pair of the Uniqlo skinny stretch jeans in black. Talk about getting what you pay for. I’ve never had a pair of pants be such a fuzz and dust collector.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:02 pm

i need to be talked out of buying these

https://kappa-usa.com/collections/kappa-star-collection/products/kappa-tricot-pants-red?variant=6806090580001
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:06 pm

chrondog wrote:i need to be talked out of buying these

https://kappa-usa.com/collections/kappa-star-collection/products/kappa-tricot-pants-red?variant=6806090580001

Don't know if this helps but if you wear these you will effectively be dressing like so many 18-24 year-olds in NYC Soho, from last summer. Why don't you buy some track pants without obnoxious branding that will render them stupid looking in a year or two?
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:09 pm

i'm very aware. the Jenner sisters both wore Kappa last year. my fashion inspiration is skewing very young these days and i'm cool with that. i saw some high school kid near my office wearing them a few weeks back.

the branding is the best part and Kappa is a old stalwart of the athletics game. the aesthetic will definitely be out soon, who knows how long before it comes back. Kappa was also big in football/Italian football in the 90s which is another cool factor.

the two-tone color with the bold side stripe has been catching my eye.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:51 pm

chrondog wrote:i'm very aware. the Jenner sisters both wore Kappa last year. my fashion inspiration is skewing very young these days and i'm cool with that. i saw some high school kid near my office wearing them a few weeks back.

the branding is the best part and Kappa is a old stalwart of the athletics game. the aesthetic will definitely be out soon, who knows how long before it comes back. Kappa was also big in football/Italian football in the 90s which is another cool factor.

the two-tone color with the bold side stripe has been catching my eye.

Yeah I'm familiar with Kappa, I just don't like any overt branding regardless of brand typically. I think you can totally have a youth-influenced look without looking like an older guy who wants to look like a kid and these pants, at least to me, are totally the latter.

Feel like its cool to give my negative opinion here since you did ask to talk you out of it. And to be fair, I'm eyeing a pair of jeans and a pair of boots both that won't age well aesthetic wise but I really want the fuckers.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:00 pm

yup, this thread is the place for throwing out ideas and seeing how they stick. that's how i feel about fashion anyway. for example, i appreciated your negativity on my Janoski slip-on Nike's a few months back. it's good to hear an alternate view. fashion is, after all, about what other people think of what you're wearing. that being said, i fucking love those Janoski's now.

i oscillate pretty wildly on overt branding. i have shied away from overt branding (except for a couple brands) for years and years, but it's put me in a place where i have a ton of very utilitarian pieces in similar neutral colors. i'm seeking out more adventurous colorways and branded products these days. for example, i like a lot of the branded industrial-style belts i see recently: https://www.highsnobiety.com/2017/08/23/off-white-industrial-belt-video/

i'm not going to get Off-White because it's overpriced hypebeast stuff, but similar stuff is on my radar.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:06 pm

OOTD:
    Shirt - Puma Grey Lifestyle Thermal
    Pants - Lululemon Navy ABC pants (were $12 secondhand)
    Socks - Darn Tough Olive 1/4 Crew
    Shoes - Blundstone 500 Classic Brown
    Jacket - All Good High Camp Multi (https://allgxxd.com/collections/latest/products/high-camp-multi?variant=2112075759640)

ha
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:15 pm

chrondog wrote:yup, this thread is the place for throwing out ideas and seeing how they stick. that's how i feel about fashion anyway. for example, i appreciated your negativity on my Janoski slip-on Nike's a few months back. it's good to hear an alternate view. fashion is, after all, about what other people think of what you're wearing. that being said, i fucking love those Janoski's now.

i oscillate pretty wildly on overt branding. i have shied away from overt branding (except for a couple brands) for years and years, but it's put me in a place where i have a ton of very utilitarian pieces in similar neutral colors. i'm seeking out more adventurous colorways and branded products these days. for example, i like a lot of the branded industrial-style belts i see recently: https://www.highsnobiety.com/2017/08/23/off-white-industrial-belt-video/

i'm not going to get Off-White because it's overpriced hypebeast stuff, but similar stuff is on my radar.

That all makes sense, and I'm not sure why I'm so so averse to visible branding of any kind, but I am. Its the reason I typically wont buy Vans or Levi's or Adidas for example, simply because I don't like people to know what brand I'm wearing. But it does lead to me shelling out more money on clothes than I might otherwise like to because I don't like cheap fast-fashion and so many of the brands in that sweet middle are either very brand-heavy "hypebeast" stuff, priced much higher than their quality warrants, or are really utilitarian neutral colored pieces which I too already have enough of.

I say if you like the trousers you should buy em then, basically.

C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:17 pm

OOTD:

Shirt - Jil Sander Viscose Short Sleeve Button Down
    Sweater - Acne Pilled Cashmere Oversized Black
    Pants - Acne Stay Black Cash
    Shoes - Saint Laurent Wrinkled Jodhpur Boot
    Socks - Uniqlo

Its kinda chilly today
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:59 pm

C-poots wrote:I say if you like the trousers you should buy em then, basically.

this is always the truth
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:00 pm

C-poots wrote:That all makes sense, and I'm not sure why I'm so so averse to visible branding of any kind, but I am. Its the reason I typically wont buy Vans or Levi's or Adidas for example, simply because I don't like people to know what brand I'm wearing. But it does lead to me shelling out more money on clothes than I might otherwise like to because I don't like cheap fast-fashion and so many of the brands in that sweet middle are either very brand-heavy "hypebeast" stuff, priced much higher than their quality warrants, or are really utilitarian neutral colored pieces which I too already have enough of.

this is why i used to wear a lot of American Apparel as a youth

C-poots wrote:OOTD:

Shirt - Jil Sander Viscose Short Sleeve Button Down
    Sweater - Acne Pilled Cashmere Oversized Black
    Pants - Acne Stay Black Cash
    Shoes - Saint Laurent Wrinkled Jodhpur Boot
    Socks - Uniqlo

Its kinda chilly today

you're a fashionable motherfucker C-Poots. i like that look, though i couldn't wear it often enough to invest in those high-quality pieces you're wearing. my equivalent is black Levi's with an American Apparel $15 sweater that is pilly as hell.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:41 pm

One of the benefits of being an unreasonably skinny motherfucker is I can usually find my size of pants/jeans on sale long after peak sale season.

Currently purchasing a pair of A.P.C Standard cut stone wash blue in size 28 for under $120
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:45 pm

These things?

Clothes houndz. - Page 24 22-12-2016_apc_petitstandardjean_stonewashindigo_cozzp-m09002_sp_m3_2_

I'd wear those. Definitely need some new jeans now that my surprisingly flattering de-branded Cheap Mondays have completely ripped at the back.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:02 pm

Clothes houndz. - Page 24 26-10-2017_apc_standardjean_washedindigo_cocfv-h09080-ial_hh_m3

I think the pair you posted are the New Standard which have a more narrow fit. The pair I'm looking at have no taper and a slightly more faded wash.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:14 pm

chrondog wrote:Branding

Clothes houndz. - Page 24 OzMHH2YpJ6zFeN5P--9kBtBLCequnoGJ0LYAIpVB9nM
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:42 pm

C-poots wrote:Honestly man I would love to be a watch guy but any watch I've ever really liked was a few thousand and I'm not willing to shell that out, at least at this point, for what is essentially jewelry. Would be interested to see what you pick up though.
    http://www.gagamilano.com/en/product/221836-manuale-48-special-edition-inter
    imlikewhoa
    If it was like €500 less I would legitimately be considering that. It's probably for the best that I don't waste the very little I have in savings on something that fucking dumb, but fuck do I want that.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:37 pm

the normcore collab market is too damn hot right now

https://www.openingceremony.com/mens/columbia-x-opening-ceremony/columbia-x-oc-reversible-fleece-jacket-ST203546.html

that outfit in the image preview is total summer inspiration

with my recent body changes a lot of my clothes aren't fitting well anymore and i'd like to get a bunch of tighter stuff, but i should hold off until i really settle into a size. but $200 reversible windbreakers with a pink fleece inside make it difficult D:

no doubt this colorway and obnoxious branding is off putting for everyone else here. OC has a ton of nice stuff that is insanely overpriced (like everywhere).
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:00 pm

Man I've been avoiding looking at clothes while I try to train myself to invest again, but its tough especially now that I work at a clothing brand.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 2:20 am