reuben
undo
27 posters

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1145

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 7 Empty Re: itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Post by undo Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:16 pm

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_25233358/trail-life-courts-those-who-oppose-boy-scouts

you can't make this shit up i tell you
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 876

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 7 Empty Re: itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Post by zappo Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:11 pm

disgustedatrightwing I am having an irrationally rage-filled response to that piece. Holy shit, fuck these fucking fucks.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 876

Post by zappo Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Ron Orr wrote:As Christians from a scriptural basis, we love all folks, but the Scripture is very clear that being homosexual is a sin.

I find it hard to believe that people who lie and do work on Sundays are going to be banned from Trail Life.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:07 pm

I was walking past some moving religious processional on Fullerton that was giving out ashes. It was stupid so I grabbed my crotch and stuck my tongue out at them. They reacted really hilariously.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:09 pm

I don't even get it. What is more homoerotic than a Boy Scouts retreat?
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

Post by yancy Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:39 pm

zappo wrote:disgustedatrightwing I am having an irrationally rage-filled response to that piece.  Holy shit, fuck these fucking fucks.
    Actually I much prefer the zealots segregate themselves to the margins rather than continue trying to force their beliefs onto the mainstream scouting organizations.

Granted, I didn't read the entire article. Could be some enraging shit in there, but I try not to spend much time on those people.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Baller Ass Taco

Pizzas : 231

Post by techno raj Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:27 pm

wp64 wrote:I was walking past some moving religious processional on Fullerton that was giving out ashes. It was stupid so I grabbed my crotch and stuck my tongue out at them. They reacted really hilariously.

Not sure what to make of this. Maybe it's a misplaced confessional post that was meant for a left-wing savage thread.

wp64 wrote:I don't even get it. What is more homoerotic than a Boy Scouts retreat?

What could be erotic (in any sense) about a bunch of 10-year-olds hanging out?

yancy wrote:
    zappo wrote:disgustedatrightwing I am having an irrationally rage-filled response to that piece.  Holy shit, fuck these fucking fucks.
    Actually I much prefer the zealots segregate themselves to the margins rather than continue trying to force their beliefs onto the mainstream scouting organizations.

Practically speaking I think this may unfortunately be true. I'd love to see mainstream scouts and scoutmasters slowly win these people over by showing them that gay scouts are just regular kids too, but if they wall themselves off on the wrong side of history, it may be the fastest way to kill off homophobic beliefs.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:04 am

I mean, the obvious answer is, "Some people are bigots," but man, choosing to abandon a generations old tradition to protest some half-hearted PR move that was already at least half a decade too late.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1145

Post by undo Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:32 pm

http://spectator.org/articles/56909/propaganda-not-%E2%80%98reality-or-%E2%80%98truth
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:58 pm

Hoo boy.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:02 am

i thought that was going to be a lot worse

as is, that guy is half right, half misguided and all silly dickhole
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:06 am

We are at a point where "C'mon guys, slavery wasn't that bad" isn't a particularly impressive blip on the savagery scale, I suppose, yeah.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:28 am

well, that's actually why i didn't think it was that bad. he didn't actually try and make the point that slavery wasn't that bad. he just backed towards that idea by saying "why not complicate the history with some of the less bad parts of slavery?!" it's a pretty flippant PoV to have, but he didn't take it as far as he could have. plus he went out of his way to praise Ejiofor and almost made a decent distinction between the truth and a truth, which is actually a great point to make!

i think what's actually savagery is me earnestly engaging with the ideas in the articles posted in this thread.
    Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Post by Bruegel Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:14 am

fixation on the exceptional is a far more salient characteristic of propaganda than exaggeration of the commonplace

WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:21 am

Salience and the Fascism of Banality: Notes Towards an Investigation
    Bruegel
    Bruegel

Post by Bruegel Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:23 am

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 7 Article-0-190776C6000005DC-986_634x592

Jesus, McQueen! How do you expect to oversee the transformation of the worldview of an entire society if you distract them with all this light and shade/moral ambiguity nonsense? You're trying to deprive them of independent thought, for Christ's sake!
    Bruegel
    Bruegel

Post by Bruegel Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:26 am

that image is linked from the Daily Mail. surprise surprise.

just realised I'm never going to be able to read the John Wayne thread again. did anybody preserve it in any form?
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Baller Ass Taco

Post by techno raj Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:07 pm

A good number of the images are gone but the thread is still on the old board... what's the best way to preserve it?
    Bruegel
    Bruegel

Post by Bruegel Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:29 pm

i couldn't even find the old board when I looked earlier eh 
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Baller Ass Taco

Post by techno raj Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:38 pm

need to use the teensboards extension... those who were banned in the final days may not be able to see it

lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com/t3383-john-wayne-listening-to-vampire-weekend
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:17 am

Bruegel wrote:i couldn't even find the old board when I looked earlier eh 

http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com/

UN: Monpoontanga
    PW: ABC@123
    Bruegel
    Bruegel

Post by Bruegel Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:31 am

Cheers Ted.

I actually managed to sign back in as Bruegel. He must have unbanned me. Weird.

It pretty spooky, wiping off the dusty annals in the abandoned library of Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:45 pm

http://nypost.com/2014/03/22/the-hipster-war-on-you-how-liberals-use-cool-as-a-weapon/

here's a teaser to whet your appetite

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 7 Iconso10
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:49 pm

Hilarious. Is Gutfeld still big upping the Butthole Surfers on his show?
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:53 pm

let's all build our own "icons of cool" Mount Rushmore

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:49 am