reuben
undo
27 posters

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 8 Empty Re: itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Post by Ted Falconi Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:26 pm

Is "Jesse James" the gunfighter or the motorcycle guy? And what did he do to piss off Gutfeld?

I assume Yoko's offense was leading the well-known conservative John Lennon astray.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 8 Empty Re: itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Post by Ted Falconi Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:27 pm

jasperness wrote:let's all build our own "icons of cool" Mount Rushmore

Robert Crumb, Carrie Brownstein, Abraham Lincoln, Neil DeGrasse Tyson
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:29 am

Greg Gutfeld is the worst. I still can't believe that he reviewed records by Andy Stott and Thee Oh Sees.

I'm always confused by people who seem to dig, or at least have the capacity to dig, really cool shit. But are still massive assholes who spend their time on cable news shows railing on literally everything in existence. The comparison between "The Daily Show" and "The Five" is fucking awesome. Because you know, just making fun of Chelsea Manning because of a sex change is just as funny as breaking down the shitty arguments of the right through a simultaneously intelligent and comedic lens. It's the same thing man. The dude wants to have a pussy, lol, right!
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:46 am

Only know of this guy because Andrew W.K made funny faces on his show but based on that article his book sounds pretty dumb and his opinions bad.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:45 am

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.
    Continue reading the main story

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:23 pm

he's gonna have a lot more reporters showing up to his next "daily press conference", that's for sure.

i also love the rush to get soundbites from all political figures who previously may have backed his views on other subjects
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:56 pm

Shocking news.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1145

Post by undo Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:57 am

http://flatlinegov.wordpress.com/2014/04/27/nba-blackout/

so many brave heroes on the Internet this week
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Sat May 03, 2014 2:08 pm

christ, what a bunch of assholes

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 8 Bmt_KzlCcAEOjr9
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

Post by yancy Mon May 05, 2014 2:45 pm

Wow is that real?
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Mon May 05, 2014 2:59 pm

unfortunately (or fortunately? i'm not sure which to be hoping for in this case), seem it is not something that aired
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed May 14, 2014 12:39 pm

Do you think that people like Rush Limbaugh really matter? Does he really change people's minds or sway public opinion?

Or is he just preaching to a choir of likeminded prejudiced people?

If it's the latter, does his message give an air of legitimacy to the worldview of his listeners (if only in their own minds, which I believe can be really important to people)? Does he unify (and thereby empower) people on the fringe of our culture and effectively hold back the kind of cultural change that we're all expecting with the impending passing of the baby boomers?

Or, if he'd never existed, would life in the US be pretty much the same as it is today?
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Baller Ass Taco

Pizzas : 231

Post by techno raj Wed May 14, 2014 2:11 pm

yes, kind of (rather than change, maybe focuses the pre-existing sentiment on particular issues like Benghazi or IRS/tea party), yes, yes, probably not (cultural change is gradual and difficult to say whether he could slow it at all), probably (someone else would have filled his role)
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat May 31, 2014 5:03 am

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/05/guns-open-carry-texas-harassment-marine-veteran

this will either be a big news story or the only time you'll ever read about it, I don't know which
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

Post by yancy Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:22 am

I'm going with only time.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Post by Ted Falconi Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:56 am

Gestures of sympathy, like a trip to the border by Glenn Beck, the conservative radio and television personality who has raised more than $2 million to buy teddy bears, shoes and food for migrant children, were met with scorn and derision. Some anti-immigrant activists responded to news that the government was buying new clothing for the detainees by organizing a campaign to mail them dirty underwear.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:23 pm

x-post News Stories That Make You Wanna Give Up On Life.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:32 am

http://www.charismanews.com/us/44861-abortion-costs-us-over-16-trillion-in-federal-revenue

my sides
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:24 pm

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2014/08/ask_andrew_wk_right_wing_dad.php

technically, this is probably not the right thread for this, or maybe it is
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:35 am

http://uproxx.com/webculture/2014/08/right-on-cue-rush-limbaugh-said-something-impossibly-stupid-about-robin-williams-committing-suicide/

disgustedatrightwing iwantsomeofthat 
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:54 pm

what the fuck is this

http://online.wsj.com/news/interactive/WEALTH0105?ref=SB10001424127887323689604578220132665726040
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:28 pm

Those pictures just prove that money doesn't buy happiness.
    ? Ospink
    ? Ospink
    Funky Monk

Pizzas : 85
    DispositionHappy and handsome

Post by ? Ospink Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:14 pm

I've recently gotten into the habit of listening to Michael Savage on my daily home commute, as the Hip Hop stations have gotten a bit stale as of late. He's shockingly racist and, I think, genuinely unstable. Listening, for me, feels like eavesdropping. It's hard to fathom that there are obviously millions out there that hang on his every word. And vote.

mang
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:07 pm

undo wrote:what the fuck is this

http://online.wsj.com/news/interactive/WEALTH0105?ref=SB10001424127887323689604578220132665726040

I mean, that's pretty much everyone, right?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:13 am

Kind of want to stay off the Internet for a few days but unfortunately I can't really skip Thanksgiving dinner.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:13 pm