undo
27 posters

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 9 Empty Re: itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Post by WP64 Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:45 am

I really didn't understand how large of an issue everything happening in Ferguson was until Thanksgiving dinner. I'm pretty desensitized at this point to the generic savagery on display at the typical Thanksgiving dinner but this year was especially radical. I kept my mouth shut until I finally blurted out that it felt like this discourse was taking place in 1852 (not my wittiest of remarks but whatever).

Immediately I had a bunch of people jumping all over me and rather than risk the unneeded blood pressure increase I just exited the room and parked my ass on the couch for a few hours to watch some football. If I stuck around I would have inevitably been forced to respect the opinion of these degenerate assholes who have spent their whole lives within a 10-mile radius of Downers Grove. Overall, I just think it is really stupid that people are allowed to even have opinions. I'm not interested in giving my extended family members a lecture. I really was just disappointed that some authority figure in the room wouldn't just tell everyone that this was not appropriate language to be using.

I'm not one that really privileges political correctness and the resulting sanitization of language it produces but that is usually because I am around people who I at least think have good intentions and are smart enough to know when, with who, and most importantly how to tip-toe the unspoken fine line.

None of this is going to be revelatory or exciting to anyone here and this post could be 1/10th of the length that is but I just sort of needed to rant about this at some point.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1145

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 9 Empty Re: itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Post by undo Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:07 pm

I was ready for that to happen but the uncle who would usually start that shit was home sick, which I was very thankful for.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:10 pm

Walking through the halls at school yesterday I heard one kid saying that the black panthers are just as bad as the KKK.

It is very difficult for me to get something like that out of my head as they day goes on.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 980

Post by Nick Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:24 pm

I feel like the Right has used these tragedies to strengthen their base and ooze nothing short of racism and hatred. While the Left is so fucking stunned that they have to co-exist with these people they have given up.

I am worried about Progressives in this country because I think they'll be pushed to corners of the internet where their rational viewpoints are ignored.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:01 pm

God dammit Ditka. Stop spoiling my childhood memories with savagery.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:16 pm

it's worthwhile to remember the likelihood that Ditka actually has brain damage is pretty high.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 980

Post by Nick Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Remember when Ditka traded away the New Orleans Saints' future so he could draft Ricky Williams? Goddamn Ditka is lucky he won that SB in Chicago because any other city would have realized what an overrated joke he was and disowned him by now.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:35 pm

ClosetOfExhaustion wrote:it's worthwhile to remember the likelihood that Ditka actually has brain damage is pretty high.

LOL. You know? This does it for me. I don't care about Iron Mike's insane opinions anymore, anymore than I cared about Jordan being a bully at his HOF induction. I will continue to look at the man as a great SNL caricature, old guy/Chicago fashion icon in the realm of sweaters and facial hair, and the guy who was the coach of a really phenomenal team one time with Walter Payton on it.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:16 pm

Was he even a good coach at all? I mean, he coached the greatest team of the 1980s, greatest defense of all time, greatest running back of all time, and somehow they only played in one Super Bowl.

He's a Chicago icon but so are the Blues Brothers, think about that for a while.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:50 pm

The Blues Brothers are fine.

Jim Belushi on the other hand...
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:26 pm

Ned Braden wrote:
    ClosetOfExhaustion wrote:it's worthwhile to remember the likelihood that Ditka actually has brain damage is pretty high.

LOL. You know? This does it for me. I don't care about Iron Mike's insane opinions anymore, anymore than I cared about Jordan being a bully at his HOF induction. I will continue to look at the man as a great SNL caricature, old guy/Chicago fashion icon in the realm of sweaters and facial hair, and the guy who was the coach of a really phenomenal team one time with Walter Payton on it.
    Still think it is as simple as...
    Ҩ wrote:Overall, I just think it is really stupid that people are allowed to even have opinions.
    grapes
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:52 pm

I've got to admit, I'm pretty amused that they had the balls to try the "Eric Garner was killed by taxes" thing.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:16 am

Just shut your jiggly mouth, McConnell.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:29 pm

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/unmasking-Ferguson-witness-40-496236
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:30 pm

2008-2013: Oil prices are out of control and it's ruining the economy. It's Obama's fault!

2014: Oil prices are so low, it's putting the economy in danger! It's Obama's fault!
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:09 pm

This headline is just priceless. Really don't feel like reading any of the words in the article though:

Kid Rock Fires Off on Obama, Gays & Guns: Liberals ENRAGED!!
    disgustedatrightwing Yer makin me MAAD
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 876

Post by zappo Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:13 pm

lol

I'm still ride or die for Devil Without a Cause, though. bumpin
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:31 am

this Kirby Delauter editorial is pretty solid
    http://www.fredericknewspost.com/news/politics_and_government/kirby-delauter-kirby-delauter-kirby-delauter/article_da85d6f4-fa3c-524f-bbf6-8e5ddc0d1c0a.html
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:25 pm

Can't decide who's the bigger asshole: Boehner or Netanyahu.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Post by Ted Falconi Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:59 pm

Yeah, tough call.

Not sure I'd put him in the 'savage' category, but I'm interested to see how this Bill O'Reilly thing plays out.  I figure it'll either be nothing, because nobody really cares that he apparently can't even refer in passing to some historical event without inserting himself as a front and center eyewitness, or he'll die of a brain aneurysm because he's going ballistic over the shit Media Matters and David Corn giving him for it.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Post by Ted Falconi Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:06 pm

But then there's this person
    “I would like to think that these guys could pay with their lives, hanging from a noose in front of the U.S. Capitol Building,” she said. “What they are doing is they are putting their own interests above that of America, and to me that is criminal.”

King specifically suggested hanging members of the Congressional Black Caucus, saying “their districts are all dumb clucks because these dumb clucks wouldn’t be electing these people if they knew better.”

“How do people like this get to represent us in Congress?” she asked. “Because there are stupid people out there in those congressional districts who are so ignorant it’s dangerous…. Stupid, stupid people. Our lives are on the line and all they can think of is skin color. All of us will turn black if we end up in a cage on fire.”

Doesn't really matter what she's talking about, but it happens to be failure to genuflect before a certain leader of a certain foreign country.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:05 am

Ned Braden wrote:Really don't feel like reading any of the words in the article though:
    Great instincts wrt kid rock articles... which I completely ignored by reading his RS interview while bored at work today.
    I know this isn't the sort of thing I should be reading or paying attention to, let alone dwelling on, but the fact that this guy can get an article in a presumably still widely read music mag and not be portrayed as an irredeemable piece of shit is just... ugh fucking gross.
    To summarize, this was how he dismissed Beyoncé: "she's not a skinny white chick with big tits so I'm not really down." And "I'd respect her as an artist, but her songs don't sound like sweet home Alabama." It sort of sounded worse in the article though.
    Jesus what a fucking asshole this guy is. A large portion of the article was dedicated to describing him shoot pigs. Cause whatever man.

What am I even doing reading these things?
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:11 am

But I guess he's still a standup guy for only charging half price for racists to attend his shows or whatever.
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 181

Post by Paves Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:23 am

Well, you know...he is the bullgod.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:30 am

Ted Falconi wrote:But then there's this person
    “I would like to think that these guys could pay with their lives, hanging from a noose in front of the U.S. Capitol Building,” she said. “What they are doing is they are putting their own interests above that of America, and to me that is criminal.”

King specifically suggested hanging members of the Congressional Black Caucus, saying “their districts are all dumb clucks because these dumb clucks wouldn’t be electing these people if they knew better.”

“How do people like this get to represent us in Congress?” she asked. “Because there are stupid people out there in those congressional districts who are so ignorant it’s dangerous…. Stupid, stupid people. Our lives are on the line and all they can think of is skin color. All of us will turn black if we end up in a cage on fire.”

Doesn't really matter what she's talking about, but it happens to be failure to genuflect before a certain leader of a certain foreign country.

Jesus fucking christ, who said this and have they resigned yet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:42 am