reuben
undo
27 posters

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Fedex Pope
    Fedex Pope
    JDF

Pizzas : 5

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 11 Empty Re: itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Post by Fedex Pope Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:16 pm

Nick wrote:Making fun of one's musical preferences isn't exceptional. It shows your failure to be secure and comfortable with yourself.
    mang

Pozzed
    quip
    quip
    Jasper's Yurt of Enlightened Conversation

Pizzas : 74

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 11 Empty Re: itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Post by quip Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:46 am

What just happened here?

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1145

Post by undo Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:13 pm

techno raj
    techno raj
    Baller Ass Taco

Pizzas : 231

Post by techno raj Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:50 pm

Enjoy your right-wing savagery while you can you guys because Andrew WK is gonna solve it. From the inside.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/andrew-w-k-gets-his-own-show-on-glenn-becks-radio-network/

Andrew WK + TheBlaze is the Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum-baitiest thing I have seen in a long time.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:15 pm

god bless the usa
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:22 am

Tony Scalia wrote:
    “The nature of marriage is that, through its enduring bond, two persons together can find other freedoms, such as expression, intimacy, and spiritu- ality.”23 (Really? Who ever thought that intimacy and spirituality [whatever that means] were freedoms? And if intimacy is, one would think Freedom of Intimacy is abridged rather than expanded by marriage. Ask the nearest hippie. Expression, sure enough, is a freedom, but anyone in a long-lasting marriage will attest that that happy state constricts, rather than expands, what one can prudently say.) 
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:23 am

wives, amirite
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Baller Ass Taco

Post by techno raj Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:23 am

Yeah I think Roberts was like "OK guys remember let's stick to the strict Lochner theme and not get off base here" and Thomas and Scalia were like "nope! Creative writing time!"
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:59 am

Roberts was like "guys we're going to be remembered in history as 'The Roberts Court' so please don't embarrass me," and Scalia and Thomas were just like

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 11 Deal_with_it_dog_gif
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:32 pm

Some dude just walked in here wearing a t-shirt with this guy's name on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Brady_(politician)
    tjenz
    tjenz
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 80

Post by tjenz Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:58 am

I'm enjoying the fact that the "party of Lincoln" is defending the confederate flag, with zero traces of irony.

Post by undo Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:07 pm

http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/23/whats-behind-the-cuckservative-slur-nsfw/

Learning a lot about people I follow on Twitter these days. Sad
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:31 pm

"Cuck" as in cuckold?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:31 pm

I'm pretty sure that the Pope's handlers flew Kim Davis out to meet him without letting him know in advance. They probably pulled him into a room just before leaving the country, maybe tricking him into thinking he was meeting sick children or homeless people. Then they were like, oh here's this woman, you've probably never heard of her but she's really being persecuted! And like he's going to put his ass on the line and lecture her when he knows it's a trap? I don't know the guy but he's not that dumb c'mon. So naturally, he's gotta stay quiet about it when he knows he's been had, "the Vatican" gets to do the whole "well we definitely won't deny that any of that happened, heh!"-standard response and the Religious Liberty (defend it!) folks get to say whatever they want about how it went down and no one who knows better is going to stop them. Trust me I just know this is how it happened.

sent from my iPod Touch (2010 edition)
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Baller Ass Taco

Post by techno raj Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:08 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/09/30/why-no-one-should-be-surprised-that-pope-francis-met-with-kim-davis/
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:43 pm

He spent some time with prisoners too iirc.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 980

Post by Nick Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:26 am

This pig really isn't going to go way as quickly as I had hoped.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:53 am

raj gibson wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/09/30/why-no-one-should-be-surprised-that-pope-francis-met-with-kim-davis/

There's a bit of playing dumb in this article.

Obviously as head of the catholic church, Francis isn't down with same sex marriage, but this meeting is surprising, not just because Davis is a remarkably weak figure to head any movement, but because of what a ridiculous media circus he's waded into as a result.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:45 am

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 11 CQpyoKRWUAAeaMH
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:59 am

I get that the internet allows the free flow of information (haha) and thus makes it easier for anyone with access to take the 10 minutes of research to find the huge fallacies behind shit propaganda like this, and I'm pretty happy about that.

But I also hate the internet because I have to see bullshit like this. And I know that there are people who will read this, believe it, "share" it, and propagate it, all the while thinking they are being progressive or making a statement.

I don't know, I feel like it's like a small glimpse into the amazing idiocy people are capable of.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Baller Ass Taco

Post by techno raj Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:31 am

C-poots wrote:But I also hate the internet because I have to see bullshit like this. And I know that there are people who will read this, believe it, "share" it, and propagate it, all the while thinking they are being progressive or making a statement.

Well anyone who is going to "believe it" had their mind made up anyway - this sort of thing is just affirmation/tribal signaling. Same as it ever was, the Internet just widely broadcasts ignorance that 20 years ago wouldn't have gone further than the local gun store cork board.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:46 am

raj gibson wrote:
    C-poots wrote:But I also hate the internet because I have to see bullshit like this. And I know that there are people who will read this, believe it, "share" it, and propagate it, all the while thinking they are being progressive or making a statement.

Well anyone who is going to "believe it" had their mind made up anyway - this sort of thing is just affirmation/tribal signaling. Same as it ever was, the Internet just widely broadcasts ignorance that 20 years ago wouldn't have gone further than the local gun store cork board.

Yeah, this is the part that kills me. 20 years ago one would need to seek out gun enthusiasts to get their cork-board opinions. Today its difficult to avoid them and I don't necessarily think anyone who is going to believe it has made up their mind already. The majority yes, but there are plenty of (prob younger) people trying to make up their mind on these sorts of social decisions. Its propaganda and sometimes propaganda works, that's all.

Guess that's the general point, the internet has made propaganda seem so inconspicuous, and it kinda sucks in a way.

No real argument though, just venting.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Baller Ass Taco

Post by techno raj Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:35 pm

That's true. But I do think the Internet does more good than harm (even if it's close). If you're a kid growing up in a small American town in 1995 you might not ever get any information that contradicts what your family, teachers and peers tell you about an issue like gun violence. If you're a kid growing up in a small American town in 2015 you probably have at least the opportunity to easily seek other views - and to see propaganda like the mocked and debunked.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:49 am

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 11 Quote-for-the-average-person-all-problems-date-to-world-war-ii-for-the-more-informed-to-world-erik-von-kuehnelt-leddihn-80-47-64

Pulling out the I'm-a-historian card instantly invalidates the opinions of anyone else who doesn't have the arrogance to label themselves with the word.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:11 am

undo wrote: itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 11 CQpyoKRWUAAeaMH

They also didn't allow women to vote until 1971... think about it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:26 am