zappo
spiritofeden
34 posters

going through some shit right now

Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 980

going through some shit right now - Page 19 Empty Re: going through some shit right now

Post by Nick Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:24 pm

I'm probably headed down that same path of paranoia and file back up once I can afford a new machine.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

going through some shit right now - Page 19 Empty Re: going through some shit right now

Post by C-poots Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:54 am

Same thing happened to me and my Macbook. Lost Rosetta Stone in every language and all my Studio Ghibli films. It still hurts to this day.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:13 am

Pretty sure I've come down with a fever Sad
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:36 am

I am terrified more and more that I don't know what the future has in store
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:21 pm

you can write a ballad around that line
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:18 am

This number has been calling me all day (and multiple times yesterday but I just assumed it was a problem with my phone until I googled it just now). The person on the other end behaves exactly as tens of thousands of people on the internet have said he does, just breathing heavily and not saying anything. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't kind of creeped out.

http://www.unknownphone.com/search.php?num=0232323

Last edited by Soma on Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    monotony
    monotony
    Vanity-published Eco-horror Fiction Writer

Pizzas : 65

Post by monotony Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:27 am

My grandfather died today. He'd been unwell for a long time, and was finally put into a home on New Year's Day. He got fed up with his dialysis and decided to stop it last week, so him dying this week was an inevitability. I've been bracing myself for it so I think I'm...ok, under the circumstances, but seeing my mum and grandma get all emotional today kind of fucked me up.

I welcome any ideas as to how to process grief as I've been pretty fortunate to have avoided it most of my life.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:38 am

I'm sorry.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:30 am

Sorry to hear that. Lost my grandpa 3 years ago. He was a hero to me so it never goes away completely. But you're not supposed to easily forget people that meant a lot to you. All you can do is be thankful for what he taught you and take it a day at a time.
    Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Post by Bruegel Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:21 pm

Condolences mate.

I think its different for everybody but, from my experience of losing people, take time to think about the good times that you shared and how he positively contributed to who you are.

When I was younger I made the mistake of putting on a brave face and didn't really accept grief.

Nick is right - it hurts because you love them. Its difficult to appreciate it at you low moments but the pain and loss is affirmation that they truly mean something to you.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:09 pm

i don't know how to do it, but at some point the feelings have to pivot from "fuck he/she/they are gone" to "what a gdamned champ i was lucky to have in my life and i'm gonna celebrate that they existed at all". i guess mourn appropriately for a period and then induct that person in your hall of fame
    quip
    quip
    Jasper's Yurt of Enlightened Conversation

Pizzas : 74

Post by quip Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:01 pm

Really sorry to hear about your grandpa. My grandma died ten years ago and I still miss her but not in a grief-stricken way, more about smiling when I think about how insane she was.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 876

Post by zappo Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:37 am

Nick wrote:Sorry to hear that. Lost my grandpa 3 years ago. He was a hero to me so it never goes away completely. But you're not supposed to easily forget people that meant a lot to you. All you can do is be thankful for what he taught you and take it a day at a time.

This is a knowing post.

Five of my friends have lost parents, in the last three months. My great-aunt died, almost two weeks ago. This afternoon, my neighbor's cat/a good friend of mine, Snickers, died. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm trying to "prove" how much shit I'm going through, these days, because that's not it. And I know that this is immeasurably tougher for (more) immediate family members than me. But it still hurts. Even if it shouldn't be, it's hard for me to deal with so much of this. Almost makes me feel guilty. There's a good chance that I'm not really in an emotionally healthy place, these days.
    quip
    quip

Post by quip Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:48 pm

Major regrets on the "Even though I could afford a snowblower, I'm not going to buy one cuz shoveling snow is good exercise" line of thought I had about a month ago.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:18 pm

I've got an amazing snowblower sitting useless in my garage because I couldn't be bothered to service it this summer.
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Pizzas : 89

Post by vIv Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:53 pm

going through some shit right now - Page 19 Seahawks-tear
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 876

Post by zappo Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:16 pm

I haven't casually browsed the internet or watched television since the game, bro. I'm gonna need a few weeks.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:49 pm

A lot of Packer fans were celebrating the Seattle loss but from start of the Super Bowl to finish I felt as dead on the inside as when the NFC Championship game ended. I felt nothing, bros.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:19 am

Didn't watch the game but I think I had a similar feeling watching Downton Abbey when Lord Grantham gave Cora the silent treatment. I mean it wasn't even her fault, Robert.
    quip
    quip

Post by quip Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:59 pm

Just learned that Imagine Dragons is headlining some after conference party I'm being forced to attend in a couple weeks.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1145

Post by undo Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:18 am

anyone else ever accidentally taken yr meds twice in one day?

Maybe I've just heartburn or something but it feels like myheart us going to explode.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:50 am

Yeah, that sounds awful. Hope you're feeling better.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1145

Post by undo Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:23 am

I am, thank you Ned.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:20 am

phixed wrote:Just learned that Imagine Dragons is headlining some after conference party I'm being forced to attend in a couple weeks.

A girl I trained at work today - nice girl, can't judge her for this - just ended her relationship w/ the bassist from Imagine Dragons. They were high school sweethearts. I told her I couldn't stand their music; she feels the same way.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Baller Ass Taco

Pizzas : 231

Post by techno raj Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:55 pm

Relative of a friend is going through some shit right now with pretty typical child custody issue (ex has started refusing to let him see their three-year-old; they have always split time with her 50/50 in the past). He is looking into getting a lawyer. If anyone has any advice of things he should do that I can pass along it's appreciated.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:56 am