spiritofeden
34 posters

going through some shit right now

Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

going through some shit right now - Page 28 Empty Re: going through some shit right now

Post by Duff... Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:39 pm

Good to hear that. The world needs some good chooglers.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

going through some shit right now - Page 28 Empty Re: going through some shit right now

Post by chrondog Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:44 pm

They're selling independence,
    Actors in the White House,
    Acid indigestion,
    Mortgage on my life,
    Mortgage on my life.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:46 pm

reuben wrote:Goddamnit Ned we need you. America needs you.
    Seriously though. Stay well!
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:26 pm

Karmic universe maybe? But today was pretty damn good. Slogged through the morning, still feeling sorta shitty. But got outta classes early and found out I'd been accepted to a really cool advanced research program that I was gunning for. Then hung out with a couple buddies and crushed a burger and a couple beers. Then saw this lady speak. It was the sorta life affirming, yo buddy, stop having your head up your ass and be thankful for shit experience I needed.

victory
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 980

Post by Nick Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:52 am

Man the other night half of one of my upper back teeth broke off. I wasn't even chewing anything hard or gooey. The thing just falls off. I was actually eating Keto-friendly Swedish meatballs if you care that evening.

I go to the dentist yesterday and they take a mold of my tooth and slap some type of plaster on it as a temporary fix. I go up to the receptionist and she's like you owe $400. Oh sure, I just have that type of scratch in the cushion of my couch. Plus, I was like you haven't finished the job I'm not handing over $400 how can you just spring that on someone?

She's like what can you pay so I said you did half the job I'll pay you half. Plus you're playing country music this whole time. If I wasn't hearing the dentist drilling my face I heard this awful music. She's like well I enjoy country music.

tjenz
    tjenz
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 80

Post by tjenz Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:25 am

WTF? Modern country is the worst. I'd rather listen to Kidz Bop.
    You need to find a new dentist.

A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:54 pm

Why do people say that modern country sucks when the classics are just as bad
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 980

Post by Nick Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:46 pm

You know what? Fuck country music. The entire history of the genre can suck my dick. Towns Van Zandt? Kris Krisstopherson? Johnny Cash? All of that shit is boring as a motherfuck.

I've tried listening to all that. It's awful and has somehow degenerated into this bro country patriotism pandering gunk that every cunt in a MAGA hats shouts USA USA USA to in between songs at concerts.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:55 pm

Was at some kids restaurant in the burbs with my niece and nephew and they were playing this bullshit. Kept pressing buttons on the kids toys to drown out the sound.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:55 pm

Soma wrote:Why do people say that modern country sucks when the classics are just as bad

Pretty sure this was a Madrox thread at some point.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1145

Post by undo Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:58 pm

Driving home from southern Illinois, I found no less than a dozen country stations on the radio at once, maybe even 15.

I'd always assumed this was just a stereotype and there was no way a sparsely populated market could sustain more than 3 or 4 at once but no, it's all true.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:18 pm

Soma wrote:Why do people say that modern country sucks when the classics are just as bad

because modern country is now pop music with R&B influences and country fans are racists shits
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:54 pm

Do you go to Derrico, Nick?
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:41 pm

Duff... wrote:

Pretty sure this was a Madrox thread at some point.

Was hoping someone would catch the ref howyadoin
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:42 pm

You know what, Madrox? When you're right you're right
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:02 am

Seem to have strained my left knee. Can't really leave the house or walk on anything other than a flat surface without experiencing tremendous pain.Made a doctor's appointment but for now life sux
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:12 am

Fuck man, that is my nightmare. Feel better dude.
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post by jesus jones Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:00 pm

having a hard time continuing to want to live right now
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:17 pm

i've slowly isolated myself over the past few years. i don't make friends easily or hold on to new ones well. my lifestyle doesn't naturally bring me in to contact with interesting people that i like. at the same time, i'm thinking more long-term and am more at peace with who i am and my limitations than ever before. paradoxically, i think that may be leading me down a path to further acceptance of my nothing life that institutionalizes my loneliness.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:15 pm

jesus jones wrote:having a hard time continuing to want to live right now

imlikewhoa
    hope you're alright, man.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1145

Post by undo Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:43 pm

Take care of yourself JJ.

Are you still in NC?
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:03 am

Pulling for you JJ. Here’s to better tomorrows.
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post by jesus jones Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:40 am

i'm ok and definitely not going to off myself. my perception is pretty pitch-black at the moment but i have some good friends and a loving wife keeping me sane.

thanks for yalls concern. had to vent it out to take away a bit of its power.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 876

Post by zappo Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:24 pm

That's a good and healthy strategy. Stay strong.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:22 pm

chrondog wrote:i've slowly isolated myself over the past few years. i don't make friends easily or hold on to new ones well. my lifestyle doesn't naturally bring me in to contact with interesting people that i like. at the same time, i'm thinking more long-term and am more at peace with who i am and my limitations than ever before. paradoxically, i think that may be leading me down a path to further acceptance of my nothing life that institutionalizes my loneliness.
    I'm mostly feeling this post. There are a lot of circumstances outside of my control that have produced a very isolating post-college life for me, but I don't help myself either. Over the years I developed a lot of self-alienating tendencies that I'm only just now starting to overcome. I am definitely more at peace with myself, but I don't share your disappointment about not meeting 'interesting people.'

As a teenager I put a lot of time, but not very much thought, into constructing my social imaginary. In reality, that imaginary was almost entirely curated by music sites, cutesy indie movies, and partially by people on SOMB/LoPP because you are all older than me. For a few years in high school and college I had a really large friend group that I thought I shared a common set of experiences with. In retrospect, they were very shallow relationships that lacked any emotional maturity and revolved instead almost entirely around shared aesthetic sensibilities and shitty, toxic sarcasm. So much so that when one of my closest friends developed a serious drug problem, which eventually killed him, we were collectively unable to address it and I came to this message board for advice.

After he died I slowly stopped talking to the rest of my friends from that part of my life as well. It does make me sad that I wasn't able to maintain any of those friendships from the most formative years of my life, but literally every single one of those individuals is a toxic asshole that I can't deal with anymore.

Despite my current alienation, I'm the happiest I have maybe ever been in my life. I feel like I understand myself better than ever before, but more importantly I'm finally capable of just enjoying my experiences without constantly needing to re-inscribing and force my crafted identity onto things and situations. Maybe I'm getting closer to just letting things be, or maybe this is just me getting older, or maybe it's just social apathy, but it's fucking nice to finally get over yourself.

It would be nice if someday in the future I can reconnect with some of those people though. This is the first Sunday morning in a very long time that I have nothing to do so I am making a classic WP64 post where the thread gets completely lost halfway through and I end up just making a fucking diary entry. Sorry!  bounce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:00 am