spiritofeden
34 posters

going through some shit right now

BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 284
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

going through some shit right now - Page 30 Empty Re: going through some shit right now

Post by BGwaves Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:13 pm

PM me your current number dude! Mine has changed too.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

going through some shit right now - Page 30 Empty Re: going through some shit right now

Post by Ned Braden Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:07 am

I have one of those 160gb original ipods and I recently loaded it will all the choicest jams. It's missing now, and I think I might have lost it forever.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:09 pm

I went through some shit recently. My right ear produces an unusually large amount of wax. It's both disgusting and can become a huge problem because it gets forced behind my ear drum and causes all sorts of problems. A couple of years ago I was experiencing horrible spells of dizziness and vertigo that was exasperating my anxiety as a result of a nickle sized piece of hard wax sitting behind my ear drum.

I went to go get my ears flushed out again the other day because I'm trying to be proactive about this now. The doctor forced like a gallon of water into my right ear and then none of it fucking came out. Somehow a seal formed and I was left with a huge pool of water stuck behind my ear drum for about an hour. It was a very stressful experience. I keep getting woozy and nauseous on the drive home and got kind of panicky thinking about how long it might last. I've never been more relieved then when it finally popped.

Ears suck!
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:33 am

So I started a new job a couple of weeks ago. I've been enjoying myself so far and feel like I am decently suited for this role. It offers a lot more freedom than my last job and marginally better pay (but still really bad).

Unfortunately, I am undergoing this weird two week trial period and it was announced this morning that I didn't properly execute something in my writing sample. it wasn't a very big deal but now I only have one other chance to demonstrate that I can write all of this stuff according to their internal standards. It's not difficult there but it is really formulaic and there is a lot of shit to internalize.

Tl;dr: There is like a 25% that I get fired tomorrow. Wish me luck!
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1145

Post by undo Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:48 am

I believe in you.

You can't do this on a bad night's sleep so take care of that.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:18 pm

Thanks for the best wishes. It went well! So it will be at least another few weeks before they figure out just how dumb I really am. howyadoin
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1145

Post by undo Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:47 am

Amber Alert on my phone almost gave me a heart attack

I assumed it was an incoming missile warning, I'd never heard it make such a terrible noise
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:23 am

Yeah, I mean an alert is a commendable idea but perhaps something less air-raidy?
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:36 pm

you gotta turn that shit off in your notifications, brother
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:07 pm

But I kinda want the notification? Maybe there's a way to make it less screamy.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:18 pm

there is not

if you think that you will help find missing children just follow their Twitter page
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:30 pm

I appreciate your help in trying to find a solution but I don't thing there is one.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:20 pm

find a mobile Twitter app with account-specific push notifications!!
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:49 am

I think I have a serious drinking problem. Not that I ever feel truly compelled to drink but once I've had the first sip my brain can't process anything that runs contrary to the need to continue drinking until I fall asleep. I don't know how to sign off on this post but I'm wondering if it's something I should speak to a doctor about. Like, I don't think I have any real genetic predisposition to depression, just a habit of constantly going overboard with something that repeatedly makes me miserable the day after. Gonna try to take a month off from all substances and see how I feel by the end of it (I'm probably going to relapse in that time)
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 876

Post by zappo Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:56 pm

How would you feel about "relapsing," so to speak?
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:57 pm

Emotionally, I mean. I understand that you'd ultimately feel as though a pig had shat in your brain, physically speaking, but that's not what I was going for.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:01 pm

Kind of defeatist but probably wouldn't beat myself up too much about it

Also, yeah, like a pig had shat in my head
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:59 pm

Not a bad idea to talk to a doctor about it.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 284
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:50 am

One thing I’ve done over the last couple years is just have 2-3 cold ones in my fridge at any given time. I find that once I’ve finished the amount in the fridge I usually don’t feel compelled to wait for another one to get cold. If you’re in the state where you’ll drink shit warm just to keep a buzz then you most certainly need to slow down or talk to someone about it.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:04 pm

State and federal combined I owe over 2k on my taxes this year...
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Wed May 09, 2018 10:02 am

gonna have shoulder surgery in a couple months. gotta take part of another bone and affix it to the socket to keep my shoulder from dislocating any longer.
    more of a "been going through this shit for 8+ years, will be really shitty for much of july, will cease going through this shit when summer is over"

looking forward to swimming, climbing, xc skiing, playing basketball, general rough housing, and lifting my son up to sit on my shoulders
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Wed May 09, 2018 7:01 pm

Here's to the future!

going through some shit right now - Page 30 647736119
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:35 am

On Friday, I went to see Martin Rev and Wolf Eyes at the Empty Bottle. During the last song in the Wolf Eyes set, I started to feel a little bit off. Kind of hard to describe. I stepped out and into the front room to stretch my shit out, get away from the profoundly loud music, and maybe sit down for a minute. While I was sitting down, though, the room spun and I for some reason fainted. I'm a skinny motherfucker, but at like 6'3" and 180 pounds, it seems that my dead weight goes down hard.

I woke up covered in blood and with a hairy barman asking me what I took (nothing, as I've never even had a drink, let alone used any drugs--just not my scene). My head hurt more than I could ever begin to describe. I would not wish that degree of pain on even Montana or Donald Trump. It was literally dizzying. It hurt so much that it made it hard to blink. Some woman in her mid 20s was kneeling next to me, too. A recent Suicide fan, she later explained. It turned out that she'd just started nursing and felt compelled to help. None of my other fellow hipster scum would even admit to seeing how I fell and the doorman actively tried to throw me out (much to her fury), but she and that barman were solid people. I'm grateful for their help and will be calling the Bottle to thank that guy, this afternoon. She eventually gave me a three-block ride to that hospital next to Roberto Clemente. Thank Christ for the venue's readmission policy, I guess.

Anyway, I was discharged at about 4:30 on Saturday morning. My face is bruised and swollen in horrifying places and ways. I have seven stitches in my chin. My cheek looks like Bush Jr.'s after that pretzel tried to kill him. And it turns out that the magnificent head pain is coming from my jaw having shattered into several pieces. No concussion, though! lol Why'd I faint? If I went through my notes, I'm pretty sure that they just wrote, "¯\_(ツ)_/¯" and called it a night. "We have no idea," I was told. "You should probably follow up with somebody about this."

Since nobody is open on the weekends, I have to wait until tomorrow morning to try to schedule a consultation with a surgeon about reconstructive surgery. I've been told that I should anticipate waiting at least a week or two even to have that first appointment and then anticipate an at-minimum-months-long recovery. If anybody here can hook a brother up with some morphine, please hook this brother up with morphine. I am humbled by this pain. And I'm already tired of eating mashed potatoes and yogurt. But I finally fell asleep, late last night, after being up for 39 hours. I was able to get a solid four hours. I'm grateful for them. The pain, y'all. It's incredible.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:36 am

Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 980

Post by Nick Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:09 pm

Holy shit dude that is horrible. So, there are no willing witnesses coming forward about what happened? No video either?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:18 pm