Ned Braden
reuben
16 posters

Happy Fathers Day YSG Brothers

damo suzuki
    damo suzuki
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 61

Happy Fathers Day YSG Brothers - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Fathers Day YSG Brothers

Post by damo suzuki Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:03 pm

Michael K. wrote:But, fuck, being a parent is hard too. I find myself wishing I could return them more than I'm comfortable admitting. Is this just a part of fatherhood? Anyone else sympathize?
    I don't personally find it too hard but it does get tiring. I got a bunch of kids though. I think 3-5 is the most patience trying, then around 6-12 they are awesome again. But after 12, the girls are extremely difficult to reason with- and that is not so much trying your patience but you run out of shit to say other than No.

Normally you can walk away or get distance from people if you have been around each other for too long. Your kids are there 24/7 though.

You know what is great? Sending them away for a week or two at a time. It's awesome. Send them to camp, summer school programs, with their grandparents, etc. Time away is wonderful.

I told my 11-year-old once, "How can I miss you if you never leave?"

She laughed and said she missed me but also didn't after she spend a week with my mom in Texas. This was winning.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:05 am