reuben
24 posters

[solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

[solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop - Page 17 Empty Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

Post by Duff... Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:01 pm

Also apparently a much older song than I thought.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

[solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop - Page 17 Empty Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

Post by Duff... Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:42 pm

So I guess the pop kids discovered indie rock circa ten years ago? Like this sounds like a Jonas Brother walked in on Avi Buffalo in the studio and they let him take the verses.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:22 pm

https://www.wbez.org/stories/convoy-a-real-hit-from-a-fictional-country-star/36a986a1-215e-4db7-b468-37a40db33566

Imagine being older than 6 and thinking there's anything cool about "trucks"
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:43 pm

Like it or not, this 9 year-old song is the Millennial edition of "Paradise City."

Spoiler:
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:45 pm

YouTube says this song is 12 years old.

No excuse for this to be played in a public space.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:48 pm

At least the overhead music system at the Darien Jewel-Osco was breaking up and made it sound like every speaker on the ceiling was totally blown. Made all the Evangelical-flavored indie folk songs sound unexpectedly awesome.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:12 am

undo wrote:

YouTube says this song is 12 years old.

No excuse for this to be played in a public space.

This one's painful.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:56 pm

I am lucky if I get to hear this less than 5 times a week.

Video was released in late March 2020 2021 so surely it was filmed before things got real. Very hard to believe they wouldn't have done it any other way if they'd put it out any other time that year. so yeah well crap

Rice told to Radio.com he wrote the song with Cale Dodds, Hunter Phelps and Corey Crowder, and mentioned: “We wrote this song before the COVID-19 pandemic, which is crazy because it's almost like God was intervening in the song, said that, ‘Hey y’all, get ready. You're gonna have a lot of time to sit around a fire, drink some beer and hang out with me,’” “It's a special song in that way because it really is a celebration of what 2020 became for us and a lot of other people – slowing down to enjoy these moments with our loved ones and having deeper, more meaningful conversations with each other.”[3][4]

The music video was released on March 28, 2021, directed by TK McKamy. It was filmed at an old granary on Rice's Nashville property, and seized three people open beer and talk about their life next to bonfire.[5][6]

Rice told to CMT, pointed out the video's characteristic: “We weren't acting or remembering lines — we were just hanging out on my farm as real friends enjoying the night together. That's what this song is all about, and it was special to bring it to life.”[7]

Last edited by undo on Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:13 pm

undo wrote:
    Spoiler:

why do people like this?

I want to bring this back to the top, almost 10 years later Jack Antinoff continues to sharp-dick ear fuck the listeners of the world and he's one of my biggest peeves of modern or contemporary music.

That is all
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:28 am

Eh, I really like some of Jack Antonoff's songs as Bleachers. My problem w/ Fun. is that godawful glee-club motherfucker of a lead singer.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:43 pm

This is particularly bad media. I'm losing my ability to empathize with the humans who create this kind of thing.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:46 pm

https://www.vhemt.org/
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:28 pm

I assume this started with the idea that it would take very, very little effort make new lyrics for "Blue" that were less dumb then the original, and if nothing else they proved that much.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:47 pm

jesus lol

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:55 pm

All the forgotten mega pop smashes of 2010ish just sound like Lonely Island songs with slightly less funny lyrics:

undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:26 pm

maybe I just don't like this because it makes me feel old but why does everything have to sound like this AND also look like shit

I shouldn't even be posting this here because it doesn't seem to be the massive viral hit I assumed it was

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:55 am