Nick
Duff...
BGwaves
ClosetOfExhaustion
C-poots
yancy
Gene Bootcut
16 posters

Thread to record our takeaway orders so we can shame ourselves into eating healthier.

Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Thread to record our takeaway orders so we can shame ourselves into eating healthier.  Empty Thread to record our takeaway orders so we can shame ourselves into eating healthier.

Post by Gene Bootcut Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:18 pm

14/7/14

1 X 186. Mushroom Rice (Rice) - Pilau rice with mushrooms
    1 X 150. Saag Aloo (Main) (Vegetable Dishes) - Spinach & potatoes cooked with mixed herbs & spices
    1 X 160. Naan (Bread) - Leavened bread cooked in the tandoor
    1 X 146. Mushroom Bhaji (Main) (Vegetable Dishes) - Mushrooms cooked in onions & tomatoes in mixed spices

I ordered this food through a middle man website that's slogan is 'if only cooking was this easy'. That fits the spirit of the thread.
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

Thread to record our takeaway orders so we can shame ourselves into eating healthier.  Empty Re: Thread to record our takeaway orders so we can shame ourselves into eating healthier.

Post by yancy Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:29 pm

Love this thread idea. Whether I'm too ashamed to participate remains to be seen.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Thread to record our takeaway orders so we can shame ourselves into eating healthier.  Empty Re: Thread to record our takeaway orders so we can shame ourselves into eating healthier.

Post by C-poots Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:11 pm

Lunch:

- Lamb Gyro

Post-Lunch/Pre-Dinner:

- 4 pieces of Cosi ciabatta bread
    - many cubes of cheese
    - Bagel w/ Cream Cheese
    - 4-pack Milanos

ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:12 pm

i had mcdonalds drive thru for lunch and i hate myself
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:38 pm

Getting 25 wings and making a large dinner salad for the 3 of us. Can't beat $.25 wings.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:23 pm

Trying to talk myself out of a whole medium pepperoni pizza right now.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:24 pm

Lunch was Cafe Cito - my favorite spot in Chicago to get breakfast or lunch

Cubano Sandwich
    side of black beans and rice
    side of olives
    2 Mexican Wedding cookies
    1 Cafe con Leche
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

Post by yancy Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:33 am

I'm going to miss brunch out with my wife's cool cousin from Spain/UK/Portland because my boss thinks it's acceptable to schedule every important meeting around lunchtime. But I'll be exposing my shame here soon enough.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:47 pm

Dinner Update from Yesterday:

Dominos Pizza with white sauce, XXX-tra cheese, pepperoni, sausage, salami. Ate 5/8th of a large.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:56 pm

I don't know if a negative pizza in the shaming thread is exactly what I want or not. Can someone please establish these rules and, if this neg is a confirmation of a shame-worthy meal, please credit my overall account with a positive pizza to reflect this?

Thank you and best regards,
    C-Poots
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:12 pm

that's my neg. aren't we shaming each other into eating healthier, or am i too into the spirit of this thread? i do agree it felt uncomfortable for me to neg your pizza conquest

also, I'd have given you a pozz if you ate 1/4 of the large and frugally saved the remainder for other meals
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:32 pm

I think our overall health should be part of the equation. If you're healthy and exercise but eat one bad meal alongside two good ones, how can that be shameful?

Are we supposed to be ashamed of our own eating habits or shame others out of their bad eating habits?
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:53 pm

I read the C-Poots neg as sly commentary on the quality of Domino's "pizza"
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:15 pm

BGwaves wrote:I think our overall health should be part of the equation. If you're healthy and exercise but eat one bad meal alongside two good ones, how can that be shameful?

Because you're more likely to feel a sense of shame after doing that if it's not what you do for literally every meal?
    Bruegel
    Bruegel

Pizzas : 453

Post by Bruegel Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:52 pm

I very rarely do takeaways but I eat in restaurants too often.

moules marinière, minute steak and a bottle of red for lunch today at Little Bay.

popcorn in the cinema.

no dinner.

Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:27 pm

Duff... wrote:Trying to talk myself out of a whole medium pepperoni pizza right now.
    I was not successful.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:23 pm

reuben wrote:I read the C-Poots neg as sly commentary on the quality of Domino's "pizza"

This was actually why I was asking. If he was judging me for having Domino's instead of a quality pizza, I can't blame him. If I was neg'd for not being shameful enough or something, I wanted to know more.

Also, I typically eat pretty well and exercise regularly, just so happened to eat like utter shit yesterday and felt even more guilty for it, as Soma said.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:06 am

I think adding a disincentive from posting in neg-form would probably be counterproductive. The shame will keep us honest, no need to sacrifice precious Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum dollars.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:07 am

Corrective pizza engaged.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:31 am

Ok, I get it, you guys are genuinely ashamed. Ok, roger that, over and out.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:14 pm

20/7/14

Mushroom pizza
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:46 am

Lunch at Au Cheval yesterday:

Scrambled eggs with foi gras
    Cheeseburger with bacon & fried egg
    1 Bloody Mary
    2 "Giulios" which was Prosecco and grapefruit juice
    Dan Sausage
    Dan Sausage
    Solid Bro

Pizzas : 92

Post by Dan Sausage Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:23 pm

3 slices of giordanos deep dish i found in the break room
    Dan Sausage
    Dan Sausage
    Solid Bro

Pizzas : 92

Post by Dan Sausage Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:28 pm

currently weigh 9 lbs more than i did a week and a half ago
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:58 am

Ate half of a large Bartoli's stuffed pizza.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:58 am