basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Now Playing - Page 35 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by Bruegel Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:45 am

Now Playing - Page 35 Willie-Burns-Tab-cover-1

and Benji
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

Post by yancy Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:50 pm

Spent the last couple evenings revisiting the first four Nada Surf albums while hanging a TV and a shelf in the basement. This feels like a confession.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:30 pm

I fucking love moving furniture, building IKEA shit, and all that good stuff. I literally always have the best time with that shit. I built an IKEA TV shelf when I first moved in here and I just drank beer and bumped Madlib the whole time. I basically never work with my hands and I probably should because it puts me in the best mental state ever.

Built my friend's IKEA bedframe for him as well. Once again I got drunk but this time listened to Boris. Either way that shit is a formula for success.

What I am saying, Yancy, is that I hope you enjoyed yourself in the process.
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Post by yancy Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:38 pm

I enjoyed the shit out of it! Used my new drill/driver to put lag bolts into a stud to hang the TV mount. Plus I used some cool snap toggle things to mount the DVR shelf above the TV. Home improvement is a good time in small doses.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1144

Post by undo Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:24 am

maybe it's the prescription speed talking but this is the most supercharged thing I've heard in many moons and it makes me feel like life is going to be okay after all

Now Playing - Page 35 827r
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 876

Post by zappo Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:45 am

Some chick that Andrew James T used to know and go to "punk rock" shows with got herpes from the lead singer in that band. Good times.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1144

Post by undo Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:58 pm

I meant to post that in the 2013 musical recordings thread, oops.

You might have told us that story already or someone else on a message board I read had a similar Fall Out Boy STD experience, either is very possible.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Pizzas : 283
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:19 pm

Funkadelic - Tales of Kidd Funkadelic
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:33 pm

Light a mup mup mup
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Pizzas : 283
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:25 pm

I've listened to La Novia many times but this is the first time on headphones and I gotta admit I'm 13 mins in and I'm definitely having an old school bgwaves moment! Can't believe how much time I've used on hour long acid mothers temple jams. Granted most of the time I wasnt fully engaged because of doing house work but still. This is like an episode of the walking dead. Gimme some pizza!
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 876

Post by zappo Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:09 am

Done. Just this morning, I was talking to Paves and Sausage about AMT. They were lukewarm, but I feel you on this.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:31 am

Just finished Dragging a Dead Deer Up a Hill and now I'm vibing to Love vs Money. If I am going to be forced into five or six hours of logic homework then I'm going to be jamming out big time.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:09 pm

Love vs Money might be my favorite album of all time and "Fancy" might be my favorite track of all time. This shit rocks too hard. It's also become a serious life goal to get some girl to respond that I "put it down" whenever anyone asks about me. If I can make that happen then really nothing else would matter to me.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 980

Post by Nick Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:15 pm

"Fancy" is actually my least favorite track on that album. I don't think you should be shy about telling a female you put it down! You think Jasperness is shy about that shit?!?! Nope.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:21 pm

Literally nobody could know when I am walking down the street with my black, ripped jeans and Guns n' Roses t-shirt that I'm half chub while bumping this album. Everyone thinks I like Sleater-Kinney or some shit. But nah, I'm just bumming about my lack of stacks because I know I could never drop five on a make-up bag.

Can someone tell me why I am forced to walk around a campus full of avid indie rawkers who think the Juno soundtrack was the best thing of the century? I'm just trying to do it to Kel's 12 Play in my 23rd floor condo. Why am I philosophy major? I'm way too cool for Martin Heidegger. That dude was a Nazi and I still can't figure out why he did that but I am pretty sure it has something to do with him not making an important aesthetic shift away from some really turgid, stupid white orchestrator. If they would have given a black guy a that stupid composer batton we could have avoided several World Wars and probably the Great Depression because he would have had them all walking on moon.

I'm a pretty avid believer in the funk still. If you can't feel the funk in all of its various forms then you should just kill yourself. I will be 75 years of age, with no hair, half of one lung, and a beer belly, and I am still going to tell people they just need to get down and with the funk and shut the fucking fuck up about it.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:24 pm

Nick wrote:"Fancy" is actually my least favorite track on that album. I don't think you should be shy about telling a female you put it down!  You think Jasperness is shy about that shit?!?! Nope.
    You're not listening to it right. The first time I heard that track I was driving through downtown Naperville at 3am with my best friend and was super stoned. He turned on "Fancy" on a total whim and I was literally glued to my seat. There were moments in the track where we would simultaneously turn to each other and non-verbally communicate that this was the fliest and craziest shit ever recorded. It is so fucking amazing.

Also, I don't want to have to tell them. I want them to naturally discover it about me. And then be so empowered by it that they need to travel to the end of the Earth professing to every gentile how capable I am of putting it down. Yeah. I put it down so hard that there are going to be entire governments who feel a need to crucify me.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:30 pm

Nick. Turn on "Fancy" right now. Think about that moment around 3:05 with that crazy, deep bassline. And then he comes in with "because of me all she do is walking around in Italian shoes." I mean, what are you talking about my man. And literally just everything after 5:10 is just perfection.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:36 pm

wp64 wrote:I'm just bumming about my lack of stacks because I know I could never drop five on a make-up bag.

wp64 wrote:I'm way too cool for Martin Heidegger. That dude was a Nazi and I still can't figure out why he did that but I am pretty sure it has something to do with him not making an important aesthetic shift away from some really turgid, stupid white orchestrator.

wp64 wrote:I'm a pretty avid believer in the funk still.

dropping classics like "Fast Car" over here, WP
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:41 pm

I'm about to spend 90 minutes in a room laboring over a fucking logic midterm. I'm ill-prepared and this whole process is going to make me fucking nauseous. But when I leave the funk is going to be waiting for me.

I'm going to become a jihad for the funk. Too many people and too many things are stopping the funk from being broadcast. Fuck those people and things. Get out of the way and the funk is going to go international. If Marxists would stop being so stupid they would realize that the fifth international needs to incorporate the funk in a major way.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:43 pm

Nick wrote:I don't think you should be shy about telling a female you put it down!  You think Jasperness is shy about that shit?!?! Nope.

had a great discussion of how to 'put it down' with a female friend of mine after i spanked her pretty hard and she yelled "do it again!"

the conclusion was she didn't want to be slapped in the face
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:46 pm

wp64 wrote:I'm going to become a jihad for the funk.

call it the "Fatwa for Funk" so i can call my movement the "Tech House Jihad"
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:50 pm

@2:35. But also the entire video. This video is really the main reason that I don't kill myself. I just can't lose sight of the fact that we are all sensitive people with so much to give. It's all good bros!
    Bruegel
    Bruegel

Post by Bruegel Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:17 pm

finally got hold of the only DS93 release i was missing (the Scanner one). spinning the whole series to celebrate...

Now Playing - Page 35 L-96283-1203110935

just need to remember to keep checking for the final (Regis) instalment

www.ds93.com
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:40 pm

If you ever wanted to upload that shit and hit all of us with a link that would be dope. For some reason I can't connect to the what.cd tracker since the site went down a couple weeks ago and I have been too busy/lazy to fix that.
    Bruegel
    Bruegel

Post by Bruegel Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:55 pm

I think tBD and Dadavistic releases are the only ones I have in digital. all on slsk, I'd imagine.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:06 am