+4
C-poots
undo
Duff...
Madrox Reloaded
8 posters

Is now the right time to sell off everything and buy Bitcoin?

Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 980

Is now the right time to sell off everything and buy Bitcoin? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is now the right time to sell off everything and buy Bitcoin?

Post by Nick Tue May 24, 2022 4:34 pm

Seth Green Tweeting about his Ape NFTs being stolen is hilarious to me.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Is now the right time to sell off everything and buy Bitcoin? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is now the right time to sell off everything and buy Bitcoin?

Post by Michael K. Wed May 25, 2022 5:45 pm

me too
    Madrox Reloaded
    Madrox Reloaded
    A Man's Worst Nightmare

Pizzas : 6

Post by Madrox Reloaded Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:05 am

undo wrote:https://inthesetimes.com/article/the-ticking-bomb-of-crypto-fascism

what is this doomer shit lol. there have been several BIG crashes since bitcoins inception such as 2013, 2017 and now. not to mention the infinite shitcoins that have gone -99% in a day. crypto "fascists" didnt emerge then and i cant imagine theyll pop up now.
    Madrox Reloaded
    Madrox Reloaded
    A Man's Worst Nightmare

Post by Madrox Reloaded Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:07 am

the main thing people who lose money get upset with is crypto itself. the shills, venture capitalists, exchanges etc. awful article
    Madrox Reloaded
    Madrox Reloaded
    A Man's Worst Nightmare

Post by Madrox Reloaded Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:13 am

also the stock market is about as big of a ponzi as crypto is. your shares dont entitle you to shit unless youre one of the berkshire hathaway or citadels of the world. most of these shits dont even pay dividends anymore. its all just a bet on the number going up.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:38 am

Madrox Reloaded wrote:also the stock market is about as big of a ponzi as crypto is. your shares dont entitle you to shit unless youre one of the berkshire hathaway or citadels of the world. most of these shits dont even pay dividends anymore. its all just a bet on the number going up.

I mean, this is half wrong and exaggerated but you know that.

Your shares do technically entitle you to shit which is why you have to add the caveat of "unless you're..." which are people who have acquired enough shares to have a sizable voting voice. Also, many companies do still provide dividends, just not the ones that everyone on the internet talks about. 1/3 of the companies in my portfolio pay dividends between 3.5% and 9%. Companies that are doing well and don't pay dividends are typically buying back shares with that money instead, which is a smart tactic from a tax savings point of view.

That's kinda always been the point.

I'm all (read: a lot) about making money, people who rode this coin/nft/web3 horseshit to wealth are cool cause I wimped out trying to ride those waves. But I'm also kinda glad real life is kicking in again and people are having a harder time rationalizing buying or holding this stuff. The ease of creating these types of assets kinda points to their intrinsic worthlessness to me. The dollar and most global currencies are not tied to gold or whatever and are worthless too yeah I know that argument but what those assets have is the value of time, recognition, markets of exchange, and governmental blockades of competitors.

Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:30 pm

I purchased a DD coffee this morning using a $1 bill and quarters. The quarter is still The Reigning King of coins.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:14 pm

Nick wrote:I purchased a DD coffee this morning using a $1 bill and quarters. The quarter is still The Reigning King of coins.

x-post with cities thread. SF doesn't have DD and I miss it. My favorite trash restaurant no sarcasm
    Madrox Reloaded
    Madrox Reloaded
    A Man's Worst Nightmare

Post by Madrox Reloaded Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:03 am

Nick wrote:I purchased a DD coffee this morning using a $1 bill and quarters. The quarter is still The Reigning King of coins.

of course. the whole point of buying bitcoin or any crypto for that matter is to dump it on the next generation of ancap dumbasses for more usd.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:12 pm

Is this FTX thing bad for crypto? I think they sponsored the MLB umpire shirts, LOL.

Looks like FTX may have… struck out! gotchagamin
    Madrox Reloaded
    Madrox Reloaded
    A Man's Worst Nightmare

Post by Madrox Reloaded Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:21 pm

Nick wrote:Is this FTX thing bad for crypto? I think they sponsored the MLB umpire shirts, LOL.

Looks like FTX may have… struck out!  gotchagamin

Yeah it's basically lehman meets enron, but without the bail outs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 9:26 pm