+4
Michael K.
coyote
Duff...
Ned Braden
8 posters

Rolling thread for me to return to every time I forget the name of that one song with the sax

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 995
    DispositionRock Guitars

Rolling thread for me to return to every time I forget the name of that one song with the sax Empty Rolling thread for me to return to every time I forget the name of that one song with the sax

Post by Ned Braden Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:20 pm

It's Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty

Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 810
    DispositionSunny.

Rolling thread for me to return to every time I forget the name of that one song with the sax Empty Re: Rolling thread for me to return to every time I forget the name of that one song with the sax

Post by Duff... Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:01 pm

A friend of mine casually mentioned "Baker Street" and I was like "What the fuck are you talking about" and then he youTubed it and it's "Oh right that song would have a name".
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Rolling thread for me to return to every time I forget the name of that one song with the sax Empty Re: Rolling thread for me to return to every time I forget the name of that one song with the sax

Post by Ned Braden Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:26 pm

I’ve been forgetting the name of this song and artist and instead thinking “Bleeker Street” by Simon and Garfunkel* for like 17 years.

*and also totally knowing that I’m obviously not thinking of “Bleeker Street”
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:16 pm

Gerry Rafferty’s “right down the line” is one of my favorite songs and I’m not sure why. “Baker Street” is so ridiculous though, it’s like so overblown (pun)
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:28 pm

I remember the moment when I learned the name of this song - FINALLY - and played it over and over the whole damn day to my wife's - bless her - waning tolerance. The sax bit is rad, but for me it's the descending whirr at the head of the riff that really sends me.

Just read just now that Gerry Rafferty was in Stealers Wheel and was the lead singer on "Stuck In the Middle With You." Is there anyone else out there responsible for TWO one-hit wonders?
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:16 pm

Michael K. wrote:Is there anyone else out there responsible for TWO one-hit wonders?

Same dudes, right here.

zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:20 pm

Rolling thread for me to return to every time I forget the name of that one song with the sax Giphy
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:25 pm

I don't know those songs is the thing.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 283
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:41 pm

These guys may have had three hits if you count Live and Die in LA. These two stick in my memory more then that one. Dancehall days in particular has some magical power over me. It’s corny but every time it’s on, especially when I’m alone, I get really nostalgic for car rides with my parents.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:19 pm

Michael K. wrote:I don't know those songs is the thing.

This is heartbreaking, B.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:44 am

Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:29 pm

zappo wrote:
    Michael K. wrote:I don't know those songs is the thing.

This is heartbreaking, B.

It shouldn't be! You remedied that affliction, amigo. Thanks!
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:31 pm

"It's still hard at six o'clock in the morning"
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 283
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:38 pm

I realized today that I misunderstood what MK was asking yesterday. Anyhow, Hope you guys enjoyed some Wang Chung on your bro!
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:40 am

FWIW, Duff nailed it.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:40 pm

howyadoin
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1140

Post by undo Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:57 pm

I learned the name of this song when it was being played on the radio... by the Foo Fighters!
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:43 pm

Rolling thread for me to return to every time I forget the name of that one song with the sax Groooo10
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Pizzas : 89

Post by vIv Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:30 pm

I'm with Avec- it's all about "Right Down the Line"
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:01 pm

I’m really glad I made this thread. I haven’t forgotten the name Gerry Rafferty since.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:21 am