reuben
Ned Braden
14 posters

Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada

reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada - Page 4 Empty Re: Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada

Post by reuben Wed May 29, 2013 7:56 am

Sounds like you're set for the half marathon then.
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada - Page 4 Empty Re: Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada

Post by yancy Wed May 29, 2013 2:25 pm

Ned drank three of those mugs in one sitting while finishing a pizza? God damn, that's a real man.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:10 am

i am going to save some stuff tonight to "drafts" folder cause it's too bad right now...

i'm going to get destroyed tomorrow in run fast competition. But, again, go Hawks.

booze.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:00 pm

Ned Braden wrote:apparently British people who get a doggy bag "are pikeys" which is total bullshit imo.

Complete and utter bullshit. I can't imagine that actual pikeys even go to restaurants with any sort of frequency.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:01 pm

I tend to finish everything on my plate and never order pudding, but I'd be all over doggy bags if this wasn't the case.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:29 pm

Man, I really wish I could have posted
    Smokin'
    right underneath that Ned Braden Boston Pizza post.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:32 pm

reuben wrote:Sounds like you're set for the half marathon then.

This was nuts. Almost won it, but some dudes were a lot faster than me. 1st for 30-39 though im feelin it
    1:26:40 was a personal best, but I'm pretty sure the course was a bit short. Sub 1:30:00 was my goal bumpin

Now it's time for some beer and some Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada - Page 4 1233143919

Last edited by Ned Braden on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dudes)
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:59 pm

The Canadian RAF guys hosted a party at the officer's club friday night and it was interesting. There were multicolored disco strobe lights, a dancefloor, and some musical equipment, so when one of the guys in charge got up to make an announcement to everybody, I thought it was going to be some funny shit. Instead it ended up being some tearjerking stuff about a guy who died 5 years ago in an ejection. They played a slideshow featuring funny pictures of him (in one he was playing a guitar in a hot tub, in others he had a sweet mustache) and soundtracked by Scorpions and Foo Fighters. Needless to say, dude looked like one hell of a solid bro. The movie as well as the general attitude of people in the bar was awesome... I think about the probable stupid Facebook groups that would be dedicated to my memory if some bad shit happened and I died, and it just makes me depressed. If this celebration were about me though, I'd be super cool with it.

Afterwards, drinking and merriment commenced and I saw this guy at the bar:
    Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada - Page 4 Null_zpsc8fef3d3

i really wanted to call it an early night so as to have my best effort in that half marathon, but peer pressure got to me and we started throwing back the beers.
    Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada - Page 4 Null_zps9f8ae511

They recruited me to take part in a game of "crud" against the belgians (apparently also called "tanks") on a rickety old pool table. They told me it was a violent game, and I'm usually pretty good at throwing checks, so I was sold. Unfortunately, either I was too drunk or the game was to complicated, and I got knocked out immediately for having no idea what was going on. After having reviewed these videos, I'm still not sure how to play the game:

Fun night all around.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:40 pm

Been watching all the playoff games with this dude because he reminds me of my dad and all of his brothers.
    Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada - Page 4 Null_zpsd73b7dda
    C-130 aircrewman with the Canadians who's been playing goalie for the past x number of decades. Steps outside every commercial for a smoke. Yesterday he told me the game was already started and the Hawks were down 3-0, just because he wanted to fuck with me. He's got a bunch of broken fingers and old war stories. He was telling me yesterday about being up 7 nothing in a blowout hockey game, and having one of his d men score an own goal just to rob him of the shutout. He then went on to step out of the way on the next 5 shots he faced, pissing off the rest of the team and starting a sort of internal brawl. They ended up winning 10-7. The most Slapshot IRL stuff imaginable. He's all "never piss off your goalie."
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:18 am

its fun to see someone who is open to life in ways that i am not
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:32 am

Almost accidentally posted a dick pick in here tonight. There was an interesting urinal.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:34 am

Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada - Page 4 Null_zps009aa18b

They had a hockey one, a football one, a different football one, and another hockey one.
    If I haven't said it yet, Go Canada! grapes
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:36 am

Once the Hawks were up 4-0 I sat at the bar relaxed a bit and had a chance to tell my RAF buddies about how hockey works. Straws and popcorn to illustrate how shit goes down:

Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada - Page 4 Null_zps6a91438f

I somehow feel confident that I drunkenly and coherently got the message of icing and offsides to these guys, which is no small feat.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:41 am

i'm flying in like 5 hours. fuck this am schedule bullshit
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:33 am

Who are the goalies in your example? I'm guessing the beer is Ben Bishop and the popcorn bucket is Jason Missiaen.

Ned Braden wrote:Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada - Page 4 Null_zps9f8ae511
    Spoiler:
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Pizzas : 89

Post by vIv Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:47 pm

Re: Reuben's spoiler- one of you Mods should add that to the Emoticon menu as shorthand for drinking buddy esprit de corps.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Post by Ted Falconi Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:05 pm

drinking buddy espri
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:26 pm

hahaha
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Post by Ted Falconi Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:44 pm

drinking buddy espri Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada - Page 4 13-24
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:26 pm

sad to notice that my emoticon didn't make the cut for the new board
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:29 pm

Mine didn't either, and somehow neither did watkid, but it's nice to have a semi-fresh new batch.
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:30 pm

Mine was of limited use & appeal anyway. Didn't mean to imply it's some great loss by mentioning it in the same breath as watkid.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:36 pm

you guys are admins.

if you don't like it, IMPROVE IT
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:44 pm

i don't have archives of old photos like you board history junkies do
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:50 pm

yeah I don't have any pictures of you on my computer

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:24 am