Duff...
reuben
24 posters

[solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1145

[solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop - Page 7 Empty Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

Post by undo Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:49 pm

Spoiler:

I had nothing to do on Saturday night at work so I read The Manual and I wonder if this band ever did, too.

This probably won't go to #1 anywhere but no rock song really does anymore.
    undo
    undo

[solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop - Page 7 Empty Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

Post by undo Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:34 pm

Spoiler:
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:14 pm

Spoiler:

About 2,910,000 results
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

Post by yancy Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:57 am

Perhaps unsurprisingly, I'm a fan of that Tove Lo song. Some of the lyrics are pretty watkid.gif, but I give her a pass for being Swedish. I mean, they can pretty much all speak English, but I imagine some things sound less cornball in other cultures.
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:59 am

That nightcore shit on the other hand, hoo boy. I made it about 40 seconds.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:43 am

I heard Tove Lo for the first time last night and just assumed it was the new Lana Del Rey until I was able to look it up tonight.

yancy wrote:That nightcore shit on the other hand, hoo boy. I made it about 40 seconds.

I almost posted the 5 hour mix that was on the first page of results, instead.

Speaking of total shit.

Spoiler:

These guys are probably millionaires now aren't they.
    rubberman
    rubberman
    Gash Hound

Pizzas : 4

Post by rubberman Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:38 am

the tove lo song is one of the best tunes of 2013, lovely stuff
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:45 pm

Spoiler:
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:22 pm

Spoiler:

Neutral 
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:48 am

When I hear something like that I just assume it's a joke. And then a few months later it's a #1 hit, like "Thrift Shop."
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:36 pm

yancy wrote:When I hear something like that I just assume it's a joke. And then a few months later it's a #1 hit, like "Harlem Shake."

I'm assuming this is what you meant.
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:53 pm

That too. But I actually thought "Thrift Shop" in particular was some kind of College Humor / Dailymotion joke video until I later learned it was a legitimate hit song.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:46 am

Even for what it is, it feels padded at just short of two minutes.
    monotony
    monotony
    Vanity-published Eco-horror Fiction Writer

Pizzas : 65

Post by monotony Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:04 pm

Definitely the worst sophie song. Some of his other stuff is good tho
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:51 pm

Ah, she/they had a top ten track on the SOMB poll that I had no idea what to make of. I'd made the association in my head but didin't assume they were the same people.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:23 pm

Spoiler:

It's silly to actively hate anything when it's obviously not made for you but what's the deal with this song and why/how has it been #1 in the US for a couple of weeks now?
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:37 pm

15 seconds in and it's like i've already heard this current hype thing in 100+ different iterations over the years.  I guess people are collectively destined to be into this forever. What makes 1 version of this go number one and another falter is lost on me though. Maybe cause the guy in the video looks like a lame, youngish, James Franco-esque thing who your daughter likes idk.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:49 pm

The first few times I heard this song I thought he was singing "I'm gonna marry you anyway/No matter what you say" so I was almost impressed on how creepy we were letting pop songs be these days.

Otherwise, yeah, unexceptional crap.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:09 pm

Spoiler:

This isn't really new but I heard it for the first time today and I just couldn't believe it and I still can't.
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Pizzas : 89

Post by vIv Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:15 pm

It's amazing to me that someone so dialed in and generally super-savvy on pop culture as Undo could somehow felicitously have September 9th, 2014 be the first time they are subjected to Kid Rock's Lynyrd Skynyrd-Warren Zevon abomination.
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:01 pm

Yeah, lucky bastard.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:10 pm

Yeah, I'd say avoiding that atrocity is savvy indeed.

In a related story I was finally subjected to Timber last week.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:54 am

Spoiler:

Is there a story behind this that I'm missing out on
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:09 pm

Boy, just when I thought young people couldn't possibly party any harder...
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:12 pm

Just the other day my roommate told me that he went to a Datsik concert a couple years ago at Congress Theater and had an "alright time." Yup...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:33 am