reuben
24 posters

[solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

[solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop - Page 8 Empty Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

Post by Ned Braden Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:36 pm

Datsyuk would be a much cooler name for a band
    *in character post
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

[solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop - Page 8 Empty Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

Post by Ned Braden Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:45 pm

Don't recall whether we've discussed it, but that eminem/Rhianna song, Monster, is my least favorite thing in recent music.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1143

Post by undo Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:10 pm

I really hate "Back to the Shack," not even going to post it here because I don't want to give the video any more views than it's already got.
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

Post by yancy Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:32 pm

I haven't seen it. Is the video itself what you find so objectionable? Or the lyrics, or the Weezer-by-numbers song as a whole? Of course now I have to watch it. Sorry about that.
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:57 pm

Video seems fairly inoffensive, except for Brian Bell's long, stringy, greasy hair, so I'm going to guess you hate the lyrics. They're definitely literal and painfully self-aware. It would have been jarring to me a decade ago, but I've come to expect at least song per album like that in the post-"Heart Songs" era. I'm more bothered by the almost rapped delivery of the vocals. Rivers is so great at melody that I want him to fully utilize his gift in every song.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:34 pm

I haven't seen the video and have no idea what it's all about.

The song itself just seems like a continuation of the meta-phase of their career which I guess has gone on significantly longer than the "normal" part if it ever did. Perhaps obviously, I just don't find it amusing anymore. Or maybe this is who they've always been. I say "they" as if anyone other than Rivers is writing this stuff, I don't know.

I've never been a huge fan of the band, although I love the blue album just as much as anyone else (not just in a nostalgic way, I just think the songs are really good) and other assorted songs throughout the years (from "Hash Pipe" and "Photograph" to the widely-hated "We Are All On Drugs"), I really do root for them but this is too tongue in cheek for me, even by their standards.
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:33 pm

Well said, I can't argue with any of that. It's unfortunate how bands' latter-era phases always drag on so much longer than the (typically early) prime that everyone latches onto. To cite an example few others here will care about, bassist Robert Trujillo has already been in Metallica about three times as long as Cliff Burton, even though the Burton era feels massive and Trujillo still seems like the new guy.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 810
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:34 pm

If it's what they've been playing on not-Q101 then yeah it blows. But then I never cared for this band.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:57 pm

Spoiler:

This is probably the least-essential post I've ever made in this thread but I'll go ahead and make it anyway. But why? Because it bothers me that Britney's handlers think they can just help themselves to this and no one will notice!
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:08 pm

Spoiler:

Dave Grohl is this generation's elder statesman of rock and consensus purveyor of "real" music. Obviously, that's no longer a very difficult mantle to assume.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:28 pm

We as a society should have shut this down just from the band name/song title combo alone.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:58 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

[solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop - Page 8 Outoftouch_zpsd29b5dc6
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:18 pm

Spoiler:

Running on an elliptical machine at the gym I had to choose between working out at with my eyes closed, watching the TV showing Fox News coverage of the Ferguson riots, or watching the other TV that was showing these.
    Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Post by Bruegel Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:54 am

I'm glad you spoilered that, Undo. The dude's soul patch alone makes it NSFW.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:24 pm

Spoiler:

This is what I meant to post for the 2nd video.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:09 pm

Spoiler:
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:35 pm

undo wrote:
    Spoiler:

This is what I meant to post for the 2nd video.
    Sweet jesus. I'd play this at work just for the lulz, but I'm afraid nobody would call me on it. flyinghigh wank
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:13 pm

What is Meghan Trainor?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:39 pm

I came close to posting that song here but I decided I was going to try to tone down the hate in 2015.

Apparently it was nominated for Record of the Year and Song of the Year.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 980

Post by Nick Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:12 pm

This fucking Miguel guy let The Fader into his house so he could shill for Sonos what a douche.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:46 pm

Spoiler:
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:54 pm

Yeah, I don't get it. Not that it's terrible, but like why would anyone listen to it on purpose?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:39 pm

I want Diplo to die from syphilis so hard.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:18 pm

Definitely deserves it.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:19 pm

Yeah, awful dude.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:38 pm