reuben
Ted Falconi
31 posters

Television Discussion Thread

Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Television Discussion Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Television Discussion Thread

Post by Nick Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:37 pm

Just got the first 4 seasons of this show called Breaking Bad from an acquaintance. Can't wait to find out what gets the internet's dick hard!
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

Post by yancy Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:13 am

Wish I could see it again for the first time. Especially the Tuco stuff.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:12 pm

ehh, i couldn't stand Tuco. i thought the actor was trying too hard to be crazy and unstable
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:01 pm

Showtime's new drama series Masters of Sex opened with an engaging first two episodes. it's an hour-long drama without painfully anemic pacing, what a concept.

it's still coasting on the inherently interesting aspects of the real life Masters' story, but casting Lizzy Caplan as a modern, sexually actualized woman in the 1950s was a real masterstroke.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:14 pm

i'm also really liking Brooklyn Nine-Nine which is trying its hardest to be the Parks and Recreation of cop shows, all the way down to casting Chelsea Peretti
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:02 pm

Don't really see where B99 can go long term but I'm definitely enjoying it right now. Andy Samberg, what a ham.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:32 pm

so its gotta be better than the clips they show in commercials, right?
    saw those clips, it looked terrible, then kept reading reviews talking it up and wondered who these damn reviewers were.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:43 pm

Michael K. wrote:Don't really see where B99 can go long term but I'm definitely enjoying it right now. Andy Samberg, what a ham.
    the same place the two other Mike Schur shows have gone: around and around in emotionally uplifting circles while they cycle through villains and romances and locations.

i'm always rooting for Andy "The Berkeley High School Graduate" Samberg and he has surprised me at now viable he is as a lead on this show. they built the show around him and its working. they let him be a ridiculous caricature of himself and throw in a few voices and impressions so he feels at home. really smart stuff, i think.

Chelsea Peretti is from Oakland, too.

the show is on Hulu so it is obscenely easy to watch.
    damo suzuki
    damo suzuki
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 61

Post by damo suzuki Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:02 pm

I am out of shows now that Breaking Bad is over. Nothing really catches my fancy till Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and Mad Men return.

Sons of Anarchy got fucking boring last year. Looks worse this year. I'm done.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:43 pm

Gun to my head, have to check out one new/ish show, it would probably be Blacklist with bald James Spader, though I've heard things about Under the Dome (stars Hank from Breaking Bad as a bad guy, Steven King derived, similar plot to The Simpsons Movie).

AMC started showing The Walking Dead from the beginning, so it's probably going to be that and Eastbound and Down for the time being.

New HBO show "Hello Ladies" or whatever is ok, but the Curb>Louie>Maron uncomfortable dude thing is worn very bare.

Though I'm up for another season of Bored To Death if HBO is.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Post by Ted Falconi Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:44 pm

I noticed some new Arrow recordings the past few weeks. If they're new ones, I'll probably watch them.
    Dan Sausage
    Dan Sausage
    Solid Bro

Pizzas : 92

Post by Dan Sausage Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:58 pm

wp64 wrote:Currently downloading all 9 seasons of Seinfeld in 720p. Play it loud, mutha 
    don't get these, they are cropped and shitty
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:24 am

Ted Falconi wrote:The Walking Dead
    This show is horrible, brother.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:00 am

jasperness wrote:
    Michael K. wrote:Don't really see where B99 can go long term but I'm definitely enjoying it right now. Andy Samberg, what a ham.
    the same place the two other Mike Schur shows have gone: around and around in emotionally uplifting circles while they cycle through villains and romances and locations.
    No doubt that'll happen to some degree, but Jim & Pam were the center of The Office from the start, and while the show did a lot to elevate the other characters, they were the beating heart. From the very beginning. I see nothing like that in B99. Which is fine - I very much like watching it - but all of these characters, without exception, are caricatures. Which just wasn't the case w/ The Office. Haven't spent much time w/ Parks & Rec.
    monotony
    monotony
    Vanity-published Eco-horror Fiction Writer

Pizzas : 65

Post by monotony Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:55 am

time with parks & rec is time well spent. imo.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:10 am

Ted Falconi wrote:
    New HBO show "Hello Ladies" or whatever is ok, but the Curb>Louie>Maron uncomfortable dude thing is worn very bare.

British comedy probably isn't for you if you think this.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:14 pm

In my last class this girl said that Seinfeld was boring. The fabric of society is totally fucked if we have people running around with asinine opinion.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Post by Ted Falconi Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:47 pm

I said it was ok! But I honestly haven't watched much British comedy since Fawlty Towers.

Also, it's an American show, imo.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Post by Ted Falconi Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:04 pm

Oh wait, I liked Hot Fuzz. Does that count?
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:38 pm

Ted Falconi wrote:Also, it's an American show, imo.
    I haven't had an opportunity to watch it. I assumed it was British since (I think) I read that it's adapted feom Merchant's stand-up routine.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:11 am

What's on that's good and serious right now? Not necessarily heavy, but something that stands up to analytical scrutiny. Basically just twiddling my thumbs right now waiting for Justified & Mad Men now that Breaking Bad has ended and Downton Abbey, Homeland, and Sons of Anarchy have gone various shades of belly up.
    monotony
    monotony
    Vanity-published Eco-horror Fiction Writer

Pizzas : 65

Post by monotony Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:55 am

have you seen orange is the new black?
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Pizzas : 89

Post by vIv Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Soma wrote:
    Ted Falconi wrote:Also, it's an American show, imo.
    I haven't had an opportunity to watch it.  I assumed it was British since (I think) I read that it's adapted feom Merchant's stand-up routine.
    Definitely American. Actually enjoying it pretty well. I agree that the squirming-in-your-seat vicarious embarrassment genre's a little played out, but the show is actually pretty insightful about LA culture.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:40 pm

monotony wrote:have you seen orange is the new black?
    Yes indeed. It's ok.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:37 am

Not trying to be a contrarian but just finished disc 2 of season 2 & Breaking Bad is starting to lose my interest.

I don't need more Skyler is a pregnant bitch being cold to Walt or Jesse roaming around pissed off episodes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:09 am