Bruegel
? Ospink
Gene Bootcut
_
WP64
reuben
Ned Braden
16 posters

Fuckin' shit! These songs are the same song!!

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Fuckin' shit! These songs are the same song!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuckin' shit! These songs are the same song!!

Post by undo Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:29 am

Guns ‘N Roses - Patience
    Mercury Rev - Car Wash Hair
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Fuckin' shit! These songs are the same song!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuckin' shit! These songs are the same song!!

Post by Ned Braden Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:58 pm

Realized today that Ham Green by Beak> is just a darker Rumble.

Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:39 pm

No way I'm the first person to point this out but

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:42 pm

Totally. I actually thought it was a sample
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:49 pm

Wouldn't surprise me. Probably could have googled it.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:00 pm

Spoiler:

Mad
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:25 am

I feel like there are a number of songs that this sounds like, but the one that's really hitting me is:

chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:02 am

Ned Braden wrote:

I feel like there are a number of songs that this sounds like, but the one that's really hitting me is:

zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:30 am

Warner/Chappell wrote:As Radiohead’s music publisher, it’s true that we’ve been in discussions since August of last year with Lana Del Rey’s representatives. It’s clear that the verses of “Get Free” use musical elements found in the verses of “Creep” and we’ve requested that this be acknowledged in favour of all writers of “Creep.” To set the record straight, no lawsuit has been issued and Radiohead have not said they “will only accept 100%” of the publishing of “Get Free.”
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:31 am

And didn't Radiohead get sued for stealing "Creep" from The Hollies, too? I can't hear it, but something like that did happen.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:22 am

Well dang. Didn't realize that was a thing in dispute. I guess I should read things that people read. But... validated? Good songs, both. I think the Lana album might actually be my favorite thing in 2017 other than the Marshall Stax album.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun May 06, 2018 9:01 pm

In general, I feel like most good music is just trying to be Castlevania, but this is pretty blatant:

quip
    quip
    Jasper's Yurt of Enlightened Conversation

Pizzas : 74

Post by quip Thu May 10, 2018 5:08 pm

Skip to 1:17

chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:11 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:41 pm

undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:31 am

It can’t be

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:12 pm

I felt for sure that I was onto something. But when I listen to them back to back, I'm not totally sure now.

If anybody listens to that Chain song and is like, "wait no! It was totally from THIS nes classic," please please please let me know.

There are still for sure some similarities at work tho:

Also, ftr, i'm acknowledging that both of these sound like literally every fucking one of these songs ever.

pps:  Grant DaNasty is one of my all time favorite NES characters and I once tried to convince my friend Grant to learn how to rap so that he could make that his stagename. He had much better things to do with his life, but I still resent him for not doing this.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:48 pm

Sorry, can't come up with anything. Humming it in different pitches I came up with the underground cavern in Castlevania 1 and the opening cutscene of Link's Awakening, and neither is really close.

Glad to see Grant is finding love somewhere. You don't hear much about the DaNasty family these days, and the poor guy wasn't even in the new cartoon.

Was always more of a Sypha fan, surprising no one.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:02 pm

oh shit

1:10

Well, kinda.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:21 pm

Damn... snake on metal. Well played runthrough gaming youtuber.

Original NES games had fucking AMAZING soundtracks, and though I've owned and played many of these games, I know that I'm forgetting a whole ton. During my recent bout of Megaman 3 I asked my musician and nintendo enthusiast brother to make an album of covers, but I'm not holding my breath.

What are your favorite nes soundtracks? Feel free to list here, works of sonic genius from the original NES (or other firstwave early millenial videogame shit for that matter...  like final fantasy VI or...  Ocarina of time probably doesn't count, but it was so good and it had song of storms).

I'll just toss out a few of my personal faves
    Megaman 2 (and 3, though 3 suffers from not having the Woodman theme)
    Ninja Gaiden
    Tetris (obviously, but goes without saying really)
    Ducktales
    Castlevania 3 (and maybe 2)
    Metriod
    Techmo Bowl
    Zelda 2 (I should've mentioned this when i was talking about underrated nes sequels)
    Contra

And yeah. Sypha was fucking amazing. Castlevania III is love.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:40 pm

There's this music that plays in either Super Mario Brothers 3 or Super Mario World or some other Mario game (or it's actually not from a Mario game and that's what I'm, it's on a map screen or in a treasure hut (?) or on the main menu of the game, I don't know where and it's maddening because I can spend 20 minutes on YouTube just digging through YouTube to find it and suddenly it's like it never existed.

It regularly gets stuck in my head and every time it does I just end up running it through tons of other songs, old and new, and making these weird mashups that probably wouldn't work IRL (your brain can change the tempo and the key of any song without you even realizing it) but fit together perfectly in my imagination.

Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:47 pm

Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:52 pm

Nintendo's music was something I would often take for granted when I was younger, like it was basic or something, but they made some of the most enduring songs. Konami, Tecmo, and Capcom always had great soundtracks.

This is the jam right here:

undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:54 pm

This song has been one of my favorite pieces of music for years.

Spoiler:

Today I found out that like 80% of it was just sampled from this!

Spoiler:
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:01 pm

Whoa, that Gigi Masin - Clouds somehow ended up on a playlist of mine from a few months ago (Spotify algorithm shit) and that melody is familiar as fuck to me now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:51 am