reuben
24 posters

[solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

[solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop - Page 14 Empty Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

Post by Duff... Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:16 pm

I am not familiar with this project. Recommended?

They played "Tic Tac Toe" a lot on B96 (or was it Z95?) in 1990 I think, and recently it popped back into my head for the first time in at least 20 years. I definitely should not have been listening to it at that age.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

[solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop - Page 14 Empty Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

Post by undo Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Duff... wrote:I am not familiar with this project. Recommended?

I mean, he's not Anthony Fantano.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:44 pm

Why?
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:33 pm

I guess we're just stuck with this kinda thing from now on huh.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:31 pm

I'm really curious where NF is popular and/or getting played.

I wonder if most of his fans know he's a Christian rapper, but then again I wonder what that even means.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:40 pm

[solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop - Page 14 03-Marshmello-2016-Press-cr-Bellnjerry-Billboard-1548

I mean I guess I can imagine what this music sounds like but
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:44 pm

undo wrote:
    Duff... wrote:I am not familiar with this project. Recommended?

I mean, he's not Anthony Fantano.

I'll admit that it's been a few years since I've subjected myself to one of his videos. I watched one the other night and he seems to be really toning his shit down into something borderline-watchable?

I still want proof that he's not an actual 4chan edgelord. What that would look like, I have no idea.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:49 am

YouTube is still just a thing I watch music videos and MTV Downtown on and Anthony Fantano is not gonna change that.

undo wrote:I'm really curious where NF is popular and/or getting played.

I wonder if most of his fans know he's a Christian rapper, but then again I wonder what that even means.

Think it's B96 I'm hearing him? I had no idea he was christian rap, so yeah.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:17 pm

Nostalgic romanticization of childhood has been the most regressive, egotistical trend in music over the past decade, maybe even since Funeral came out.

Twenty One Pilots were poetic masters of this by comparison to this song.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:24 pm

undo wrote:Twenty One Pilots were poetic masters of this by comparison to this song.

Don't quite agree but I suppose the comparison itself is damning.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:05 pm

[solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop - Page 14 Rock10

Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:54 pm

Jesus fucking christ.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:01 pm

The British public's infatuation with miserable novelty songs carries on unabated and this is our Christmas number 1. Literally the death wish

Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:29 pm

How in fuck's name is Panic! At the Disco still a thing.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:30 am

I know they're supposed to be friends and that it's probably one of those things that's been said so often no one wants to hear it anymore, but damn they really ripped off everything Fall Out Boy was doing for fifteen years and it finally paid off in a huge way (while also seemingly erasing the new FOB album from radio completely).

Panic! at the Disco was my douchey coworker's favorite band in 2005. I don't remember his name anymore but he had frosted tips.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:11 am

My wife and daughter are at the Panic at the Disco concert right now.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:53 pm

The lead singer/songwriter guy of Panic! At the Disco is pretty talented and emo people love him.

They're less offensive than other similar bands.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:50 pm

Emo people of a certain age I guess.

They always seemed like a gimmickier/lousier Fallout Boy, exactly the kind of band you say "God, remember Panic! at the Disco?" to a chorus of snickers, the same way 90's people would react to, say, Reel Big Fish.

But I guess "we" somehow decided The Killers are rock vets worthy of sold out stadium shows in 2018 so whatever.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:27 pm

Duff... wrote:They always seemed like a gimmickier/lousier Fallout Boy

I'm not an expert on this type of music and basically give zero shits about it, but I think since their first two records this has essentially flip flopped, right? Panic! was proved to be the band with real creative juice and Fallout Boy broke up and reformed as a cynical cash grab.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:27 pm

Duff... wrote:But I guess "we" somehow decided The Killers are rock vets worthy of sold out stadium shows in 2018 so whatever.

People who primarily listen to "new rock music" in this decade have terrible taste, there's no way around it.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:38 pm

chrondog wrote:

I'm not an expert on this type of music and basically give zero shits about it, but I think since their first two records this has essentially flip flopped, right? Panic! was proved to be the band with real creative juice and Fallout Boy broke up and reformed as a cynical cash grab.

I hadn't heard anything about them since their brief Beatles thing SOMBies gave grudging support to, so maybe they've been flying under (or maybe over) my radar all this time but I'd been assuming this was their own cynical cash grab after watching Fallout Boy have a go of it.

But yeah, the crux of this conversation is that mainstream rock music has been terrible for a long time, probably since white people started doing it.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:51 pm

Duff... wrote:I hadn't heard anything about them since their brief Beatles thing SOMBies gave grudging support to

have no memory of this and no idea what you're referring to

it's great
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:20 pm

undo wrote:
    Duff... wrote:I hadn't heard anything about them since their brief Beatles thing SOMBies gave grudging support to

have no memory of this and no idea what you're referring to

it's great

he's referring to Panic!'s second album where they did this:
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:22 pm

Duff... wrote:
    chrondog wrote:

I hadn't heard anything about them since their brief Beatles thing SOMBies gave grudging support to, so maybe they've been flying under (or maybe over) my radar all this time but I'd been assuming this was their own cynical cash grab after watching Fallout Boy have a go of it.

But yeah, the crux of this conversation is that mainstream rock music has been terrible for a long time, probably since white people started doing it.

I haven't heard much from Panic! in the last few years either, but it wasn't an area I was keeping my eyes on. Upon investigation, it looks like frontman Brendon Urie took over principal songwriting after that second album and they've been on a steady ascendency since. Their last two albums both went #1.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:10 pm

The world's a twisted place.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:11 pm