[solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Share
    Duff...
    Duff...
    President Obama

    Posts : 2640
    Pizzas : 549
    Join date : 2012-12-25
    Location : private beach in Michigan
    DispositionSunny.

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by Duff... on Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:16 pm

    I am not familiar with this project. Recommended?

    They played "Tic Tac Toe" a lot on B96 (or was it Z95?) in 1990 I think, and recently it popped back into my head for the first time in at least 20 years. I definitely should not have been listening to it at that age.
    undo
    undo
    Mystery Thread Deleter

    Posts : 3531
    Pizzas : 654
    Join date : 2012-12-25
    Location : Vulvaland

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by undo on Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:43 pm

    Duff... wrote:I am not familiar with this project. Recommended?

    I mean, he's not Anthony Fantano.
    undo
    undo
    Mystery Thread Deleter

    Posts : 3531
    Pizzas : 654
    Join date : 2012-12-25
    Location : Vulvaland

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by undo on Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:44 pm



    Why?
    Duff...
    Duff...
    President Obama

    Posts : 2640
    Pizzas : 549
    Join date : 2012-12-25
    Location : private beach in Michigan
    DispositionSunny.

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by Duff... on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:33 pm



    I guess we're just stuck with this kinda thing from now on huh.
    undo
    undo
    Mystery Thread Deleter

    Posts : 3531
    Pizzas : 654
    Join date : 2012-12-25
    Location : Vulvaland

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by undo on Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:31 pm

    I'm really curious where NF is popular and/or getting played.

    I wonder if most of his fans know he's a Christian rapper, but then again I wonder what that even means.
    undo
    undo
    Mystery Thread Deleter

    Posts : 3531
    Pizzas : 654
    Join date : 2012-12-25
    Location : Vulvaland

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by undo on Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:40 pm



    I mean I guess I can imagine what this music sounds like but
    undo
    undo
    Mystery Thread Deleter

    Posts : 3531
    Pizzas : 654
    Join date : 2012-12-25
    Location : Vulvaland

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by undo on Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:44 pm

    undo wrote:
    Duff... wrote:I am not familiar with this project. Recommended?

    I mean, he's not Anthony Fantano.

    I'll admit that it's been a few years since I've subjected myself to one of his videos. I watched one the other night and he seems to be really toning his shit down into something borderline-watchable?

    I still want proof that he's not an actual 4chan edgelord. What that would look like, I have no idea.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    President Obama

    Posts : 2640
    Pizzas : 549
    Join date : 2012-12-25
    Location : private beach in Michigan
    DispositionSunny.

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by Duff... on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:49 am

    YouTube is still just a thing I watch music videos and MTV Downtown on and Anthony Fantano is not gonna change that.

    undo wrote:I'm really curious where NF is popular and/or getting played.

    I wonder if most of his fans know he's a Christian rapper, but then again I wonder what that even means.

    Think it's B96 I'm hearing him? I had no idea he was christian rap, so yeah.
    undo
    undo
    Mystery Thread Deleter

    Posts : 3531
    Pizzas : 654
    Join date : 2012-12-25
    Location : Vulvaland

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by undo on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:17 pm



    Nostalgic romanticization of childhood has been the most regressive, egotistical trend in music over the past decade, maybe even since Funeral came out.

    Twenty One Pilots were poetic masters of this by comparison to this song.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    President Obama

    Posts : 2640
    Pizzas : 549
    Join date : 2012-12-25
    Location : private beach in Michigan
    DispositionSunny.

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by Duff... on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:24 pm

    undo wrote:Twenty One Pilots were poetic masters of this by comparison to this song.

    Don't quite agree but I suppose the comparison itself is damning.
    undo
    undo
    Mystery Thread Deleter

    Posts : 3531
    Pizzas : 654
    Join date : 2012-12-25
    Location : Vulvaland

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by undo on Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:05 pm



    Duff...
    Duff...
    President Obama

    Posts : 2640
    Pizzas : 549
    Join date : 2012-12-25
    Location : private beach in Michigan
    DispositionSunny.

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by Duff... on Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:54 pm

    Jesus fucking christ.
    Soma
    Soma
    Ugly Virgin

    Posts : 1549
    Pizzas : 310
    Join date : 2012-12-25
    Age : 27
    Location : Bowcat Alley

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by Soma on Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:01 pm

    The British public's infatuation with miserable novelty songs carries on unabated and this is our Christmas number 1. Literally the death wish

    Duff...
    Duff...
    President Obama

    Posts : 2640
    Pizzas : 549
    Join date : 2012-12-25
    Location : private beach in Michigan
    DispositionSunny.

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by Duff... on Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:29 pm

    How in fuck's name is Panic! At the Disco still a thing.
    undo
    undo
    Mystery Thread Deleter

    Posts : 3531
    Pizzas : 654
    Join date : 2012-12-25
    Location : Vulvaland

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by undo on Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:30 am

    I know they're supposed to be friends and that it's probably one of those things that's been said so often no one wants to hear it anymore, but damn they really ripped off everything Fall Out Boy was doing for fifteen years and it finally paid off in a huge way (while also seemingly erasing the new FOB album from radio completely).

    Panic! at the Disco was my douchey coworker's favorite band in 2005. I don't remember his name anymore but he had frosted tips.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    In-character Poster

    Posts : 977
    Pizzas : 325
    Join date : 2012-12-25
    Age : 48
    Location : West Ridge

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by Ted Falconi on Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:11 am

    My wife and daughter are at the Panic at the Disco concert right now.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    dying of laughter, here, but still genuinely sorry.

    Posts : 3121
    Pizzas : 287
    Join date : 2013-01-03

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by chrondog on Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:53 pm

    The lead singer/songwriter guy of Panic! At the Disco is pretty talented and emo people love him.

    They're less offensive than other similar bands.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    President Obama

    Posts : 2640
    Pizzas : 549
    Join date : 2012-12-25
    Location : private beach in Michigan
    DispositionSunny.

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by Duff... on Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:50 pm

    Emo people of a certain age I guess.

    They always seemed like a gimmickier/lousier Fallout Boy, exactly the kind of band you say "God, remember Panic! at the Disco?" to a chorus of snickers, the same way 90's people would react to, say, Reel Big Fish.

    But I guess "we" somehow decided The Killers are rock vets worthy of sold out stadium shows in 2018 so whatever.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    dying of laughter, here, but still genuinely sorry.

    Posts : 3121
    Pizzas : 287
    Join date : 2013-01-03

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by chrondog on Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:27 pm

    Duff... wrote:They always seemed like a gimmickier/lousier Fallout Boy

    I'm not an expert on this type of music and basically give zero shits about it, but I think since their first two records this has essentially flip flopped, right? Panic! was proved to be the band with real creative juice and Fallout Boy broke up and reformed as a cynical cash grab.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    dying of laughter, here, but still genuinely sorry.

    Posts : 3121
    Pizzas : 287
    Join date : 2013-01-03

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by chrondog on Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:27 pm

    Duff... wrote:But I guess "we" somehow decided The Killers are rock vets worthy of sold out stadium shows in 2018 so whatever.

    People who primarily listen to "new rock music" in this decade have terrible taste, there's no way around it.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    President Obama

    Posts : 2640
    Pizzas : 549
    Join date : 2012-12-25
    Location : private beach in Michigan
    DispositionSunny.

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by Duff... on Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:38 pm

    chrondog wrote:
    Duff... wrote:They always seemed like a gimmickier/lousier Fallout Boy

    I'm not an expert on this type of music and basically give zero shits about it, but I think since their first two records this has essentially flip flopped, right? Panic! was proved to be the band with real creative juice and Fallout Boy broke up and reformed as a cynical cash grab.

    I hadn't heard anything about them since their brief Beatles thing SOMBies gave grudging support to, so maybe they've been flying under (or maybe over) my radar all this time but I'd been assuming this was their own cynical cash grab after watching Fallout Boy have a go of it.

    But yeah, the crux of this conversation is that mainstream rock music has been terrible for a long time, probably since white people started doing it.
    undo
    undo
    Mystery Thread Deleter

    Posts : 3531
    Pizzas : 654
    Join date : 2012-12-25
    Location : Vulvaland

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by undo on Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:51 pm

    Duff... wrote:I hadn't heard anything about them since their brief Beatles thing SOMBies gave grudging support to

    have no memory of this and no idea what you're referring to

    it's great
    chrondog
    chrondog
    dying of laughter, here, but still genuinely sorry.

    Posts : 3121
    Pizzas : 287
    Join date : 2013-01-03

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by chrondog on Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:20 pm

    undo wrote:
    Duff... wrote:I hadn't heard anything about them since their brief Beatles thing SOMBies gave grudging support to

    have no memory of this and no idea what you're referring to

    it's great

    he's referring to Panic!'s second album where they did this:
    chrondog
    chrondog
    dying of laughter, here, but still genuinely sorry.

    Posts : 3121
    Pizzas : 287
    Join date : 2013-01-03

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by chrondog on Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:22 pm

    Duff... wrote:
    chrondog wrote:
    Duff... wrote:They always seemed like a gimmickier/lousier Fallout Boy

    I'm not an expert on this type of music and basically give zero shits about it, but I think since their first two records this has essentially flip flopped, right? Panic! was proved to be the band with real creative juice and Fallout Boy broke up and reformed as a cynical cash grab.

    I hadn't heard anything about them since their brief Beatles thing SOMBies gave grudging support to, so maybe they've been flying under (or maybe over) my radar all this time but I'd been assuming this was their own cynical cash grab after watching Fallout Boy have a go of it.

    But yeah, the crux of this conversation is that mainstream rock music has been terrible for a long time, probably since white people started doing it.

    I haven't heard much from Panic! in the last few years either, but it wasn't an area I was keeping my eyes on. Upon investigation, it looks like frontman Brendon Urie took over principal songwriting after that second album and they've been on a steady ascendency since. Their last two albums both went #1.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    President Obama

    Posts : 2640
    Pizzas : 549
    Join date : 2012-12-25
    Location : private beach in Michigan
    DispositionSunny.

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by Duff... on Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:10 pm

    The world's a twisted place.

    Sponsored content

    Re: [solved]and I hate modern music, disco boogie and pop

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:15 am