Duff...
25 posters

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl - Page 10 Empty Re: People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

Post by WP64 Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:23 pm

In the process of doing all of that shit this morning, I missed the damn bus to Florence and had to cancel my date with this girl, which was the reason that I went to get the original haircut in the first place. Fuck it.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl - Page 10 Empty Re: People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

Post by zappo Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:59 pm

Soma wrote:Only had that experience with an elderlyish Italian barber, funnily enough. Told him to take a little bit off/tidy it up and ended up w/ the most generic short cut imaginable. Found out afterwards that several of my friends have had the exact same experience in the same shop.

Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:11 am

Damn, Jerry's haircut looking pretty modern and drippy in 2019.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:56 am

Soma wrote:
    Actually my other Italian barber experience was bringing in a picture of Don Draper (yeah I know, lol, this was 2012 it was the style, don't @ me) and ending up w/ the Jersey Shore instead.

At least he kept it in the same era.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:30 am

I was drinking with some friends on Friday night and ended up talking to this group of people, one of which was American, for several hours. One of the Italian girls seemed to be flirting with me (I was drunk so my ego was probably inflated) but she invited me several times to this Thanksgiving party they were throwing the next day. The next day I got a message from the American guy with the address and he told me to show up around 7:30 or 8:00.

I wasn't even going to go because I didn't even really know these people and didn't really feel like socializing with a bunch of new people. In the end, I forced myself to go because I really had nothing else going on. I arrived at like 8:30 or 8:45 (I texted the dude and told him I would be late but would show up eventually because I just assumed this was a casual thing where we were all going to get drunk and maybe eat a mashed potato or something). When I finally arrived I walked into a room with a table of like twelve people, most of whom were family members, including their sixty year old parents. It also seemed like they might have been waiting for me to eat.

Most awkward shit of my life. I have never been less prepared for a social situation in my entire life. Nobody was even talking for like the first fifteen minutes of dinner (plus I had already eaten before) so I was literally just sitting there fucking sweating and trying to force feed myself this green bean casserole. Nightmare shit doggs. When I finally got out of there, three hours later, it felt like I was making a jailbreak.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:33 am

Like, how the fuck are you going to invite a stranger to your extended family's dinner without any forewarning whatsoever?!
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:58 am

Hahaha oh man, that fucking sucks dude.
    Girl still flirting with you during nightmare family party?
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:15 pm

Yeah, if the flirting had ceased and you had no interest how could you stay? Just say, gotta go post about this on a public forum y’all, dueces!
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:21 pm

When I arrived she was seating on the complete opposite side of the table and basically acted like I didn't exist for the first half of the meal. But what the fuck can you do at that point? I was completely caught off guard. I couldn't just stand up from the table while everyone was eating and be like "alright, actually I am going to bounce, peace assholes." I am already at a disadvantage because I have to operate in a second language that I haven't even come close to mastering.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:47 am

What about the second half of the meal?
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

How did her pussy taste?
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

You keep skipping the important parts of the story.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:57 am

Am I on Howard Stern or something? What is going on?
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:05 pm

This shit happened to me consistently when my brother was studying abroad and had me visit, I was a third wheel with no knowledge of the language. It turned me off from the wonders of travel lol. I prefer to navigate the idiotic confines of my own country
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:56 pm

It can definitely be difficult sometimes but that dinner party was especially brutal. I was curious to know if people though I made a really weird impression. One of my friend's best friends was there at the party with her boyfriend and I found out from her that I didn't show up late and that nobody had anything to say about me once I left. So perhaps I am just over-reacting, which of course would not be the first time.

She didn't say anything about the girl who actually invited me, but she did say that her much more attractive friend was interested in me. So in the end, maybe it was worth it.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:05 pm

If you watch reality TV programs on your phone in a public place that's supposed to be quiet, that's it. You're done for in my book!
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:21 am

Oh my god, yes. A few weeks ago I was on a two hour train ride from Milan to Bologna with some dude who was watching cartoons on his phone without headphones. Just letting that shit play out for the whole goddamn train car. I can't believe people do this shit.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:22 pm

I could bitch about it all day long, blame society for letting this morph from a faux-pas into a norm, blame inconsiderat individuals, but in the end if I'm too squishy to ask someone to turn it down or use headphones
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:11 pm

I’m at an indoor water park and the number of people that deem the inside of their shoe an appropriate place to hide their phone is astounding to me.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:21 pm

I have a relative that has been in and out of multiple nursing homes the past couple of months. These organizations are horrible and run by some seriously despicable people. Not to mention the day to day employees seem to care little for the patients and all involved despise the relatives of the patients.

And let me tell you, they do all they can to withhold information, tell blatant lies and if you get a third party such as a patient advocate involved they will immediately try to ship the patient out.

These homes want three things: their patients to die quickly, the ability to move patients requiring more attention to a different home and to accumulate as much money as possible during these windows of time.

It is a further reflection on the American healthcare system that these places can run unchecked and COVID has only enhanced their ability to keep you in the dark.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:01 pm

Yeah, too many places are run like this. It's disgusting.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:47 pm

A few nights ago we had a small going away party for a friend of mine. It was only about eight of us and we went out to a club for a drum and bass night (the friend is British). One of the last people to arrive to the party showed up with an absolutely disgusting cold. He spent the entire night blowing his fucking stuffy ass nose. I could not have been more upset about it. After these two years how could anyone be dumb enough to go out like that?

Of course I have caught his nasty ass virus. Today has been especially bad. I've been napping on-and-off all day and feeling like absolute dog shit. I don't think it is COVID but I have scheduled an appointment to get tested in a few hours.

Anyways, real douchebag move.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Tue May 10, 2022 3:19 pm

I’m managing my kid’s little league team and so far it’s been mostly fun but I do put a lot of pressure on myself to make sure the kids are having fun and learning.

Anyway, the guy in charge of the league sent out an email today saying a couple managers were suspended this week because they got overly aggressive with an umpire’s call they disagreed with over the weekend.

The umpires are like 14-16 year old kids trying to make some money. What kind of monster gets so enraged over a little league game they verbally assault and intimidate a kid?
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:20 pm

Just found out my brother scalps tickets. I made my displeasure known.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:09 am

Can you hate a system while still exploiting it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:07 pm