Duff...
25 posters

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl - Page 9 Empty Re: People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

Post by WP64 Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:32 pm

Political contestation is for the living.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl - Page 9 Empty Re: People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

Post by BGwaves Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:04 am

Looks like the poster Tjenz earned a little disdain and was negged... after reading the politics section of the forum I have a feeling the Lopp Civil War is inevitable.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:11 am

Eh, we agree on too much stuff these days. Bring on the conflict is what I say.

For the record I'm against pulling signs out of other people's yards.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:55 am

I know someone who did this but with a twist
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:47 pm

undo wrote:
    coyote wrote:Usually ribbons around a tree in the suburbs signify a recent local tragedy. Like the girl down the block has cancer or someone killed themselves. It’s like the trending thing.

Well this just happened less than a mile away, I wouldn't have even known if I hadn't gone looking after reading your reply.

Damn do u live in Willowbrook? This is a big deal
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:42 pm

undo wrote:I know someone who did this but with a twist
    Did what? And what is the twist?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:28 am

My parents stole a sign from a neighbor's yard in the dead of night several years ago.

To explain the twist I'd have to describe the sign and doing so would put them in mortal danger.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:03 pm

coyote wrote:Damn do u live in Willowbrook? This is a big deal

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/burr-ridge/news/ct-dbr-sterigenics-concerns-tl-0913-story.html

Dozens of Burr Ridge residents turned out Monday to speak out against Sterigenics, a Willowbrook sterilization company that is releasing ethylene oxide. In 2014, the Environmental Protection Agency classified ethylene oxide as a carcinogen.

“As of three weeks ago, I am basically terrified for my daughters’ health,” S. K. Pedersen, a Burr Ridge woman, said at a Village Board meeting. “I have had cancer. My husband’s had cancer. Just about everyone on our street, Elm, has had cancer.”

Head coach of the Bulls lives on this street too!
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:59 pm

Was walking near my home with my mother yesterday when a small african american child in a bright blue superhero costume with pointy ears on the mask walked by with his mom, and my mother says, "Oh, Black Panther." So I'm looking into real estate in some other country right now.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:26 am

I don't know if I get that story to be honest? Is it something to do with that movie that I never watched?
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:13 pm

Um, yes. I haven't seen it either, but from what I've heard there's this guy in it named Black Panther. As the name suggests, he is black, both in race and in what colour costume he wears.

The child in question was wearing a bright blue costume. My mother's assumption of what he was dressed as was derived from his skin tone. It was embarrassing to hear her say that out loud in front of other people.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:05 pm

I would recommend that both of you guys watch the movie Black Panther. It's cool and good and important imho.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:32 pm

You're probably right but I'm not watching many movies these days. Think the Garfield Spider-Man is that last super hero thing I've watched.

Not my neg, by the way.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:50 pm

I had a really long language lesson today and it was really hot in the classroom and my allergies were acting up so I was already in a bad mood. While one of the students was introduced herself to the class, this Chinese dude next to started whispering in my ear that the speaker, who is transgender, was a woman and not a man. When I told him that I understood that he tried making fun of her with me. I've actually never experienced that in real life before and I got really fucking pissed off. I told him to shut the fuck up and stared him down until he looked the other way and stopped his giggling.

I don't think I made a friend today. I really can't believe people do this shit. I unfortunately understand why it happens in high schools because the environment in those places is fucking toxic. But we are grown ass people who should be able to recognize and accept difference and diversity, even if you don't want to embrace it.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:12 pm

Spam him with links to Contrapoints videos until he de-radicalizes!
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:50 pm

This guy on the train has been frantically chewing his nails for 20 minutes straight and it’s driving me crazy.

I can’t look away and even closing my eyes doesn’t work because I fucking know he’s still doing it.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:30 pm

So I pressured myself into going and getting my haircut even though I was really enjoying my long hair. I went in and told the guy, just give me a slight trim. I don't want you to cut barely anything. He clearly understood what the fuck I was saying but proceeded to cut off most of my goddamn hair. I wasn't really fully aware of what he was doing because I had my glasses off. Now I have this horribly styled pompadour bullshit haircut that accentuates the fact that my hairline is receding. Also, I just hate "clean" and styled hair. It's not my thing, which is why I can basically never go to a barber.

Now I am going to have to call this guy tomorrow and be like "your a fucking asshole, just cut my hair really short and I'll have to regrow it over the next two years."
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:30 pm

I have made this same mistake like twenty different times in my life, but I never learn.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:33 pm

Let’s be honest, you’re not calling him.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:43 pm

Why the hell not? I am definitely going to call him because I have to go back in there tomorrow morning to have him shave my head because I can't walk around like this.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:58 pm

I think I was getting a haircut today at the same time you made that post.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:23 pm

Hopefully yours went a lot better!

I'm gonna go pretty damn short and keep it that way for a while, I think. I probably look better that way anyway to be honest. It's going to take a while to get used to it though. I have a date tomorrow in Florence with this attractive Italian girl that I've never met. She seems pretty excited to meet me as well. This is not going to be good for my confidence at all. It's hard enough trying to date in a foreign language...

I am such an incredibly lucky person that these are the biggest issues in my life, but also this really is bothering me right now.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:24 pm

Only had that experience with an elderlyish Italian barber, funnily enough. Told him to take a little bit off/tidy it up and ended up w/ the most generic short cut imaginable. Found out afterwards that several of my friends have had the exact same experience in the same shop.

Actually my other Italian barber experience was bringing in a picture of Don Draper (yeah I know, lol, this was 2012 it was the style, don't @ me) and ending up w/ the Jersey Shore instead. Maybe you just need to wait till you're on holiday to have your hair cut.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:59 pm

Did you call him?
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:20 pm

Yeah, I called him this morning because I wanted to go in but his shop was closed because the hours change for the month of August. I told him that I wanted a shorter haircut and made an appointment for Monday at 11am. Obviously I wasn't waiting another two days, so I just went to another barber and he fixed my shit up. Now I just have really short hair. It's generic but he did a good job and it will grow in nicely. When I told him that I had just gotten my hair cut the day before, he was literally appalled. He also gave me a discount on the cut since he felt sorry for me.

My act of protest is not calling that other dickhead to cancel the appointment at 11am on Monday. Got him good! iwantsomeofthat

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:41 pm