Ned Braden
Duff...
25 posters

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

damo suzuki
    damo suzuki
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 61

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl - Page 11 Empty Re: People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

Post by damo suzuki Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:09 pm

C-poots wrote:Can you hate a system while still exploiting it?
    Yes. Often you can not do much to change it in any meaningful way.

I hate capitalism. But there isn't going to be a people's revolution in my lifetime.

Reconciled a long time ago that even if I didn't own property or gave up eating meat, the net result would be zero to the machinery of life. It would make me feel smug about myself at the cost/loss of pleasure and comfort in my life. Which is a gamble- a car accident can take you out or be diagnosed with some illness you will never have control to prevent (Chris Hemsworth).

All you got for it all was feeling good about your carbon footprint when corporations poison the Earth a million times over what abstaining from a hamburger would save?

Nah. Life is to live for enjoyment and pleasure. You don't have to be a raging asshole in life, but if you are not part of the game you are being played to one degree or another.

Have to live the life you have, as best you can.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl - Page 11 Empty Re: People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

Post by Nick Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:16 pm

Some grown ass man sitting at the table next to us at breakfast this morning was super particular about how his oatmeal had to be prepared. Then, asked for a shot of apple juice.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:51 pm