5 posters

Do your kids enjoy or want to be YouTube stars

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Do your kids enjoy or want to be YouTube stars Empty Do your kids enjoy or want to be YouTube stars

Post by undo Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:41 am

Do they love Mr. Beast and how he gives away so much money to people and love how cool that is?

Logan Paul (still popular but maybe not in the same way as 5 years ago, idk), PewDiePie (my photo actually autocorrected the proper capitalization of his name), people who stream themselves playing games or doing all sorts of other things, etc.

Do they want to "do" this kind of thing? This is a lifestyle goal and a career idea for many (or so I've heard or also possibly believe)
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Do your kids enjoy or want to be YouTube stars Empty Re: Do your kids enjoy or want to be YouTube stars

Post by BGwaves Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:48 am

My son hated being on camera during the pandemic.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Do your kids enjoy or want to be YouTube stars Empty Re: Do your kids enjoy or want to be YouTube stars

Post by Nick Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:48 am

My kids watch YouTube more than anything else. My youngest watches something called Jeffey which seems like just a weird talking puppet. I’ve never sat down and absorbed it which is likely a parenting fail on my part.

My oldest watches highlights packages of NFL games from the 70s & 80s and highlight reels of his favorite players. He also watches guys opening packs of football and baseball cards. When someone pulls a valuable card he gets fired up like he was the one who acquired it.

They don’t have aspirations of being YouTube stars but kids in our neighborhood for the past few Halloweens have dressed up as “YouTubers”.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:31 pm

BGwaves wrote:My son hated being on camera during the pandemic.

That sucks for him but I find it reassuring that this feeling is still possible, I thought that everyone born after 2000 LOVED being on camera and that it was going to be a permanent generation gap matter.

Nick wrote:kids in our neighborhood for the past few Halloweens have dressed up as “YouTubers”.

What would this even look like
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:12 pm

Nick wrote:kids in our neighborhood for the past few Halloweens have dressed up as “YouTubers”.

What would this even look like[/quote]

They wore headphones, had a make shift laptop hooked around their neck and carried around one of those lights that are popular for YouTubers to use.
    damo suzuki
    damo suzuki
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 61

Post by damo suzuki Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:01 pm

I don't know if they want to be "stars" but they are comfortable starting channels, uploading Tik Toks and Twitch streaming.

Two of my daughters started YTs. Multiple channels. One is a Song/dance/covers channel with two of their friends. They do dance routines to popular songs and a lot of show tunes.

The other is a channel where my middle daughter talks about books. She got super into YA stuff early on and is still her "thing".

My son has a YT as well. But he just posts his Robolox stuff. He doesn't like being on camera. Occasionally he streams Roblox or Genshin Impact. Right now he is super interested in Tower of Fantasy like everyone else.

All my kids love Tik Tok, Snapchat, and so on.

My kids are kinda old now. So it's their business really. I just subscribe, like the videos, and only rarely leave a comment. Which I try to make as non-dad as possible. Just a "Great video" or "Awesome job." I am sure they fucking hate it.
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:14 pm

My daughter figured out video editing and comical editing techniques by herself when she was like 4.

She has always been into stories and making elaborate ones with her dolls and dollhouses.

A lot of what she has done is set to private so far.

I don’t think she wants to be a star she just likes video editing.

Tiktok seems toxic as fuck and I keep her off there.
    damo suzuki
    damo suzuki
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 61

Post by damo suzuki Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:04 pm

My son is a video editing master. He started via the Ipad when he was around 4 as well. Which blows my mind that he figured out how to do it but also make it coherent.

He edited multiple part story together that he enacted within Roblox with his friends playing other characters. Not short either. These are like 40 min sagas and they did like 20 of these things.

I have no fucking clue what they are about- they are sorta surreal/dark comedy/adventures. Some of his friends don't even live in the same fucking state. I don't know how they pulled this off for 20 episodes.

I hope one of these kids becomes rich because they have brought poverty to my wife and me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:18 am