spiritofeden
34 posters

going through some shit right now

WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

going through some shit right now - Page 17 Empty Re: going through some shit right now

Post by WP64 Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:20 am

Similar topics: Shoegaze Black Metal shit

imlikewhoa 
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

going through some shit right now - Page 17 Empty Re: going through some shit right now

Post by Nick Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:18 pm

Had a horrible case of stomach flu the past 48 hours. Coming out both ends along with a fever. I didn't sleep and lost 7 pounds. I still don't have an appetite but am back at work struggling through the day.

I can feel myself all sweaty and tired. Not even coffe sounds appetizing.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:06 pm

go get the all-in platter from I Dream of Falafel and force feed that grub into your system.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:55 pm

My grandmother passed away a couple of hours ago. It hasn't really sunk in yet. She was 92 years old, led a very happy existence, knew she was on her way out and was looking forward to seeing my grandfather in Heaven, which seems like a pleasant thought even if I don't share her beliefs.

This is far from a tragedy but I still can't really imagine a world without her.
    Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Post by Bruegel Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:52 pm

Condolences, dude.

I still miss my grandmothers but just taking a few moments to think about the happiness they brought me and many others is a comfort.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:03 pm

Condolences, Soma.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:04 pm

shit, that sucks. she sure got to see a lot in this world, didn't she?
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:26 pm

Sorry to hear about it Soma. All the best to you and your family.
    I am going to chicago this weekend and I'm so happy I'm going to get to see my 96 year old grandma at a family reunion. She's healthy and happy, but when they're that old, every opportunity for a hug and an "I love you" is a wonderful blessing. I don't believe in heaven and stuff either, but there's no way in hell that lady will be going anywhere else when the time comes.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:03 pm

I have about 20 mosquito bites on each of my legs.

Soma I am sorry for your loss.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:48 pm

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

I think I've fallen very ill from drinking so much over an extended period of time.
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 181

Post by Paves Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:07 pm

I had this heavy orange guitar pick that I'd been using almost exclusively for like a year and a half. Dropped it on the floor yesterday and it fell into a crack in the wall. I tried getting it out and it just went all the way in there, disappearing forever.

Luckily, it was a shitty piece of plastic that was worn down, anyway. Kind of a double edged sword, this situation. Arguably single edged, in fact.

Not really going through some shit at all lately. Especially since I got a new inhaler that put an end to the almost nightly asthma attacks that I was enduring for a while there. Things were getting a little intense circa late July through early August on that front.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:35 pm

What have you been doing for a living since graduating, Pavement Ist Rad.
    Bruegel
    Bruegel

Post by Bruegel Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:47 pm

producing his magnum opus
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by Paves Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:54 pm

Pretty much.

When I was in college my dad opened a math tutoring center and I became the janitor there.  And I still am!  And on an even larger scale since the place expanded this past year.  Decided after college that not trying to move out of my parents' place and "get a (more) 'real' job/career" was fine as long as I actually spent most days of the week practicing guitar and/or working on my recordings for many hours.  Which I did and now I have a triple album that's almost as long as 20th Century Fox's Avatar and mostly doesn't just sound like noise farts or Daniel Johnston, I'm pretty sure.  And then sometimes I get paid to take gum/candy taste tests at the Wrigley's Global Innovation Center.  

Since graduating in mid-2012 I've minimized recreational smoking/drinking pretty goddamn significantly.  I don't watch TV, either.  Don't go out much unless it involves something important like being in the presence of an all-time shredder.  Got into ignoring most texts from "college friends" (aka STONERS/ALCOHOLICS DROWNING IN THE DREADED MILLENNIAL 20SOMETHING GHETTO) until they stopped bothering.

Looking over my post-college life I would say that I have gotten balls deep into patience and discipline, and balls deep OUT of pseudo-intellectual bullshit.  Thank god.

Some guy in Europe bought a CD box set from me today, though, and I might be getting hired for a temp position soon!
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:39 pm

x-post Crushing It mark whatever
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:23 am

Stunning post from paves. As well written and fascinating as anything I have read here in a year.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:19 pm

God damn.
    Paves, I want you to hang out with my little bro someday and hit him with some good vibes. Seems like he's very much on the same life choice path as you are, but with a much more depressed (presumably) world view, and still too much weed.
    I quite enjoy your magnum opus and look forward to seeing this deluxe box set.
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by Paves Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:22 pm

I sent you a copy today!  Thanks for ordering.  

So are you not flying planes in Europe anymore? I was expecting this to be an overseas shipment.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:15 am

Nope, I'm in a weird transitional phase that will most likely end with me searching for my first ever normal/real job. Moved back to the US almost a year ago on a two year contract to chill out in virginia beach. Attached to a weird "island of misfit toys" squadron full of aviators from all different backgrounds, but without any planes/flights. Super jaded towards the whole navy thing in general, despite my recent string of crushing it assignments and looking to make a major change in a year or so regardless. Been applying to a few dream jobs within the Navy, but no success this far. Undoubtedly due to my record of sustained inferior performance. Fingers crossed.

Other than that, I recently became an adult. I have a wife, a house, a puppy dog, and two bunny rabbits who are in a loving childless relationship. I also just put up a fence!
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:29 am

Ned Braden wrote:I also just put up a fence!

did you put it up yourself? i need to do this but don't have the money. i have a double lot!
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:17 pm

coyote wrote:
    Ned Braden wrote:I also just put up a fence!

did you put it up yourself?  i need to do this but don't have the money.  i have a double lot!  

Fortunately I did not. Had quite a bit of help from a friend who does this sorta thing for a living. He laid out the logistics, materials, and plan for where to dig, where to haul the shit, etc, and we worked it together. I think it ended up pretty nice! I will see if I still have the receipt for wood so as to give you some gouge on how much stuff costs and how much is needed (my place is just about 40' by 45').
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:56 am

At the beginning of this week my girlfriend from like four years ago called me on the phone and said she needed to talk. Turns out this kid we knew in high school had killed himself a month ago. I wasn't really good friends with him but it was still startling and shitty.

He was a pretty alienated kid who was very easy to make fun of. And people definitely did. But he used to make a shit load of music and some of it was actually pretty cool. Back in high school all of his tracks sounded like bad attempts at mimicking Dilla (which isn't the worst thing for a 16 year old to be doing). I scoped out his soundcloud after hearing about his passing and listened to a whole album of his and was pleasantly surprised. Sort of reminded me of the most recent Evian Christ EP.

Anyway, throughout the week I have had sort of a lingering "well god damn..." feeling as a result of this.

Also, Soma, I am really sorry to hear about your grandma. Hope you're doing slightly better with it now.
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Pizzas : 89

Post by vIv Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:01 pm

My Dad has Alzheimer's disease
    Bruegel
    Bruegel

Post by Bruegel Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:07 pm

Really sorry to hear that, Viv.

I was coming in here to post that my department is being merged with another so we are all under consultation but even the prospect of redundancy seems pretty futile now.

My thoughts are with you.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:11 pm

ah, fuck. keep yr head up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:29 am